The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah shag
have u tried to see if it still posts? maybe super lucky those that broke off are just reserve pins...
if cannot then maybe can try sell on carouhell for super cheap, at least can offset the cost of a new one. had to do the same when I broke a pin off a 2600 a few months back, was snapped up really quick for $120 (usually they sell for about $170).

whoever bought from you must have some crazy soldering skills. I pretty much made a mess of it soldering LEDs to my KB and those are much bigger than the pins on a CPU.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, may i know which Noctua HSF is suitable for Ryzen 5 3600?

Or is there any other brand that you can recommend that has good cooling and low noise?

Have not been researching for the past 5-6yrs, still trying to catchup reading. Thanks

Last edited:

xhoyasx

Reaction score

Or is there any other brand that you can recommend that has good cooling and low noise?

Have not been researching for the past 5-6yrs, still trying to catchup reading. Thanks

many noctua model is suitable, depends if will fit your case, board and budget.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought so too... i need to invest in a new mobo as well... just realised that the cpu socket on the mobo is very filmsy as well :(

PS: Learnt my mistake, always use the warm up and twist method to remove cooler in the future.

yes need to twist when u remove hsf

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lots of good and cheap HSF out there. 212x, H7, BeQuiet, noctua...

Maybe try reading some reviews yourself?

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Lots of good and cheap HSF out there. 212x, H7, BeQuiet, noctua...

Maybe try reading some reviews yourself?

Yes, i am reading some reviews now. At same time my friend said Artic and EK AIO is good also. But i think will be more expensive:D

aikishi86

Reaction score
wah shag
have u tried to see if it still posts? maybe super lucky those that broke off are just reserve pins...
if cannot then maybe can try sell on carouhell for super cheap, at least can offset the cost of a new one. had to do the same when I broke a pin off a 2600 a few months back, was snapped up really quick for $120 (usually they sell for about $170).

Tried... basically it couldnt detect the ram that was installed in either B1 and B2 slot anymore. It could still boot into windows as per normal though.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried... basically it couldnt detect the ram that was installed in either B1 and B2 slot anymore. It could still boot into windows as per normal though.

So it can still be used albeit in single channel mode for the RAM. Suggest you test with Prime95 for an hour. If stable, just live with it until your next upgrade.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Noctua is not widely available in Singapore and can be quite costly here. You need to determine if there are any cooler height limitations for your case. I am using a Scythe Fuma 2 which is a very good cooler and will surely keep your 3600 cool without breaking the bank. Otherwise, even a humble Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED will work fine.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score

One important thing to consider which others did not mention. Do you intend to overclock? If just leaving at stock or minor overclocking then a normal cooler like Cooler Master 212 series should be enough.

ctstalin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I ordered a nh-u12a from Amazon

Posted from PCWX using HD1900

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
Noctua is not widely available in Singapore and can be quite costly here. You need to determine if there are any cooler height limitations for your case. I am using a Scythe Fuma 2 which is a very good cooler and will surely keep your 3600 cool without breaking the bank. Otherwise, even a humble Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED will work fine.

Thanks for the information. will check any SLS shop selling this HSF not.

One important thing to consider which others did not mention. Do you intend to overclock? If just leaving at stock or minor overclocking then a normal cooler like Cooler Master 212 series should be enough.

I have no intention of overclocking :).

aikishi86

Reaction score
So it can still be used albeit in single channel mode for the RAM. Suggest you test with Prime95 for an hour. If stable, just live with it until your next upgrade.

Actually i tried, i ran heavyload for like 30min or more... i came back with an unresponsive OS. Anyway, i already ordered another 3700X and the new B550, waiting for it to reach me via ninjavan within the next few days.

Plus i booked an appointment with TechDynamic to test out my old mobo, to double confirm that the B1 or B2 is not faulty. If confirmed to be still working fine, i shall put my old mobo Asrock AB350 Pro4 on Carouhell :s22:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Plus i booked an appointment with TechDynamic to test out my old mobo, to double confirm that the B1 or B2 is not faulty. If confirmed to be still working fine, i shall put my old mobo Asrock AB350 Pro4 on Carouhell :s22:

Might as well put up the 3700X for sale as well. Who knows, someone might buy it? :)

aikishi86

Reaction score
Might as well put up the 3700X for sale as well. Who knows, someone might buy it? :)

AMD is actually replacing my 3700X :eek:

Basically, they sent me an email earlier and ask me afew questions. I explained to them what happened and answered their questions accordingly. They just replied to ask me to send the CPU in and they will replace it for a 1-time off basis. :s22:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Basically, they sent me an email earlier and ask me afew questions. I explained to them what happened and answered their questions accordingly. They just replied to ask me to send the CPU in and they will replace it for a 1-time off basis. :s22:

That's amazing service actually

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score

That is good to know. :)

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Amazing customer service by AMD!!! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.