So how are you guys dealing with Atmos ceiling speakers?

^Tripper^

Reaction score
For those that have set up ceiling speakers for Atmos setup, how about are you mounting those? I’m seeing “in ceiling” speakers that assume drywall ceiling; how about those with concrete ceilings like we have here? Other than doing a false ceiling, I’m curious how you guys are mounting those.

Appreciate the responses!

petetherock

Reaction score
I cut into my concrete ceiling previously, buried the cables and used Anthony Gallo speakers mounted onto the concrete.

DSC_0310.JPG

http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-setup-march-2016.html

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I guess there is no cheap way to enjoy atmos or height channels. Minimum is about $300 a pair or more commonly over $600/pair for wall/ceiling mount speakers.

Most people would not recommend going too cheap as ceiling speakers will be harder or more expensive to install. So might as well get better units as one is less likely to replace it.

Also I would get something that sounds more neutral and balanced to better match ground level speakers u might end up with in future. With experience, many may prefer balanced sounding speakers in the long run.

If u think u will never upgrade or change your ground level speakers, then just get height speakers that sound similar to your ground level speakers.

Ps I may not know what I am saying as I'm really just a noob too :)

Last edited:

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wMOZWIT.jpg

BOW8ZJ1.jpg

Here mine with audio exciters connected to Sony ATMOS receiver DH790, they are flat panel so it save a lot of space.

Last edited:

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how many people will agree but I would get something like a mini bookshelf speaker with minimum volume/size of svs prime elevation. After that narrow down to one that sounds similar to your other speakers especially the tweeter. Of cos still have to make sure it can be wall or ceiling mounted.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Atmos is minimum 2 ceiling speakers?

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Atmos is minimum 2 ceiling speakers?

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

That’s correct.

These will usually be placed at the front in which they call as Front Height Atmos Speakers or if you have the space, you can place it in the middle together with the side surround speakers or even at the back together with the rear surround speakers.

You can easily specify where you place those speakers in the AVR/Receiver/Pre-pro/Amp speaker settings.
Including if you are using the ceiling mounted speakers or wall mounted or those Atmos enabled upfiring speakers.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using SVS Elevation:D

How are u driving those atmos? External amp?

Looking to install atmos and considering what to drive revel ceiling speakers.
At first thinking of nice class AB but considering atmos maybe don’t need so expensive stuff. Not much info reading around.

Last edited:

goldtoes68

Reaction score
You should treat yourself to the best speakers you can afford. Your wallet may hate you but your ears will love you!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.