SUSS LAW 2021

sueannje

Reaction score
HI all.. has anybody applied to this course or is anybody interested in this?

Would be nice to have some discussion.

Shengquan

Reaction score

Noted this course as well, looks good for a new course. Thinking of doing it maybe in a few years' time though.

JokerP

Reaction score

Hello, I have a spot reserved for that intake. Do let me know if you want to have a discussion.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a spot reserved for that intake. Do let me know if you want to have a discussion.

Plausible to share how to ace the panel interview and also what were your credentials into securing the shortlist to the course?

FruitFliesLikeBanana

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently applied for this course and took LNAT on mid July. May I know when the LNAT results are released (the invigilators at my test site told me that it's within 48 hrs but that wasn't true) and how much of a factor the LNAT score is in securing a place in SUSS?

Also, I'm applying as a transfer applicant with a-levels certificate, and I understand that this course is geared towards mid-career individuals. Will this negatively affect the success of my application?

JokerP

Reaction score
Plausible to share how to ace the panel interview and also what were your credentials into securing the shortlist to the course?

Sorry for the late reply, I don't usually check notifications from this website.

For the panel interview, I was just genuine about my passion and interest to study Law, which coincides with what I've written for my Personal Statement.

They'll definitely cross-refer to your Personal Statement and sniff out whether or not what you wrote was genuine or just a facade you've put up to look suitable as an applicant for the course, so it's best that you stay true to what you say.

As for my credentials, my GPA is definitely not in the range of the cut-off point a lot of the local Universities look for in terms of prospective law students. I also did not partake in any club activities that would enhance my qualifications, it was purely my LNAT in addition to probably other resources that proved my interest for the Law that got me in.

JokerP

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently applied for this course and took LNAT on mid July. May I know when the LNAT results are released (the invigilators at my test site told me that it's within 48 hrs but that wasn't true) and how much of a factor the LNAT score is in securing a place in SUSS?

Also, I'm applying as a transfer applicant with a-levels certificate, and I understand that this course is geared towards mid-career individuals. Will this negatively affect the success of my application?

I believe your LNAT scores won't be revealed to you, rather it'll be revealed to the University first instead. I back-tracked my e-mails and saw that I took my LNAT around March but got the e-mail back from them about my result on August. (I did my LNATs last year.)

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I don't usually check notifications from this website.

For the panel interview, I was just genuine about my passion and interest to study Law, which coincides with what I've written for my Personal Statement.

They'll definitely cross-refer to your Personal Statement and sniff out whether or not what you wrote was genuine or just a facade you've put up to look suitable as an applicant for the course, so it's best that you stay true to what you say.

As for my credentials, my GPA is definitely not in the range of the cut-off point a lot of the local Universities look for in terms of prospective law students. I also did not partake in any club activities that would enhance my qualifications, it was purely my LNAT in addition to probably other resources that proved my interest for the Law that got me in.

What were your LNAT scores?

Are you applying for the JD or LLB, cause I am applying for JD with a first degree. Therefore I am not sure if good grades will be the one of the main factors they are looking at since the dynamics of this group applying for JD are generally different from LLB students. I also am not in the late 30s so it appears that people entering JD had apparently way more experience than what I have.

I do volunteer myself in community work, so I am not sure how that will play out!

sueannje

Reaction score

hi not sure about the success rate but according to the website, lnat results should be out in mid-aug depending on when you took the exam.

producer.grd

Reaction score

Hey bro, I am in quite a similar position like you here~just filed my application in June for the 2021 LLB intake and took the LNAT in July.

Though I also had one other concern probably as to whether they would put me in the 2021 or 2022 intake, seeing how you shared that your National Service was a factor leading to your reservation in the 2021 intake~I'm also studying for a relevant diploma at the present stage, the final exams for which will be in December 2020 (though there would not be any schedule clash assuming I'm placed in the 2021 intake).

Nevertheless, I have carefully considered the matter and will be prepared to address the panel on the proper approach to be taken on this issue~

Last edited:

JokerP

Reaction score
What were your LNAT scores?

Are you applying for the JD or LLB, cause I am applying for JD with a first degree. Therefore I am not sure if good grades will be the one of the main factors they are looking at since the dynamics of this group applying for JD are generally different from LLB students. I also am not in the late 30s so it appears that people entering JD had apparently way more experience than what I have.

I do volunteer myself in community work, so I am not sure how that will play out!

LNAT score was 20 and LLB

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.