Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have Himedia Q10 Pro, probably you do not need the Beelink any time soon, unless you want to play some Android games.

As for Kodi, I do not use it at all. I use streaming apps only, no local media playing.

Current apps on my Mi Box S, you can see that it is heavily geared towards Chinese Entertainment -- vod apps and live TV apps and music apps.

sama sama me chinaman app too.....

games i use PS and switch

damn last time tot router 8 LAN port more than enough .......maybe next yr or 2 need 2 internet line haha

q10 use few yrs already thats why itchy hand :s13:

fZFUXQ9.jpg

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing...

Today (Sat) till Mon (8/8 - 10/8), Qoo10 has a $10 off discount coupon -- which you can collect at this link below:
https://www.qoo10.sg/qoo10day

Once collected -- this Qoo10 $10 off discount coupon is valid to use till Mon 10/8.

You can use this $10 off coupon when buying the Xiaomi 1080p Mi TV Stick selling at $60.

After applying the $10 coupon, the new Xiaomi 1080p Mi TV Stick will only cost ($60 - $10) = $50 + FREE delivery :)

After lazada coupon and shop coupon can get around $40+. But shipping from China so might be awhile. If buy 2 around 75 after CC promo

Last edited:

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am using minix T5 but i realised when using premiumize the 4k content is lagging alot even using wired connection. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am using minix T5 but i realised when using premiumize the 4k content is lagging alot even using wired connection. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

most likely is the source problem. the fix is not to use that lagging source.

try using youtube to play 4k video, if no problem then you can confirm it.

'heard' that RD is ok.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That is probably not related to the box but rather the grey area services Premiumize.

Of course if your 4k video is super high bit rate, then the box may have problems as well.

https://androidpctv.com/review-minix-neo-t5-opinion/
Max bit rate 100Mbps.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most likely is the source problem. the fix is not to use that lagging source.

try using youtube to play 4k video, if no problem then you can confirm it.

Take note some of those 4k sources have higher bit rate than YouTube or Netflix 4k.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bitrate I am selecting is around 48mbps so I think should be ok right?

the question is whether you are given the international bandwidth.

netflix/youtube have CDN so the behaviour is more like server housed in singapore, i.e local traffic.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bitrate I am selecting is around 48mbps so I think should be ok right?

Very much not okay since you may not get the bandwidth you need from the server. Remember it is not Netflix or YouTube with deep pockets.

Try to reduce the bit rate to see if that helps.

Also this type of cached torrent services (including Premiumize and Real Debrid) are really grey area services. So the ISP may block or throttle them, if the rights holders raise issues with the court.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very much not okay since you may not get the bandwidth you need from the server. Remember it is not Netflix or YouTube with deep pockets.

Try to reduce the bit rate to see if that helps.

Also this type of cached torrent services (including Premiumize and Real Debrid) are really grey area services. So the ISP may block or throttle them, if the rights holders raise issues with the court.

if using h.265 encoder, you need only 15Mbps for 4k video stream.

look for streams with less than 20Mbps if you have problems with higher bit rate.

normally people don't stream online video with very high bit rate, youtube/netflix's 30Mbps is already considered the max, and youtube/netflix has CDN to reduce the international bandwidth.

if you really want high bit rate video, stream it from your own NAS or a portable HDD attached to your android box.

Last edited:

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try both the USB burning tool (with PC + USB A-A cable) and the USB Burn Card Maker (MicroSD card).

Stock ROM should be Android 7.1 for X96 Mini. But I see that there is a version with 9.0 as well.

Ref:
https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-firmware-x96-mini-tv-box/

https://androidpctv.com/x96-mini-rom-firmware/

https://androidpctv.com/firmware-update-guide-tvbox-soc-amlogic/
Stock was Android 7, tried ATV on one. Sucks I no use TVBanywhere too, no special requirements for Android TV... Other I flash Android 9. Much better.
Bought a A95x F3 to replace old x96 mini.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 9S using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stock was Android 7, tried ATV on one. Sucks I no use TVBanywhere too, no special requirements for Android TV... Other I flash Android 9. Much better.
Bought a A95x F3 to replace old x96 mini.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 9S using GAGT

The A95X F3 series seem to have some good following among the generic boxes, along with the F3 Air and F3 Slim version. Hopefully you find it much better than the old X96 Mini.

X96 Mini is actually my first Android TV box bought in 2018.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats the reason why singcast bitrate so low for epl ...............

charge so high give so low .....machiam same as buy high sell low organisation :D

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats the reason why singcast bitrate so low for epl ...............

charge so high give so low .....machiam same as buy high sell low organisation :D

It is a bit different. SingTel has the means to deliver higher quality (2k/4k) contents through the "local" network, through SingTel Cast at least, but since SingTel TV is only up to 720p/1080p (actually 1080i) they probably do not want to offer higher quality videos through SingTel Cast.

This is probably the same for Starhub TV+. Starhub Fibre TV is again only up to 720p/1080p (actually 1080i), Starhub will not want to offer 2k or 4k contents through Starhub TV+.

We probably need to wait long long for SingTel and Starhub to offer 4k Fibre TV first. The 4k set top boxes are readily available, but it is up to Singtel/Starhub to upgrade.

As for MediaCorp MeWatch, probably same situation.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a bit different. SingTel has the means to deliver higher quality (2k/4k) contents through the "local" network, through SingTel Cast at least, but since SingTel TV is only up to 720p/1080p (actually 1080i) they probably do not want to offer higher quality videos through SingTel Cast.

This is probably the same for Starhub TV+. Starhub Fibre TV is again only up to 720p/1080p (actually 1080i), Starhub will not want to offer 2k or 4k contents through Starhub TV+.

We probably need to wait long long for SingTel and Starhub to offer 4k Fibre TV first. The 4k set top boxes are readily available, but it is up to Singtel/Starhub to upgrade.

As for MediaCorp MeWatch, probably same situation.

watch on phone or tablet singcast is fine actually....on TV really cmi to my eye
think i mention to u i might subscript epl from pp next seaosn...i have committed ....now can watch free remaining 2019/2020 matches

test EPL /FA cup/CL cfm better than singcast esp 原画50帧 match ....so flawless.....

this box advertisement jin overdue liao haha
HiMedia 8K
New HiSilicon Hi3796CV300 8K media chipset. Mali G52. 8K playback. Android 9

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watch on phone or tablet singcast is fine actually....on TV really cmi to my eye
think i mention to u i might subscript epl from pp next seaosn...i have committed ....now can watch free remaining 2019/2020 matches

test EPL /FA cup/CL cfm better than singcast esp 原画50帧 match ....so flawless.....

HiMedia 8K

Glad that you enjoy Soccer matches using PP. Are you using the CIBN 聚体育 app? Do you need China VPN?

As for HiMedia 8k, it is not announced right?
https://www.futeko.com/products/MP100.php

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HiMedia 8K

the singtel cast app is really CMi.

picture quality for most channels are not better than 480p video.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.