The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to ask, has anyone had any experience buying Ryzen cpu from carousell? Is it safe? Their prices are about 15% cheaper than the retail price here. The sellers also seem legit based on reviews. TIA.

Buy at your risk. Unless u an advance builder. not recommended. If sh it happens, u want to ask for support where? Here? :o

Dont encourage those flippers. Press the price down to 30% discount or wait for black friday and get the 50% discount yourself.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
to be fair, cpus nowadays hardly break, usually its other parts like mobo or ram that might cause a system to fail. even my used xeons from 2013 have not failed on me.

zxLvvv

Reaction score
Buy at your risk. Unless u an advance builder. not recommended. If sh it happens, u want to ask for support where? Here? :o

Dont encourage those flippers. Press the price down to 30% discount or wait for black friday and get the 50% discount yourself.

I don't think the seller is one of those flippers as he also sells other pc parts and carry multiple stocks for each component. It's not like one of those individuals who happen to see huge discount and take advantage of it by buying 1-2 items then resell them at carousell

and anyway, does AMD have any AD here? if we need to RMA we also claim directly to AMD don't we?

Navillera

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think the seller is one of those flippers as he also sells other pc parts and carry multiple stocks for each component. It's not like one of those individuals who happen to see huge discount and take advantage of it by buying 1-2 items then resell them at carousell

and anyway, does AMD have any AD here? if we need to RMA we also claim directly to AMD don't we?
Distributors are Corbell or convergent systems if you bought local set.

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 XL using GAGT

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to ask a noob question, for Ryzen temps, which temp in HWinfo should one refer to?

there are 4
CPU (tcl/tdie)
CPU Die (average)
CPU CCD1 (tdie)
CPU CCD2 (tdie)

and then I read about this

StationA

Reaction score
Just to ask a noob question, for Ryzen temps, which temp in HWinfo should one refer to?

there are 4
CPU (tcl/tdie)
CPU Die (average)
CPU CCD1 (tdie)
CPU CCD2 (tdie)

and then I read about this

if uncertain, use the highest one la, then will be always safe.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ryzen Master is 100% running as I am running VMs on VM Workstation with 3700X.

Weird. Anyway I patched the Ryzen.exe as per the link I showed you. It works now. Only issue is it may break again should AMD decide to change the VBS detection on its exe.

Anyway all good now.

PS: BTW, how in world do you disable wifi and bt on this board? cant seem to find the settings anywhere in bios.

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weird. Anyway I patched the Ryzen.exe as per the link I showed you. It works now. Only issue is it may break again should AMD decide to change the VBS detection on its exe.

Anyway all good now.

PS: BTW, how in world do you disable wifi and bt on this board? cant seem to find the settings anywhere in bios.

I disabled the WiFi in Win10 connection and as for BT, I left it ON as I have Bluetooth devices running - keyboard and mouse

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyway all good now.

You can use RM and compare HWinfo and see which temps match, then uninstall RM.

I think Hwinfo all 4 temps are correct, just different parts of the chip :o

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if u confident, buy! Mai tu liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.