Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those people that bought from monmart. The invoice that is provided by him indicated the address at ubi ave 1, but there's no unit number listed there. So do you know how to claim for warranty?

Chat with him? I think they fix it in SG themselves.

Eh.... export set claim warranty????

Nero666

Reaction score
All the while I using 120hz with fhd+, I mean if I spend money on this beautiful big screen, confirm I maximise it.

I don't see any reason to use s20u with 60hz, might as well go note10+ better. The smoothness makes me feel my s20u is way snappy and faster than iphone now.

Yes i keep asking because very gian.. I watched finish all the s20 ultra reviews in youtube le no more videos for me to watch. That's how gian i am...
The battery life really better than iphone 11 pro max?? Ks it u compare the 60 Hz vs iphone 60 Hz

Nero666

Reaction score
Before s20u snapdragon im using 1+8pro China set, no problem on google pay for transit and payment, just that you need to hold longer to scan compare to s20u, s20u scan faster nfc.

And the curve screen from 1+8pro annoy me most the time, especially using the phone when laying on bed, unlimited accident touch on both edge.

Battery wise, s20u win, screen colour also better than 1+8pro. Had no regret to change from 8pro to s20u.

I know 1+8pro can do Wqhd with 120hz, but before I sold my 8pro off I did compared for these 2 screen, found out samsung give better display quality.

Oh ya, more and better hand gesture for s20u too, oneplus oxygen is way too "Clean" already.

I also watch finish all the 1+8 pro reviews in youtube. 1+8 pro not bad can get 12/256 at 1100+ now
Thing holding me back is the curve screen and no built in password manager

shachok86

Reaction score
Chat with him? I think they fix it in SG themselves.

Eh.... export set claim warranty????

Haha he say got 12 mth local warranty support. When I order also skeptical but if have den have lah, buy from other seller also only 1 mth warranty...so far his chat response is very good.. always reply to my queries within minutes...

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Functionality ios really cannot fight android system now.. split screen, pic in pic multi tasking etc.. **** even google maps also will auto minimise to become pip lo

Im still using my ipX for my work line.. so yea the samsung s20+ really has improved tonnes since my last samsung

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the samsung gestures are so smoooth to use just like ios..swipe bottom screen to change apps

Raigar

Reaction score
the samsung gestures are so smoooth to use just like ios..swipe bottom screen to change apps

yeah. The refresh rate definitely help and those fade away animation making it just like iphone.

I'm a serious Iphone hater, but I must give a hat off to them that their OS was so smooth making their phone is like above 60hz and also the clean animation.

PS : One of the reason why I hate apple so much https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/9/21360683/apple-super-healthy-kids-prepear-pear-logo.

on the top of deliberately slowing down your phone and forcing you to fix the battery on their official retailer only which costing 2x-3x price from the outside shop.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah. The refresh rate definitely help and those fade away animation making it just like iphone.

I'm a serious Iphone hater, but I must give a hat off to them that their OS was so smooth making their phone is like above 60hz and also the clean animation.

PS : One of the reason why I hate apple so much https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/9/21360683/apple-super-healthy-kids-prepear-pear-logo.

on the top of deliberately slowing down your phone and forcing you to fix the battery on their official retailer only which costing 2x-3x price from the outside shop.

I'm using Exynos, but I notice Chrome tend to shutter. Never happen in ios browsers.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Exynos, but I notice Chrome tend to shutter. Never happen in ios browsers.

Change to 120hz refresh rate and it will be creamy smooth.. sacrifice abit of battery.

Turn off animations. Go to developer options and change window transition animation to 0.5x or something like dat.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Functionality ios really cannot fight android system now.. split screen, pic in pic multi tasking etc.. **** even google maps also will auto minimise to become pip lo

Im still using my ipX for my work line.. so yea the samsung s20+ really has improved tonnes since my last samsung
Wait till you use iOS 14

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
Wait till you use iOS 14

- app drawer is silly, you have to swipe past 5 screens just to get to the app drawer
- you cannot arrange app drawer alphabetically, it is grouped into folders for you
- its damn irritating to drag icons to organize the homescreen, not sure what apple broke
- widgets are limited to that 5 and they don't have much use
- swiping back requires a full swipe and can only swipe left to right. on android i use fng and i can swipe right to left as well
- still very limited as compared to android

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
- app drawer is silly, you have to swipe past 5 screens just to get to the app drawer
- you cannot arrange app drawer alphabetically, it is grouped into folders for you
- its damn irritating to drag icons to organize the homescreen, not sure what apple broke
- widgets are limited to that 5 and they don't have much use
- swiping back requires a full swipe and can only swipe left to right. on android i use fng and i can swipe right to left as well
- still very limited as compared to android

That why you remove/hide all the other “clutter” home screens and leave one or two.

Swipe down from app drawer you get a alphabetically sorted list of apps.

They are all system widgets. No apps have widgets yet until iOS 14 is officially released and apps are updated.

This one is user preference. Android have very small trigger zone and small distance and on both sides. iOS has small trigger zone but you don’t have to swipe all the way, based on velocity of the swipe you can just do a short but fast swipe and it will back. Only left side to go back. However there are apps on iOS that can go forward with right swipe too unlikely we will see that on Android. Both sides pros and cons.

That list of limitations is shrinking slowly. Eventually the battle comes down to ecosystem.

Side note anyone considered the Xperia 1 Mk II?

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That why you remove/hide all the other “clutter” home screens and leave one or two.

Swipe down from app drawer you get a alphabetically sorted list of apps.

They are all system widgets. No apps have widgets yet until iOS 14 is officially released and apps are updated.

This one is user preference. Android have very small trigger zone and small distance and on both sides. iOS has small trigger zone but you don’t have to swipe all the way, based on velocity of the swipe you can just do a short but fast swipe and it will back. Only left side to go back. However there are apps on iOS that can go forward with right swipe too unlikely we will see that on Android. Both sides pros and cons.

That list of limitations is shrinking slowly. Eventually the battle comes down to ecosystem.

Side note anyone considered the Xperia 1 Mk II?

Unless you are a Pro photographer and use the Photoapp software, then shots can be very nice. For the common shutterbug, the Xperia 1 ii seems not to be all that great using the default camera with just point and shoot.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a Pro photographer and use the Photoapp software, then shots can be very nice. For the common shutterbug, the Xperia 1 ii seems not to be all that great using the default camera with just point and shoot.

Hope there's a gcam port for it but seems like don't have.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope there's a gcam port for it but seems like don't have.

Sony not many keen to develop as the user base is small. The only reason I'm keeping my Note 10+ Exynos is because the Gcam port I'm using is frequently updated and the photos are incredible. Since I don't game on my phone at all, I might look to get a Note 20+ once the prices drop sharply as with every other Samsung as there are already developmental work on Note 20 Exynos Gcam port. Devs are already discussing it on the telegram group I'm in.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

Any idea how to switch the region for korea sets?

My calls coming in cannot display my contacts name. Haha

My contacts normally saved with +65 xxxxxxxx

And it doesnt display the name.. calls coming in is without +65 so maybe it doesnt recognise

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.