Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

beez83

Reaction score
Haha tried but cant

Nvm la

Just find the contacts and remove +65

Oh dear, sounds very inconvenient. Any others here using SD sets experiencing the same issue?
I was keen to get a SD set but seems that there are these issues. :(

colossus

Reaction score
China, Taiwan and HK have been getting the Snapdragon variant for sometime. So far I've been buying these variants from S10 Plus (bought from HK retail), Note 10 Plus (Taiwan) and S20 Ultra (TW). The last 2 sets I bought from Lazada.

For Korea I believe they only switched to SD from the S20 series.

Can I check if you have issue with the caller ID as what the korean set users are experiencing when using it in Singapore?

Aikon

Reaction score
Can I check if you have issue with the caller ID as what the korean set users are experiencing when using it in Singapore?

Yes bro, I replied your PM too.

I posted this issue before when I bought my Note 10+ TW set.

The caller ID problem exists on the Korean and Taiwan models. However my friend who has the Hong Kong model informed me that it is fine for his S20U.

Since both my models are TW, the work around is to add another version of the number in another field of the contacts. Then it works fine.

For example I have Joe Harris +65 98765432 under mobile and 98765432 under Fax or any other type like Home etc of the same contact. Then it will always work, even when you're overseas it will use the +65 98765432 because 98765432 doesn't work overseas without the country code.

With this workaround, no issues.

colossus

Reaction score

The caller ID problem exists on the Korean and Taiwan models. However my friend who has the Hong Kong model informed me that it is fine for his S20U.

Since both my models are TW, the work around is to add another version of the number in another field of the contacts. Then it works fine.

For example I have Joe Harris +65 98765432 under mobile and 98765432 under Fax or any other type like Home etc of the same contact. Then it will always work, even when you're overseas it will use the +65 98765432 because 98765432 doesn't work overseas without the country code.

TQSM for sharing!!

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes thats the workaround.

Just add the contacts again without the +65

Slight hassle and my friends are like.. huh u dunno who am i? When i try to recognise their voice

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did some googling and youtube vid watching

there’s some discussion that exynos S20s take better photos than SD S20s

is this true?
so technically if i’m buying the phone for the camera and not gaming, exynos is ok?

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did some googling and youtube vid watching

there’s some discussion that exynos S20s take better photos than SD S20s

is this true?
so technically if i’m buying the phone for the camera and not gaming, exynos is ok?
even if u going for cam.. still have other choices bah.. one+? xiaomi?
exynos chip is quite bad.

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m just trying to tell myself, no need to spend extra $300 for SD set lol

btw i still can’t find the momart or dream house technologies etc

even if u going for cam.. still have other choices bah.. one+? xiaomi?
exynos chip is quite bad.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update got fix exynos hot hot?

Nope, not fixed. So is the subpar battery life.

Even simple web browsing the phone will warm up. Don't even talk about gaming. That's why so many videos on YouTube showing the phone shuttering and struggling with popular games like Mobile legends or Fornight.

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
Sell s20 and get s10 lite
All matter fixed
Plus cheaper too

Nope, not fixed. So is the subpar battery life.

Even simple web browsing the phone will warm up. Don't even talk about gaming. That's why so many videos on YouTube showing the phone shuttering and struggling with popular games like Mobile legends or Fornight.

kyo9012

Reaction score
I purchase ultra for $25 with starhub coporate plan. Battery so far so good. However some widescreen youtube video stretch till hold punch camera, cant get use to it when watching widescreen drama

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
I purchase ultra for $25 with starhub coporate plan. Battery so far so good. However some widescreen youtube video stretch till hold punch camera, cant get use to it when watching widescreen drama
Wow how much you pay monthly

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.