The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking to get a pair of lens (blue filter + photochromic) 1.56/1.6 index

any recommended shops with good rates?

is kodak evoblue worth it or would a generic brand do the same job?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Evoblue is good enough if you are looking for something affordable. Any preferred location around spore?

looking to get a pair of lens (blue filter + photochromic) 1.56/1.6 index

any recommended shops with good rates?

is kodak evoblue worth it or would a generic brand do the same job?

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Evoblue is good enough if you are looking for something affordable. Any preferred location around spore?

not particular about the location, as I'm located centrally

was quoted 110-125 for generic lens and 140 for the kodak, is that pricing alright or can I find even better priced ones.

any particular edge the kodak have over the generic ones, apart from branding

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
not particular about the location, as I'm located centrally

was quoted 110-125 for generic lens and 140 for the kodak, is that pricing alright or can I find even better priced ones.

any particular edge the kodak have over the generic ones, apart from branding

Not really TBH, but if you choose brands like zeiss or hoya you would probably see a difference.

Again, to individuals with high tolerance to clarity/distortion, most lenses would be fine e.g. me.
And vice-Versa there are others that have low tolerance thus they need to use better lenses!

subfusc

Reaction score
@GANGSTERKIA, would you recommend some lenses that are of decent quality and reasonable price? Thank you

Zeiss starting from their basic(not counting AO lenses)

Zeiss Light
Zeiss Light 3D
Precision Pure
Precision Plus/Asiana
Precision Superb
Individual 2.

Essilor above 400 Based on RRP
Comfort 3.0
Physio 3.0
X design
X Track
Xclusive.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Either do the hoya dynamic summit free upgrade to dynamic premium or zeiss precision pure upgrade to precision plus/superb!

Both are comfortable enough to last you 2-3 years about there..

The cost might be steeper steep but it’s a good investment for the following years..

@GANGSTERKIA, would you recommend some lenses that are of decent quality and reasonable price? Thank you

subfusc

Reaction score
How much would I be looking at for these lenses?

Either do the hoya dynamic summit free upgrade to dynamic premium or zeiss precision pure upgrade to precision plus/superb!

Both are comfortable enough to last you 2-3 years about there..

The cost might be steeper steep but it’s a good investment for the following years..

roburn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I intend to get a pair of spectacles

I’m near sighted (800 both eyes) and have astigmatism as well

Budget is 800+, would that be sufficient to get decent lens + an Ic Berlin frame?

Or would it be better for me to pay more to get lindberg instead

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

:s12:

Last edited:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Budget is 800+, would that be sufficient to get decent lens + an Ic Berlin frame?

A little tough. Your lenses will set you back quite abit because of the high power. IC berlin RRP $600 onwards usually. After discount and inclusive of your lenses - again, depending on what grade of lenses, with/without blue protect lenses, progressive lenses/digital lenses. However, due to the nature of the frame, i wouldnt recommend IC berlin because your lenses would be pretty thick even with the thinnest lenses. Not too sure about lindberg but price definitely higher. i would usually recommend a smaller plastic frame as the lens thickness wouldnt be too obvious.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
800 plus for ICB and lens might be possible. Lindberg only if you raise your Budget to 900ish safer.

Without discount a Lindberg frame + 1.67/1.74 for your frame would cost almost 1k or even exceed slightly..

But factor in discounts and all should be possible.

Hello,

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya
Dynamic summit
1.5 430
1.53 580
1.6 680
1.67 930
1.74 1430

Zeiss
Precision pure
1.5 550
1.6 750
1.67 1150
1.74 1550

Take note you are paying this price to get the free upgrade to the next tier.

How much would I be looking at for these lenses?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A little tough. Your lenses will set you back quite abit because of the high power. IC berlin RRP $600 onwards usually. After discount and inclusive of your lenses - again, depending on what grade of lenses, with/without blue protect lenses, progressive lenses/digital lenses. However, due to the nature of the frame, i wouldnt recommend IC berlin because your lenses would be pretty thick even with the thinnest lenses. Not too sure about lindberg but price definitely higher. i would usually recommend a smaller plastic frame as the lens thickness wouldnt be too obvious.
Any brand recommendations for frames suitable for higher power? I see lindberg titanium frames look even slimmer/thinner than ic berlin's.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Lindberg has different series, for high power individuals, their titanium air rim series would be good. But if you find it small, can look towards their acetanium series whereby the lens thickness can be more hidden by the thickness of the frame.

There are actually many many frames out in the market that are small. Usually higher power glasses, should be recommended with frames that are smaller so you can reduce the myopic rings/diminishing effect.
You can even look towards the bespoke 3D printed frames which can fit your face well and even be adjusted to make the lenses less thick!
Cost of such frames about 500? Cheaper than Lindberg and icb.

But good frames are not just Lindberg and ICB, it’s just that some of us here either try them before or so, so we just recommend.

Any brand recommendations for frames suitable for higher power? I see lindberg titanium frames look even slimmer/thinner than ic berlin's.

skybluegerald

Reaction score
am staying in the west. but am ok to travel around Singapore.!

looked at my prescription.

R- 2.75
L-2.5-1.75 x 170

roburn

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses guys, I’m interested in the acetanium frame from Lindberg so I have to up my budget

As for lens, I am open to suggestions as well , I have no brand preferences and I will use my spectacles mostly to do work on the PC.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Guess a basic lens from hoya, essilor or zeiss will do the trick. Also maybe add on their blue light filter, should be better.

Thanks for your responses guys, I’m interested in the acetanium frame from Lindberg so I have to up my budget

As for lens, I am open to suggestions as well , I have no brand preferences and I will use my spectacles mostly to do work on the PC.

subfusc

Reaction score
@GANGSTERKIA thanks for the information!

Hoya
Dynamic summit
1.5 430
1.53 580
1.6 680
1.67 930
1.74 1430

Zeiss
Precision pure
1.5 550
1.6 750
1.67 1150
1.74 1550

Take note you are paying this price to get the free upgrade to the next tier.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.