[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

bedbuger

Reaction score
So sergeant is considered a junior officer and low ranking in C company??

The start of rank is a
JO: PC>LCP>CPLC>Sgt>SS>SSS>SI....
SO: Insp> REFER to SPF.

Don't know what is your defination of low ranking. you seem very conscious about rank and promotion. It definately is a driving motivation but promotion won't be so fast a good 3-5years for each rank at least.

Russruss

Reaction score
The start of rank is a

Don't know what is your defination of low ranking. you seem very conscious about rank and promotion. It definately is a driving motivation but promotion won't be so fast a good 3-5years for each rank at least.

I am asking because we would definitely want to progress if we want this (APO) as a long term career. For me, I definitely want to commit and stay long term in C as an APO. So sergeant rank is an entry rank for me but I definitely want to progress to SO someday :)

Blowpipe

Reaction score
I am asking because we would definitely want to progress if we want this (APO) as a long term career. For me, I definitely want to commit and stay long term in C as an APO. So sergeant rank is an entry rank for me but I definitely want to progress to SO someday :)

You have chance to be SO one day if you work hard. But lets accustom to the APO work & culture first. You can visualised better after 1-2 years then decide whether you still want to be SO.

There were some Sgts in my squad who think & expressed same thoughts like you when first joined. But all have left by the first year blaming long hours, stupid brainless work, favourtism, no career progression, nonsense people etc.

Last edited:

Russruss

Reaction score
You have chance to be SO one day if you work hard. But lets accustom to the APO work & culture first. You can visualised better after 1-2 years then decide whether you still want to be SO.

There were some Sgts in my squad who think & expressed same thoughts like you when first joined. But all have left by the first year blaming long hours, stupid brainless work, favourtism, no career progression, nonsense people etc.

I will just have to preserve then bro if I want and intend to stay long enough :)

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The start of rank is a

Lol. Like that Russ2 from Sgt, waiting to be SO-Insp = 16 years to do so.
Given his educational level, there are other better careers to sink 16 years into.
Most people in this career, I would say they don't have high level of education, no university degree, else who will accept long hours and low rate per hour? Long hours and tough work I can think of is like Accting. But at least accounting can easily net you at least $300~600 annual increment.

It sounds like long hours and boring work. With a good degree, can opt for SPF-Inspector directly instead of joining as SGT here. SPF-Insp provides at least more than $1000 monthly than A or C Sgt. Russ2 should fight for a starting Insp instead.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Favouritism is like everywhere, almost every job. There's always people who wayang, PLP to higher management to get better life. But work is work, if u join certain career like this, almost everyday is doing the same old thing unless issue arises.

Sometimes Guy A joins 3 months earlier than Girl B into a company, Guy A can get promoted to supervisor, than manager while Girl B stuck at original position when both puts in equal effort/attitude.

I guess nowadays younger generation are seeking more on career progression, if they don't get promoted/increment within certain period, they will find that it is useless to continue, so seek other greener pastures.

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all Bros here for your valuable advices and opinions
I've decided to join C as APO even though A gross salary for similar post
Will be going for medical this week for coming Sep intake
6 weeks of training will be held at C Bukit Timah, will be staying out daily due to the current covid case :)

Russruss

Reaction score
Thanks all Bros here for your valuable advices and opinions
I've decided to join C as APO even though A gross salary for similar post
Will be going for medical this week for coming Sep intake
6 weeks of training will be held at C Bukit Timah, will be staying out daily due to the current covid case :)

Are you going in a direct-entry sergeant bro?

I just cleared my medical and their internal hiring criteria but my training intake is in October. My in-camp training is 10 weeks.

Russruss

Reaction score
Lol. Like that Russ2 from Sgt, waiting to be SO-Insp = 16 years to do so.
Given his educational level, there are other better careers to sink 16 years into.
Most people in this career, I would say they don't have high level of education, no university degree, else who will accept long hours and low rate per hour? Long hours and tough work I can think of is like Accting. But at least accounting can easily net you at least $300~600 annual increment.

It sounds like long hours and boring work. With a good degree, can opt for SPF-Inspector directly instead of joining as SGT here. SPF-Insp provides at least more than $1000 monthly than A or C Sgt. Russ2 should fight for a starting Insp instead.

Wow bro, 16 years is a very very long time haha. I did requested for direct-entry to Inspector at C but wasn't accepted. Though I had Ph.D, a Masters degree, an Honours degree and a local polytechnic diploma

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Sorry, may I know who give the info like Sgt 1, Sgt 2, 2A etc? Are you refering to HomeTeam rank structure or APO?

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow bro, 16 years is a very very long time haha. I did requested for direct-entry to Inspector at C but wasn't accepted. Though I had Ph.D, a Masters degree, an Honours degree and a local polytechnic diploma

Have you tried A company? Or even direct inspector @ spf? Feels like you getting shorter end of the straw. :( Those years of education, might as well throw away, start at this career 10 years+ ago. Hope you get recognised can promoted fast.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Then try find other more aspiring career outside maybe in some MNCs/GLC/Stat boards etc. If you not interested in the job, dun waste your time inside else our life will be misery.

Do note is an armed job require full concentration & commitment during your 12-13 hour shift.

Russruss

Reaction score
Have you tried A company? Or even direct inspector @ spf? Feels like you getting shorter end of the straw. :( Those years of education, might as well throw away, start at this career 10 years+ ago. Hope you get recognised can promoted fast.

I tried company A too but they haven't got back to me. SPF direct-entry to inspector requires commissioned officers in NS or PES A/B. Unfortunately I was PES C in my NS hence I couldn't qualify for SPF direct-entry even with my qualifications.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.