Android TV Box

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Yes, the MeWATCH app on my Samsung TV is laggy, like just a couple of seconds slower when executing commands compared to my Netflix and YouTube app.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, the MeWATCH app on my Samsung TV is laggy, like just a couple of seconds slower when executing commands compared to my Netflix and YouTube app.

it is a good tool to train your patience.

You will have enough time to reflect yourself after every button pressed.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For newer generation of preloaded box like EVpad or Ubox, they are all using the H6 CPU, try not to pay anything above S$200. The box HW cost is all less than S$60 so you are paying the rest for the apps. Best is to buy the lowest box with 2GB RAM. Then consider the WIFI factor if you can not use Ethernet.

For EVpad, that means either the EVpad 3S if you are okay with 2.4GHz WiFi or EVpad 3 or EVpad 5S if you need 5GHz WiFi.

HW cost difference between 3 2GB/16GB and 3Max 4GB/64GB will not be more than S$20.

EVpad 5P is 4GB/32GB.
EVpad 5S is 2GB/16GB.

EVpad 3S is 2GB/8GB without 5GHz wifi.
EVpad 3S Malaysia edition is 2GB/16GB without 5GHz wifi.

EVpad 3 is 2GB/16GB.
EVpad 3 Plus is 2GB/32GB.
EVpad 3 Max is 4GB/64GB.

Older EVpad models are no longer being sold but they should still work as well if the hardware still survives. And if they are still being sold, usually it is not worth buying.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest UBox Gen 8 box UBox Pro Max is based on newer H616 CPU, which is still a low end CPU if compared to S905X3. It has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.

On the other hand, the older Gen 7 UPro S is using H6 CPU, 2GB RAM and 32GB Storage.

Basically no need to buy latest Ubox Pro Max.

Gen 6 UPro 2 is using H6 CPU, 1GB RAM and 16GB storage. Gen 5 UPro has the same spec. Both should still be fine if you mainly run the apps bundled with the box.

The older Ubox models are no longer being sold but they are still usable if the hardware survives.

Last edited:

VaNs

Master Member
Reaction score
any alternative for 哥伦布直播?

Think it is down now. Don't mind paying

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any alternative for 哥伦布直播?

Think it is down now. Don't mind paying

For Chinese live TV, you can use many free apps, like 超级直播 or 电视家.

Or other channels, no good alternative. Best is Starhub Fibre TV and SingTel TV, or certain packs from SingTel Cast or Starhub TV+.

Or preloaded boxes like Ubox and EVpad. Evpad almost went under a few weeks ago after their servers got seized by Chinese authority. But they are recovering now.

Or you try those IPTV packages which no one can guarantee how long they can work.

VaNs

Master Member
Reaction score
For Chinese live TV, you can use many free apps, like 超级直播 or 电视家.

Or other channels, no good alternative. Best is Starhub Fibre TV and SingTel TV, or certain packs from SingTel Cast or Starhub TV+.

Or preloaded boxes like Ubox and EVpad. Evpad almost went under a few weeks ago after their servers got seized by Chinese authority. But they are recovering now.

Or you try those IPTV packages which no one can guarantee how long they can work.

thanks what about taiwanese and malaysian chinese channels mainly?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
beelink gs-king x playing catch up with x20pro :D

guess this the trend for high end box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beelink is still no match for Zidoo, Himedia and Egreat in the high end market.

If you look at Zidoo, they have many new offerings after the X20 Pro which was released in 2018.
https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/allProduct.html

On the other hand, Beelink seems to do well with mini PC side as well.
http://www.bee-link.com/

i only eyeing on x20pro bcos of xlr
but now see see only as my himedia q10pro still going strong though samba sometime intermittence

btw kodi 17.6 why dun have gmt+8 timezone?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only eyeing on x20pro bcos of xlr
but now see see only as my himedia q10pro still going strong though samba sometime intermittence
btw kodi 17.6 why dun have gmt+8 timezone?
If you have Himedia Q10 Pro, probably you do not need the Beelink any time soon, unless you want to play some Android games.

As for Kodi, I do not use it at all. I use streaming apps only, no local media playing.

Current apps on my Mi Box S, you can see that it is heavily geared towards Chinese Entertainment -- vod apps and live TV apps and music apps.

HHqGF9q.jpg

5H5pScw.jpg

Last edited:

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 x96 mini modified for cooling, so I stays at 50 deg max.
Recently I flash 1 to ATV experience 2ff, dun like it.
Another to Android 9. Best.

The ATV one now I cannot reflash to Android 9 as kernel changed. Is it gone case?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 x96 mini modified for cooling, so I stays at 50 deg max.
Recently I flash 1 to ATV experience 2ff, dun like it.
Another to Android 9. Best.

The ATV one now I cannot reflash to Android 9 as kernel changed. Is it gone case?

That should not happen, you should be able to reflash to original FW, using the standard flashing method.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That should not happen, you should be able to reflash to original FW, using the standard flashing method.
When I press reset n plug in USB cable nothing happens

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I press reset n plug in USB cable nothing happens

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT

Try both the USB burning tool (with PC + USB A-A cable) and the USB Burn Card Maker (MicroSD card).

Stock ROM should be Android 7.1 for X96 Mini. But I see that there is a version with 9.0 as well.

Ref:
https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-firmware-x96-mini-tv-box/

https://androidpctv.com/x96-mini-rom-firmware/

https://androidpctv.com/firmware-update-guide-tvbox-soc-amlogic/

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.