Reaction score
news from Sammobile on possible release of Tab S7 in Aug 2020 :s12:

comes in 2 variants:
- Galaxy Tab S7 with 11-inch screen
- Galaxy Tab S7+ with 12.4-inch screen

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-tab-s7-battery-capacity-revealed/

Official introduction video by Samsung

side by side comparison between Tab S7 and S7+

Tab S7 plus review by Teoh Yi Chie (aka parkablogs); a talented artist, urban sketcher, and blogger in Singapore.

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why so small... iPad Pro is 12.9 inches... I think 13 inches is great for most uses...

Taro Pie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yay finally got a big amoled tablet, hopefully not too expensive

Posted from PCWX using SM-N970F

DeadandBuried

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+ are here: 120Hz screens, S865+ and S Pen

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ is the larger of the two with a 12.4” AMOLED display. It’s has sharp 2,800 x 1,752 px resolution and 420 nit brightness. The fingerprint reader is built into the display.

The slate comes bundled with the upgraded S Pen from the new Note20 Ultra, which reduces latency to just 9 ms. The deep integration with Microsoft Office is present, but compared to the Notes it is enhanced with the optional keyboard add-on and always available DeX mode, which offer a laptop-like experience.

This tablet is quite thin, it measures a mere 5.7mm. However, its 10,090 mAh battery should be enough for 16 hours of uninterrupted video watching. Also, while the tablet supports 45W charging, you will need to purchase the right Power Delivery charger separately.

The Tab S7+ is powered by a Snapdragon 865+ chipset, which is quite a bit faster than the S855+ chip of the Tab S6 5G from earlier this year.

There will be thee connectivity options - Wi-Fi only, LTE and 5G. Auto Hotspot will automatically tether your other Galaxy devices to share the tablet's connectivity.

The chipset is paired with 6GB of RAM. It comes with 128GB of built-in storage, which you can expand using the microSD slot. An 8/256 GB configuration is also available.

The back of the tablet houses two cameras – 13MP main + 5MP ultrawide – plus a magnetic strip to hold the S Pen. For video calls, there’s an 8 MP camera on the front.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ as well as the S7 will start shipping in select markets on August 21. Here are the European prices for the S7+:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wi-Fi 5G
6/128 GB €900 €1,100
8/256 GB €980 €1,180

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

The Galaxy Tab S7 is an alternative to the plus model rather than just a lower cost option. It’s smaller with an 11” display and if you prefer LCD over AMOLED, you’ll be glad to hear that Samsung went with an LTPS TFT panel.

One advantage is that it’s brighter – 500 nits – while still supporting 120Hz refresh rate and the new S Pen although at the regular 26ms latency (same as the vanilla Note20).

Beside being smaller in the width and height dimensions, the Tab S7 is also lighter by almost 100g, all of which makes this tablet much easier to carry.

The battery capacity goes down to 7,040 mAh, but it still manages to power the hardware for a long time (15 hours of video, just 1 hour less than the plus).

Other than that, the vanilla Tab S7 uses the same chipset (S865+) with same memory configurations (6/128GB, 8/256GB) as its plus sibling, same cameras too (13MP + 5MP on the back, 8MP on the front).

DeX mode can be used on the tablet itself and you can enhance it with the Book Cover Keyboard, which has a touch pad. Also, the USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 port supports DisplayPort so you can connect and external monitor with a single cable (i.e. no need for a separate power cable).

Both the Tab S7 and S7+ feature four AKG speakers (two on the left, two on the right). These support Dolby Atmos if you're in the mood to watch a movie. By the way, the fingerprint reader is also mounted on the side because of the LCD.

The Galaxy Tab S7 will start shipping on August 21, here are the European prices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Wi-Fi LTE
6/128 GB €700 €800
8/256 GB €780 €880

Last edited:

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
but the Tab S7+ 5G only available via telcos.... sux life.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zu3Hx5ul.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the very first time the Tab S7+ 12.4 is making me rethink about my ipad pro 😁

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lau, why the 11 inch one is LCD, force people to get 12.4 inch Knn.

Going to get 12.4 inch WiFi version. Pre order got free keyboard cover right

iygnaug

Suspended
Reaction score
In general, the 1st-tier companies are going to sell lesser devices at a higher price as markets reach saturation. There is only so many products that they can sell. Apple's strategy of selling lesser phones but making more profit from each sales is the way ahead for most tech companies.

If the products last longer, I think a higher selling price is justifiable. But like all whom have commented, getting a laptop seems a better deal. The i5 surface pro starts at $1388.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In general, the 1st-tier companies are going to sell lesser devices at a higher price as markets reach saturation. There is only so many products that they can sell. Apple's strategy of selling lesser phones but making more profit from each sales is the way ahead for most tech companies.

If the products last longer, I think a higher selling price is justifiable. But like all whom have commented, getting a laptop seems a better deal. The i5 surface pro starts at $1388.

There are quite a few negative comments about the durability of the Surface tablets and laptops... and with the repairability so low... not worth compared to a normal ultrathin and light laptop from Asus or Acer or LG or even from more expensive HP or Dell...

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, i wanna get the 7+ and the keyboard cover....but it will set me back by 1900++..siao bo?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.