Wechat wallet

kelun84

Reaction score
hi all gurus!

would like to ask which platform can allow me to charge to CC and get wechat angpao? can please share one with a lowest rate? thank you very much!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all gurus!

would like to ask which platform can allow me to charge to CC and get wechat angpao? can please share one with a lowest rate? thank you very much!

None if you have only Singapore debit or credit card. You need a mainland China bank card.

On the other hand, it seems to me 3rd party platforms may allow the top up of wechat wallet balance.

Be careful of scams if you use these type of services, especially with Carousell or various forums.
https://blog.moneysmart.sg/budgeting/wechat-pay-alipay/

Last edited:

whatmeworry

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need to top-up my China Unicom 中國聯通pre-paid SIM card.
Because I can't travel to china this year, my pre-paid SIM card value is getting depleted from the monthly subscription deduction.

I need help, meet up, I pay you Cash SGD100, you use your alipay/WeChat pay to top-up my 中國聯通 SIM card value.
PM me.

alvino

Reaction score
I need to top-up my China Unicom 中國聯通pre-paid SIM card.
Because I can't travel to china this year, my pre-paid SIM card value is getting depleted from the monthly subscription deduction.

I need help, meet up, I pay you Cash SGD100, you use your alipay/WeChat pay to top-up my 中國聯通 SIM card value.
PM me.
Bro try daifu or just search Alipay on carousell

black_hippo

Reaction score
Anyone able to help me unblock my wechat account? Kindly PM me please if anyone could help me unblock as im stuck without access to my wechat account without help to unblock it.

haichijia

Reaction score
got difference between wechat hkd and wechat rmb? wechat people in hk cannot ACCept hkd?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got difference between wechat hkd and wechat rmb? wechat people in hk cannot ACCept hkd?

Wechat Pay Hong Kong is only for people with HK Mobile and HK Bank Card.

It allows users in HK to use many WeChat Pay services. Last time it was only usable in HK but now you are able to use it outside of HK (say paying mainland street vendors), payment is in HKD.

Wechat Pay full function account is for people with China bank card. It can be used everywhere WeChat Pay is usable (say in Mainland China, HK, Singapore, etc).

Wechat Pay account without China bank card is pretty limited in function now. You are not able to receive red packet and transfer, basically you can not top up. You can pay certain services with SG credit card but pretty limited. Some users report the success of using it to pay for app services like QQ Music VIP. If you have existing balance you can use them up though.

Last edited:

haichijia

Reaction score
Wechat Pay Hong Kong is only for people with HK Mobile and HK Bank Card.

It allows users in HK to use many WeChat Pay services. Last time it was only usable in HK but now you are able to use it outside of HK (say paying mainland street vendors), payment is in HKD.

Wechat Pay full function account is for people with China bank card. It can be used everywhere WeChat Pay is usable (say in Mainland China, HK, Singapore, etc).

Wechat Pay account without China bank card is pretty limited in function now. You are not able to receive red packet and transfer, basically you can not top up. You can pay certain services with SG credit card but pretty limited. Some users report the success of using it to pay for app services like QQ Music VIP. If you have existing balance you can use them up though.

you know any way or daifu that can pay in hkd for alipay or wechat? i only found rmb daifu

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you know any way or daifu that can pay in hkd for alipay or wechat? i only found rmb daifu

Sorry no idea. I do not use any of these third party services as I have got a fully functional WeChat Pay account.

Edit to add: but if you Google for "港币代付", there seem to be some services provider.

Or you may just try remit service or bank transfer.

Last edited:

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
Sorry no idea. I do not use any of these third party services as I have got a fully functional WeChat Pay account.

Edit to add: but if you Google for "港币代付", there seem to be some services provider.

Or you may just try remit service or bank transfer.

how do u make your wechat account able to pay and accept money?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do u make your wechat account able to pay and accept money?

It is difficult now to set up a mainland China bank account unless you are working or studying in China.

My workaround is to get the help from a relative in China to set up a proper wechat pay account during my Dec 2019 short trip to China.

So technically it is his account and I am just using it. I am holding the SIM card and bank card as well. I just need to maintain the balance of the phone (RMB18 per month) and bank card (I can use remit service to top up when needed).

The workaround is not applicable to most of the people here...

Last edited:

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is difficult now to set up a mainland China bank account unless you are working or studying in China.

My workaround is to get the help from a relative in China to set up a proper wechat pay account during my Dec 2019 short trip to China.

So technically it is his account and I am just using it. I am holding the SIM card and bank card as well. I just need to maintain the balance of the phone (RMB18 per month) and bank card (I can use remit service to top up when needed).

Which telco did you use? That's cheap. Post paid?

Sent from Apollo 13 using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which telco did you use? That's cheap. Post paid?

China Mobile 移动王卡, I got it for app usage in Dec 2018. First year 50% OFF at RMB9 per month.

You can say it is the same as other mobile phone plans in China for all the major telcos there -- usually you deposited some money and top up regularly to maintain the balance. You can call it prepaid if using terms in Singapore. I was adviced to maintain RMB 200 balance to better use roaming outside of mainland China.

There should be similar plans from China Telecom and China Unicom as well. Cheapest may be below RMB10 per month.

China Mobile 移动王卡 RMB18 per month
https://touch.10086.cn/goods/220_220_1060520_1047966.html

China Unicom 腾讯大王卡 RMB19 per month
https://wk.10010.com/mobile.html#/

China Telecom 电信星卡 RMB19 per month
http://www.189.cn/products/90361274994.html?intaid=jt-sy-yd-05

All the above three can enable overseas roaming service to receive SMS in Singapore. If you visit China you can pay RMB 1 per day for 1GB data. So it is pretty convenient. And usually they will give you discount for the first year.

I will recommend the above three.

MVNO is even cheaper. The following is from JD at RMB 5 per month and using China Unicom network.
https://item.m.jd.com/product/4006241.html
But I am not sure whether it works in Singapore to receive SMS or not.

Edit to add: as per JD, you can add overseas roaming as well for the RMB5 per month plan.
https://item.m.jd.com/ware/consultationDetail/2637681-63297731.html

Xiaomi Mobile offers a low cost RMB6 per month plan.
https://partner.10046.mi.com/miMobileOrder/card_sell?channel=9999&from=juhe__main_home

Last edited:

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China Mobile 移动王卡, I got it for app usage in Dec 2018. First year 50% OFF at RMB9 per month.

You can say it is the same as other mobile phone plans in China for all the major telcos there -- usually you deposited some money and top up regularly to maintain the balance. You can call it prepaid if using terms in Singapore. I was adviced to maintain RMB 200 balance to better use roaming outside of mainland China.

There should be similar plans from China Telecom and China Unicom as well. Cheapest may be below RMB10 per month.

China Mobile 移动王卡 RMB18 per month
https://touch.10086.cn/goods/220_220_1060520_1047966.html

China Unicom 腾讯大王卡 RMB19 per month
https://wk.10010.com/mobile.html#/

China Telecom 电信星卡 RMB19 per month
http://www.189.cn/products/90361274994.html?intaid=jt-sy-yd-05

All the above three can enable overseas roaming service to receive SMS in Singapore. If you visit China you can pay RMB 1 per day for 1GB data. So it is pretty convenient. And usually they will give you discount for the first year.

I will recommend the above three.

MVNO is even cheaper. The following is from JD at RMB 5 per month and using China Unicom network.
https://item.m.jd.com/product/4006241.html
But I am not sure whether it works in Singapore to receive SMS or not.

Edit to add: as per JD, you can add overseas roaming as well for the RMB5 per month plan.
https://item.m.jd.com/ware/consultationDetail/2637681-63297731.html

Xiaomi Mobile offers a low cost RMB6 per month plan.
https://partner.10046.mi.com/miMobileOrder/card_sell?channel=9999&from=juhe__main_home
Thanks. Mine expired so got to get 1 again. My China bank account was tied to it. Now got to get a new China SIM and go to bank to update the new number.

Ghost^recon

Reaction score

I have 2 bank accounts that i set up back in 2013. Abc and construction. Abc already frozen cos of inactivity.

But the china number i used to open already long gone.

Ghost^recon

Reaction score

Thanks for replying anywah

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 bank accounts that i set up back in 2013. Abc and construction. Abc already frozen cos of inactivity.

But the china number i used to open already long gone.

If you still have a working China bank card, it makes sense to maintain the balance and link that to the WeChat account or Alipay account.

Supposedly you can upload your Singapore passport to verify your identity for both.

But I think you have to have a mobile account linked to the bank account as well during the certification process.

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
If you still have a working China bank card, it makes sense to maintain the balance and link that to the WeChat account or Alipay account.

Supposedly you can upload your Singapore passport to verify your identity for both.

But I think you have to have a mobile account linked to the bank account as well during the certification process.

Ya i tried and it didnt work.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i tried and it didnt work.

You need to have a working mobile number which link to the Bank card first. Then I believe it will work. Probably you can try during next travel to China.

This year everything becomes more difficult and it could be China side also gets more strict when activating WeChat Pay or Alipay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.