Home Fibre relocation

Jerry4845

Reaction score
I was planning to shift to a new place, both new and old places are fibre ready. Submitted relocation request to M1 on 2nd April and intent to move on 30th Apr. When testing on 30th Apr, no network at all at new place, LOS blinking red on modem. Called CSO, they said caused by netlink trust nvr do the shift and no schedule for it either. What can I do now? Only waiting? I have no home wifi access at all now. Kindly advise me bros. Thanks.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should not move home during **. It will be better to move after ** is over. You can call Netlink Trust to ask them.

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No schedule on their end. They might not have recorded your schedule at all. Might want to call NLT to seek advice.

Jerry4845

Reaction score
Should not move home during **. It will be better to move after ** is over. You can call Netlink Trust to ask them.

Yes, but luckily gov approved mover helped make it done and we wear mask all the way. In between, I called M1 and confirmed the schedule again, they nvr mentioned there could be a delay..

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monday can give them NLT a call and see how.

Next is cont. chase M1 to follow up with NLT. There is really very little you can do.

NLT might have limited resource to complete all the request now since a lot guys working at back end aren't local .

Jerry4845

Reaction score
Monday can give them NLT a call and see how.

Next is cont. chase M1 to follow up with NLT. There is really very little you can do.

NLT might have limited resource to complete all the request now since a lot guys working at back end aren't local .

Thanks, will try to do that.

Banned
Reaction score
Same thing happening to me now with myrepublic, they ask netlink and netlink themselves have no idea when can have estimate, preparing to buy the tpg 50gb data temp use for now haizzz

Jerry4845

Reaction score
Same thing happening to me now with myrepublic, they ask netlink and netlink themselves have no idea when can have estimate, preparing to buy the tpg 50gb data temp use for now haizzz

Ya, I m using it now. But the speed is really so so...

siegeholler

Reaction score
hi,

for opennet point, would it relocated from living room point to into my circuit breaker cabinet - example below.

reason being would use LAN from there to link the ONR to lan pt in living room then router ends at living room.

can opennet do this? or shall i ask my electrician ?

Apex

Reaction score
hi,

for opennet point, would it relocated from living room point to into my circuit breaker cabinet - example below.

reason being would use LAN from there to link the ONR to lan pt in living room then router ends at living room.

can opennet do this? or shall i ask my electrician ?

The Termination Point (opennet now called NetLink Trust) don't not belong to home owner. So u must ask netlink trust help.
For premises built in accordance to or prior to COPIF 2008, any optical fibre leading to the Termination Point (TP), including the TP itself is a property of NetLink Trust.

To ensure the integrity of the network infrastructure, only NetLink Trust’s appointed contractors are allowed to relocate the TP. A replacement fee will apply for any damage and unauthorised relocation of the TP.

You can contact NetLink Trust here or call our enquiry line, at 6563 4273/ 656-FIBRE to schedule for an appointment to relocate your TP.

siegeholler

Reaction score
The Termination Point (opennet now called NetLink Trust) don't not belong to home owner. So u must ask netlink trust help.

got it thanks..

do you happen to know at which point of reno i shld call netlink? i just hacked everything. i guess i shld get netlink to extend /relocate the point before everything is fitted in?

Apex

Reaction score
got it thanks..

do you happen to know at which point of reno i shld call netlink? i just hacked everything. i guess i shld get netlink to extend /relocate the point before everything is fitted in?

Strongly suggest u speak with your Reno ID on their plan and advise. They should be expert in this area on when you should start to relocate the point and how to run the fiber.

Concurrently can check NLT if they have available slot to perform
Relocation.

siegeholler

Reaction score
Strongly suggest u speak with your Reno ID on their plan and advise. They should be expert in this area on when you should start to relocate the point and how to run the fiber.

Concurrently can check NLT if they have available slot to perform
Relocation.

thanks.

apparently my contractor electrician can also relocate the point..

anyone use their own electrician to relocate fibre pt?

Singrish

Reaction score
thanks.

apparently my contractor electrician can also relocate the point..

anyone use their own electrician to relocate fibre pt?
My ID also got his electrician to do it. Apparently for old flats with no TP to begin with u definitely need NLT to install. But if its there just that u want to move to another location in the flat electrician can do.

I guess its the classic case of NLT also want to make $ so will tell u only they can move but electrician also want to make $ & tell u he can move it. Lol

hellgunner

Reaction score
Anyone can move the TP around, just that the existing fibre cable length will be the limit.

Do note that if your contractor / ID offers to relocate it for you, if somehow the TP no longer function at the new location. What will be the solution? Who will be the one who pay NLT the installation cost?

My 2 cents:
The official method to relocate the existing TP is to get NLT to do the job. NLT will ensure that the installed TP will operate at the recommenced specification. And NLT does keep a record of where the TP is located in your house (not sure what NLT does with this information)

siegeholler

Reaction score
got it thanks

electrician will come to do wiring to help conceal into circuit breaker box

and then netlink to relocate pt next day

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.