The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

12sing34

Reaction score
Lowering your eyes too see computer, that seems strange, for progressive most individuals with degree issue will have to tilt their chin up more to see better.

It might have to do with the prescription/adjustment or the frame measurements. Hard to tell through the forum like this. Maybe you can check back with them.

Current prescription Hoya, Do you mean using a new hoya prescription lenses? any idea what brand is it? If no image, you have any more details to elaborate?

Hoya prescription lenses are from 2+ years ago:
Here is the info:
PD:65/63 right:32.5 left:32.5
Sphere Cyl. Axis. Add
Right -5.75 -2.75 10 +2.00
Left -6.75 -1.75 5 +2.00
R 2161J - 1.6 iD classic SFT
L 2161J - 1.6 iD classic SFT

OWA prescription:
PD Sphere Cyl. Axis. Add
Right 32.5 -6.25 -2.00 2 +2.25
Left 32.5 -6.75 -1.75 5 +2.25
Prestige 1.67

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Here is the info:
Sphere Cyl. Axis. Add
Left -6.75 -1.75 5 +2.00

OWA prescription:
PD Sphere Cyl. Axis. Add
Prestige 1.67

Quite a big difference in terms of prescription. I would recommend getting a 2nd opinion on the prescription. After that, slowly narrow down the problem :)

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you mind letting us know what is your age right now? When did you do your lasik? Also did the deterioration of your vision only started during ** period. I.e March onwards?

26. I did lasik in 2017. Yea. It became blur after March onwards. Stay at home for 2 months before I realise can’t really see the sign as clearly.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Here is the info:
Sphere Cyl. Axis. Add
Left -6.75 -1.75 5 +2.00

OWA prescription:
PD Sphere Cyl. Axis. Add
Prestige 1.67

ID is and still is the second highest tier lenses in hoya progressive lens right now, though it has been rename to mystyle profile.
As what user gardens3b mentioned, I do find it strange your astigmatism has changed like this. I also would recommend another second opinion.

Based on prescription wise, we see a difference mainly on the right eye, apart from the addition/laohua power of +0.25 more which is pretty normal.

I am not so sure how good is their prestige series but it’s not easy to match the comfort of the hoya ID/mystyle profile.

As I mentioned earlier too, frame size changes, the corridor given to you and other factors might affect. Go for the second opinion bro!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, have you went for any eyecheck so far?

There are afew possibilities, though what I suspect for now could be the the power reduced from the lasik is creeping back, coupled with your screen time, it’s causing your blurriness.

26. I did lasik in 2017. Yea. It became blur after March onwards. Stay at home for 2 months before I realise can’t really see the sign as clearly.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, have you went for any eyecheck so far?

There are afew possibilities, though what I suspect for now could be the the power reduced from the lasik is creeping back, coupled with your screen time, it’s causing your blurriness.

Doc say it’s fine and use too much screen. Suggest wearing spec while using com.

khyun2

Reaction score
I am guessing it’s good for consumer but for retail doing the promo, it’s abit of a loss in earning so understandably some places do not/may not want to promote it.

Or I could always recommend you to afew places I know that does it
Thanks Gansterkia. My friend informed me that Nanyang optical that there is promotion where purchase voucher from Shopee at discount of 15%.
Could i know the retail price for Zeiss Superb? Thanks.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Zeiss superb
1.5 990
1.6 1190
1.67 1690
1.74 2290

Seems like the free upgrade promo cheaper though. But it’s entirely your choice.

From precision plus(You pay this to upgrade to superb)(Dk if the shop giving you extra discount)
1.5 750
1.6 950
1.67 1450
1.74 1950

Thanks Gansterkia. My friend informed me that Nanyang optical that there is promotion where purchase voucher from Shopee at discount of 15%.
Could i know the retail price for Zeiss Superb? Thanks.

Thecrunchman

Reaction score
Progressives Newbee

Hi,

I am 45 and starting to struggle with near vision. I have had glasses for astigmatism and distance vision for many years, so the optician advised that I now need progressives.
Does anyone have experience with Owndays premium progressives? Are they any good? They are much cheaper than the premium brands, so thinking they could be good for my first foray into progressives.
Alternatively, where is a good place to pick up Varilux or similar? I am in the Bukit Timah area, so anywhere near me would be great.

Thanks so much!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Bukit Timah, what about mee mee optics? Reliable, professional and many years in that area. Very established! At Bukit Timah plaza.

Hi,

I am 45 and starting to struggle with near vision. I have had glasses for astigmatism and distance vision for many years, so the optician advised that I now need progressives.
Does anyone have experience with Owndays premium progressives? Are they any good? They are much cheaper than the premium brands, so thinking they could be good for my first foray into progressives.
Alternatively, where is a good place to pick up Varilux or similar? I am in the Bukit Timah area, so anywhere near me would be great.

Thanks so much!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Check out post #7064 too.

Hi,

Thanks so much!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.