The Watch Thread - Part 16

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pulled trigger on my dream watch, it's so fascinating to look at in real life. No regret in dropping a premium on it. :D

LukbuPe.jpg

Congrats! GXGX!! Enjoy the watch!!!

Laofuzi67

Banned
Reaction score
There is no "waitlist". The only list is "interest list". :(

This model gets shipped quite regularly, but you may need purchase history (preferably the less popular models) to get one from AD. Then again maybe not, this is not the most popular sport model. :eek:

Was told some ADs require purchase history with quantum....$100k
Means buy up $100k in other brands then get allocated one Rolex sports model at RRP anyone can confirm?

DaBenDan

Reaction score
Means buy up $100k in other brands then get allocated one Rolex sports model at RRP anyone can confirm?

If you can afford that amount of purchase history, you can afford the grey premiums of many desirable pieces. Don’t waste time and money with the purchase history then. Don’t tell others this secret.

BigStick

Reaction score
Pulled trigger on my dream watch, it's so fascinating to look at in real life. No regret in dropping a premium on it. :D

LukbuPe.jpg

Looking great! Congrats! :s12:

I doubt you need to spend 100k to get the polar. The type of watches you spend on is also factored in by the AD. For instance, buying 50k of 2-tone DJ/Cellini/IWC/JLC (slower moving types) is very different from buying 50k of a combination of popular (Rolex sports) and slow moving watches.

And I understand different AD have different approaches to how they allocate these popular watches. Also, there are different customer mix in each store - some stores may have a lot of VIP which make it difficult for an above average spender to get his watch. =:p

shinoku2

Reaction score
Since we are on the Rolex topic,just wondering since allocation is mostly allocated to VIPs, in this case whenever the stores get stocks of the sports model wouldn't they allocate to the VIP?and there's no reason for VIP to reject since all these pieces you can make tones of profit?common people like us or those hoping they can buy a non popular model to up the queue where in reality there's almost 0% change to get a sports model. Just my thoughts and it sucks to play the Rolex game imo

BigStick

Reaction score
Since we are on the Rolex topic,just wondering since allocation is mostly allocated to VIPs, in this case whenever the stores get stocks of the sports model wouldn't they allocate to the VIP?and there's no reason for VIP to reject since all these pieces you can make tones of profit?common people like us or those hoping they can buy a non popular model to up the queue where in reality there's almost 0% change to get a sports model. Just my thoughts and it sucks to play the Rolex game imo

For the popular ones, the VIP has to inform the AD first, then the management will need to approve. This is to prevent foul play by store managers/SE to allocate to their family, friends and known flippers.

Of course, it is the prerogative of the management to sell to any customers they want to. From a business perspective, it does not make sense to sell to the same group of people all the time. Hence, new customers with potential may also get allocation. This one is up to the store managers to pitch to their management. :D

shinoku2

Reaction score
Thanks for the information man :)

For the popular ones, the VIP has to inform the AD first, then the management will need to approve. This is to prevent foul play by store managers/SE to allocate to their family, friends and known flippers.

Of course, it is the prerogative of the management to sell to any customers they want to. From a business perspective, it does not make sense to sell to the same group of people all the time. Hence, new customers with potential may also get allocation. This one is up to the store managers to pitch to their management. :D

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

grey sellers still manage to get local AD stocks nonetheless

BigStick

Reaction score

Well, it's the prerogative of the management to sell to whoever they want. To move those 2-tone DJ, Cellini and ladies watches, they may bundle with those hot pieces. I understand this is very common in HK, Europe and US. I won't be surprised if it is done here also. :s8:

powerpack8

Reaction score

Yup, and this is one of them lol

vCDPQeP.jpg

I think it's kinda open secret now a lot of under table going on here, and I believe they have a system getting these popular watches into the grey market. The name on the warranty card is just some random name, and I guess from the inventory point of view every sale are unique buyers. I'm not surprised the majority of the VIPs are local or oversea grey sellers.

As BigStick summed it very well, it's the prerogative of the management to sell to whoever they want. However, I think the principle remains the same, if you are a potential buyer that could provide an equivalent profit of them selling to the grey market, you might be allotted the desired model by the AD.

It sucks for a new buyer like myself only interested in getting one piece, LL have to pay the grey market price. Though it does bring a lot of joy to get the watch I wanted finally.

Or you can try calling all the AD in the world, and hopefully, get lucky. It's interesting to hear the AD responses like the vid below :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this business model has been around for some time
Hermes has been doing it.

AP and PP is following suit because of the hype.

who started it? consumers on the ceramic daytona. blame them.

ADs are just doing what's best for their business. not happy? don't buy rolex.

there's alot watches out there as just as good or not better than a rolex.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.