The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Poking around with the Ryzen Power plans.... for min CPU clock i noticed it comes default at 99pc for balanced plan.

oddly, if i set it to minimum 99pc, the package power draw can go as low as 22watts - hovering around 25-30watts idle.

if set to 5pc, the package draw goes at best 29-30watts, hovering around 30-35watts.

Is there something with the 5pc vs 99pc that activates something ? logically speaking, 5pc should draw less power but it seems the opposite.

oddly, 99pc min CPU value's temp yield was 1.5C lower than compared to 5PC.

Last edited:

aikishi86

Reaction score
That carousell seller refunded me already :s13:

He claimed his carousell got people reported him, and was suspended. he just got back access yesterday. just received the money back to my account, gonna drop by SLS next few days to get the mobo and wait for my RMA-return from AMD to come in :s12::s12:

origamii

Reaction score

He claimed his carousell got people reported him, and was suspended. he just got back access yesterday. just received the money back to my account, gonna drop by SLS next few days to get the mobo and wait for my RMA-return from AMD to come in :s12::s12:

u can visit amazon.sg to grab mobo also

aikishi86

Reaction score
u can visit amazon.sg to grab mobo also

Yup, i'm going through amazon.sg, shopee, lazada etc. Seem like the mobo (Asrock B550 Steel Legend or the m version) I want, alot of places no stock. Amazon have to wait till sep then can get. Thought of calling tradepac tomorrow to check, if not i shall look for the alternative.

PS: Preferred Asrock because distro located quite near my place. I stay at the east side of singapore

origamii

Reaction score
Yup, i'm going through amazon.sg, shopee, lazada etc. Seem like the mobo (Asrock B550 Steel Legend or the m version) I want, alot of places no stock. Amazon have to wait till sep then can get. Thought of calling tradepac tomorrow to check, if not i shall look for the alternative.

PS: Preferred Asrock because distro located quite near my place. I stay at the east side of singapore

can consider getting asus mobo also

aikishi86

Reaction score
can consider getting asus mobo also

yup.... reading up on the alternative mobo now. Since Avertek is at Kallang, not too far for me too. But not considering gigabyte or msi as commonwealth (cdl) and amk (corbell) abit too far for me.

I just might use back the Asrock AB350 mobo though since I bringing down to TechDynamic to test out the B1 and B2 slots this coming thursday

origamii

Reaction score
yup.... reading up on the alternative mobo now. Since Avertek is at Kallang, not too far for me too. But not considering gigabyte or msi as commonwealth (cdl) and amk (corbell) abit too far for me.

I just might use back the Asrock AB350 mobo though since I bringing down to TechDynamic to test out the B1 and B2 slots this coming thursday

Asrock AB350 mobo ask distro update the bios

aikishi86

Reaction score
Asrock AB350 mobo ask distro update the bios

Actually, i already updated to the latest one available from ASRock website to use the 3700X as it was on a lower bios version. So see how, might just use back my ASRock AB350 Pro4 after i went down to distro to test out whether the B1 and B2 really faulty or not.

If should i decided to change the mobo, i preferred to get the ATX size ones. Worried about the clearance of the Noctua DH15; intended to use this fan and gonna avoid the stock fan already

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, i already updated to the latest one available from ASRock website to use the 3700X as it was on a lower bios version. So see how, might just use back my ASRock AB350 Pro4 after i went down to distro to test out whether the B1 and B2 really faulty or not.

If should i decided to change the mobo, i preferred to get the ATX size ones. Worried about the clearance of the Noctua DH15; intended to use this fan and gonna avoid the stock fan already

Noctua DH15 is an overkill.. :s22:

zxLvvv

Reaction score

Good that you get your money back! Out of curiosity, why did he decide to refund you? He doesn't have the 3700x he's selling is it?

aikishi86

Reaction score
Noctua DH15 is an overkill.. :s22:

Been using DH15 since my Intel Haswell rig but it was sitting 1 one corner since my first Ryzen 1600X setup As I had been using the stock cooler for both 1600X and 3700X. Recently just claimed the AM4 mounting bracket from Noctua. So thought of using it permanently.

aikishi86

Reaction score
Good that you get your money back! Out of curiosity, why did he decide to refund you? He doesn't have the 3700x he's selling is it?

He said that his supplier got no stock for ASRock B550 Steel Legend mobo and have to be back ordered for end Aug or Sept. So, he asked me want a full refund or partial refund, he will shipped the CPU to me immediately tomorrow if I chose the latter. I asked for full refund. Immediate paynow, no question asked.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He said that his supplier got no stock for ASRock B550 Steel Legend mobo and have to be back ordered for end Aug or Sept. So, he asked me want a full refund or partial refund, he will shipped the CPU to me immediately tomorrow if I chose the latter. I asked for full refund. Immediate paynow, no question asked.

Steady... So not scammed. Happy for you.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Can someone recommend an easy to work with ITX casing? Planning to get the B550 ITX boards available and build a small system for my spouse.

aikishi86

Reaction score
Steady... So not scammed. Happy for you.

Also, I had decided on the ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus motherboard. Since the price-range and features are similar to ASRock B550 Steel Legend. ASRock needs to backorder according to the few retailers whom I whatsapp and asked in SLS as even distro no stock currently.

And according to my SingPost tracking of my smartpac posting of the RMA CPU back to AMD, it's current delivery in progress. Anyone know, how long will AMD resend the CPU back to me assuming that they process it today?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.