The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

aikishi86

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to ask, has anyone had any experience buying Ryzen cpu from carousell? Is it safe? Their prices are about 15% cheaper than the retail price here. The sellers also seem legit based on reviews. TIA.

Buy at your own risk. I might be having an issue with a carousell seller now for my replacement 3700X and B550 motherboard eventhough he has more than 400 over positive reviews and a verified account. :s22:

The price he sold me both components were around $60-70 cheaper than SLS

I shall wait until next week, since he promised 3-5 working days delivery for ninjavan.

Last edited:

aikishi86

Reaction score
I really think that my accident regarding the prism cooler and 3700X cpu somehow broke my motherboard as well. I can't wait any longer for AMD to send back the CPU or the replacement i ordered from carouhell, since I have some documents in my HDD. So i went to buy a 2nd hand less than a year old 3200G for $90... my pc cannot post and when it could post, it cannot detect the ram installed in both b1 or b2 slot. but both rams can be detected and work even with xmp enabled single channel in both A1 and A2.

Really an expensive lesson for me :s22:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good deal for ryzen mobo? My asus x570 prime pro from amazon NVMe spoil liao keep kena blue screen only can use sata ssd. Bo bian just change new one suay

1st time I heard nvme slot uplorry.. check nvme drive 1st b4 buying another sata drive

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really think that my accident regarding the prism cooler and 3700X cpu somehow broke my motherboard as well. I can't wait any longer for AMD to send back the CPU or the replacement i ordered from carouhell, since I have some documents in my HDD. So i went to buy a 2nd hand less than a year old 3200G for $90... my pc cannot post and when it could post, it cannot detect the ram installed in both b1 or b2 slot. but both rams can be detected and work even with xmp enabled single channel in both A1 and A2.

clear cmos and update bios :D

aikishi86

Reaction score
clear cmos and update bios :D

bro, clear cmosdone so many times liao... still the same and my mobo already at the latest bios version as i need to update it to use 3700X :s13:

I booked an appointment with TechDynamic already next thursday... since still have around 1 year or so for the warranty, hopefully they could replace the mobo for me, physical inspected the mobo so many times, and cannot find any scratches :s13:

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st time I heard nvme slot uplorry.. check nvme drive 1st b4 buying another sata drive

ya lor not sure why. my board got 2 nvme slot i tried both slot with different nvme ssd also kena same problem. reformat many times also

origamii

Reaction score

so currently u waiting for 3700x rma replacement to come from AMD and at the same time u got another 3700X and mobo from carouhell seller?

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. tried both my nvme ssds also kena. only sata ssd working fine

very weird, i never head of something like this before. my BIL had a qwirky issue which saw his NVME drive go missing after BSODing in a game which he downloaded from steam.. I think its division or something like that.. but that's it.

aikishi86

Reaction score
so currently u waiting for 3700x rma replacement to come from AMD and at the same time u got another 3700X and mobo from carouhell seller?

Yup, waiting for the 3700X RMA to come from AMD because I thought AMD will reject my RMA claim as it has 2 broken pins. But then they accepted it on 1 time off basis. Before they replied me, I went to get a 3700X and mobo from a carouhell seller but I got this feeling that I might have been scammed though
:s22:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, waiting for the 3700X RMA to come from AMD because I thought AMD will reject my RMA claim as it has 2 broken pins. But then they accepted it on 1 time off basis. Before they replied me, I went to get a 3700X and mobo from a carouhell seller but I got this feeling that I might have been scammed though

You bought same mobo as current ?

origamii

Reaction score

only go carousell when stock is rdy to deal . dont go for preorder, able to ask to refund? worst case report police

aikishi86

Reaction score
only go carousell when stock is rdy to deal . dont go for preorder, able to ask to refund? worst case report police

That guy is not preorder... he said he had ready stock and even stated available for pickup, but when i enquire about pickup, he said it's not available for the time being only ninjavan for now. but he refused to let me know the tracking, and he somehow ignored my msg on i sent to him today asking for status update. Anyway, he stated for 3-5 days delivery timeline, so i just give him benefit of a doubt and will wait till next tuesday. Even let say, confirmed that I got scammed, guess the carouhell rating and verified account are really useless. Buy at your own risk :s22:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That guy is not preorder... he said he had ready stock and even stated available for pickup, but when i enquire about pickup, he said it's not available for the time being only ninjavan for now. but he refused to let me know the tracking, and he somehow ignored my msg on i sent to him today asking for status update. Anyway, he stated for 3-5 days delivery timeline, so i just give him benefit of a doubt and will wait till next tuesday. Even let say, confirmed that I got scammed, guess the carouhell rating and verified account are really useless. Buy at your own risk :s22:

have you paid for the parts? I hope not man.

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very weird, i never head of something like this before. my BIL had a qwirky issue which saw his NVME drive go missing after BSODing in a game which he downloaded from steam.. I think its division or something like that.. but that's it.

ya mine also go missing cant boot need to take out and put in again! how did he fix it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.