Singtel 1 Gbps Fibre

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha. I also very tempted on orange, cuz can have bundle packages to get awesome router.

But seems like orange users more often jumping their foots about network stability leh? I nvr use orange fiber before.

Ironically for me i always see green users complaining about stability. Lol

In terms of stability, I will say SingTel network is very good. That is one of the main reasons I have been with SingTel for Fibre broadband and TV since Feb 2012.

SingTel mobile is also very stable, so I have been with SingTel mobile since Sept 2013 and enjoy SingTel Circle benefits since then.

You can also say that I am too relying on SingTel and that is indeed true. So far so good though.

loganrunning

Reaction score
Ironically for me i always see green users complaining about stability. Lol

grass is always "greener" on the other side lol

network-wise, i was long time user of singtel (from before dinosaurs)
left because of unrelated reasons.

currently, no complaints about m1 or Whizcomms.

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Guys i have an issue with my onr. When i connected a rj45 directly from my laptop to the onr, i was able to obtain an ip address (192.168.1.xx) but i cant surf the internet. The internet port led was not lid but the PON and IPTV are. Is this due to the WAN connection being turned off/disabled in the onr configuration? Or are there any issues that can be causing this?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys i have an issue with my onr. When i connected a rj45 directly from my laptop to the onr, i was able to obtain an ip address (192.168.1.xx) but i cant surf the internet. The internet port led was not lid but the PON and IPTV are. Is this due to the WAN connection being turned off/disabled in the onr configuration? Or are there any issues that can be causing this?

Power off the ONR and wait for 15 minutes, then power on again to see if things return to normal.

If still got issue, then call Singtel support.

Apparently you are not getting a WAN address from SingTel aide. Hopefully restart will sort out the issue.

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
Power off the ONR and wait for 15 minutes, then power on again to see if things return to normal.

If still got issue, then call Singtel support.

Apparently you are not getting a WAN address from SingTel aide. Hopefully restart will sort out the issue.

Hi I have done that but still no Internet. If this onr is on bridge mode all ports on the onr will not work right if I connect my laptop to any of them? In this case I need to rely on another router to provide Internet?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I have done that but still no Internet. If this onr is on bridge mode all ports on the onr will not work right if I connect my laptop to any of them? In this case I need to rely on another router to provide Internet?

So you have done the bridge thingy by yourself? If yes then you have to use a vlan enabled router to get internet access, say any SingTel issued router, or Asus routers or TP-Link routers with Singtel vlan Profile.

If you are not well versed in the home networking, better not to change the ONR by yourself, because SingTel may charge you fees for the support in case you mess things up and require there support.

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
So you have done the bridge thingy by yourself? If yes then you have to use a vlan enabled router to get internet access, say any SingTel issued router, or Asus routers or TP-Link routers with Singtel vlan Profile.

If you are not well versed in the home networking, better not to change the ONR by yourself, because SingTel may charge you fees for the support in case you mess things up and require there support.

No I did not do anything to it. That is my boss' and he does not know who set it up. It was sometime back. It the onr is indeed on bridge mode will it have Internet connection if I connect my laptop directly to it?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No I did not do anything to it. That is my boss' and he does not know who set it up. It was sometime back. It the onr is indeed on bridge mode will it have Internet connection if I connect my laptop directly to it?

No connection as you do not have vlan in the laptop.

ONT -- only port 1 working, vlan needed.
ONR -- all 4 port working, no need vlan.

Are you sure it is an ONR? What is the model? For example, my ZTE ONT says it is Optical Network Router (ONR) in the print but it is configured as an ONT (Optical Network Terminal).

SingTel only provides Huawei and Nokia ONR.

Last edited:

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
No connection as you do not have vlan in the laptop.

ONT -- only port 1 working, vlan needed.
ONR -- all 4 port working, no need vlan.

Are you sure it is an ONR? What is the model? For example, my ZTE ONT says it is Optical Network Router (ONR) in the print but it is configured as an ONT (Optical Network Terminal).

SingTel only provides Huawei and Nokia ONR.

It's Huawei hg8244h and says ONR on the device cover. If it's in bridge mode it essentially becomes an ONT, am i right?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's Huawei hg8244h and says ONR on the device cover. If it's in bridge mode it essentially becomes an ONT, am i right?

Yes. That is correct. Then only the first port is working and you need a vlan enabled router.

And yes this Huawei is configured as ONR by default.

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. That is correct. Then only the first port is working and you need a vlan enabled router.

And yes this Huawei is configured as ONR by default.
ok if a vlan enabled router is connected to port 1 and still no internet (assuming the configuration is correct on router) what could be the issue? Firewall ports not opened on singtel end?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok if a vlan enabled router is connected to port 1 and still no internet (assuming the configuration is correct on router) what could be the issue? Firewall ports not opened on singtel end?

Which router you are connecting to Port 1?

Worse come worse, you need to seek SingTel support. They may need to reconfigure the ONR back to its default state as an ONR.

Anyway, just a few more questions to try to identify the problem.

Does it work before? What triggered the problem? Move of house? Renovation? Recontract?

Last edited:

jokerleo

Reaction score
WIFI connection unstable and drop off

Hi ALL,
i just bought an TP link AX6000, ONT connected to the singtel modem , Singtel modem connect to my new router AX6000. WIFI is okay in the rooms but i
have issue in not recieving wifi in my living room.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ALL,
i just bought an TP link AX6000, ONT connected to the singtel modem , Singtel modem connect to my new router AX6000. WIFI is okay in the rooms but i
have issue in not recieving wifi in my living room.

Maybe you need to post your floor plan and provide more details.

Are you using ONT or ONR? Are you using SingTel issued Wireless router? Where do you put them? Did you put the AX6000 in AP mode if it is case 1 or case 3?

1) FTP -- ONT -- SingTel wireless router -- AX6000?
2) FTP -- ONT -- AX6000?
3) FTP -- ONR -- AX6000?

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
Which router you are connecting to Port 1?

Worse come worse, you need to seek SingTel support. They may need to reconfigure the ONR back to its default state as an ONR.

Anyway, just a few more questions to try to identify the problem.

Does it work before? What triggered the problem? Move of house? Renovation? Recontract?

OK I found out the problem. Singtel told me they didn't subscribe to Internet. Only iptv and telephone. But can we view the house cctv remotely via the iptv port? Cos we were able to view before from our office. So an Internet connection was required right? . Last viewing was about 2 weeks ago.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK I found out the problem. Singtel told me they didn't subscribe to Internet. Only iptv and telephone. But can we view the house cctv remotely via the iptv port? Cos we were able to view before from our office. So an Internet connection was required right? . Last viewing was about 2 weeks ago.

Supposedly with IPTV only subscription, you can not view the house CCTV remotely. You have to have internet subscription.

IPTV get SingTel internal IP address, no public internet IP address for internet access. No idea why you were able to view it previously.

How do you connect the CCTV last time? Maybe it is a mistake by SingTel and now they found it and pluged the hole.

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Any singtel user can help me ping this IP?
:s12: Thank you in advance

mHRbb85.jpg

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

From my P20 phone, terms app, wifi, SingTel 1Gbps Internet.

$ ping -c 10 70.42.74.7
PING 70.42.74.7 (70.42.74.7) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=1 ttl=113 time=409 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=2 ttl=113 time=329 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=3 ttl=113 time=350 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=4 ttl=113 time=374 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=5 ttl=113 time=294 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=6 ttl=113 time=316 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=7 ttl=113 time=339 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=8 ttl=113 time=363 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=9 ttl=113 time=266 ms
64 bytes from 70.42.74.7: icmp_seq=10 ttl=113 time=267 ms

--- 70.42.74.7 ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9012ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 266.725/331.154/409.042/43.757 ms

BananaRain

Reaction score
:s12: Thank you in advance

C:\Users\User>ping 70.42.74.7

Pinging 70.42.74.7 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 70.42.74.7: bytes=32 time=242ms TTL=111
Reply from 70.42.74.7: bytes=32 time=241ms TTL=111
Reply from 70.42.74.7: bytes=32 time=242ms TTL=111
Reply from 70.42.74.7: bytes=32 time=241ms TTL=111

Ping statistics for 70.42.74.7:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 241ms, Maximum = 242ms, Average = 241ms

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.