The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

zxLvvv

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, but I do want a case to work with as well.

Seconded the above. The CM NR200 is a very good affordable mini ITX. It's not the smallest so it's relatively easy to build in and has plenty of airflow for your system. You can use stock cooler if you're not running a toasty cpu + one extra exhaust fan at the top. I have NCase M1 but if I could turn back time probably I'd wait and choose the cheaper NR200 instead. For the board, I recently bought ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX from Amazon SG for around $275. Quite a good deal I'd say.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Jonsbo itx cases no longer sell?
Was looking for U3-Window, to match with 4600G + B550i.

Can someone recommend an easy to work with ITX casing? Planning to get the B550 ITX boards available and build a small system for my spouse.

This one is quite modular, local stocks. =:p
https://www.lazada.sg/products/streacom-da2-i308302687-s557388467.html?

are you waiting for 4000 APU too?
dont know how this seller got hold of APU
https://sg.carousell.com/p/free-del...search_query=4700g&t-referrer_sort_by=popular

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest AMD Drivers HERE.

AMD Windows Chipset Driver Version 2.07.21.306 WHQL

FYI, i installed it and Hybrid sleep option in power saving plan went missing. Not that i use it though.

Last edited:

eting72

Reaction score

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest AMD Drivers HERE.

FYI, i installed it and Hybrid sleep option in power saving plan went missing. Not that i use it though.

Although station drivers have good reputation but I will wait to download drivers from AMD website in view of malwares these days.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although station drivers have good reputation but I will wait to download drivers from AMD website in view of malwares these days.

I noted of stationdrivers version, then cross checked on GB, GB has updated theirs as well. I downloaded the GB's version :)

Bishio

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like a520 mobos are coming and to be announced and launched tomorrow according to leaks

A520 would be a cheaper but decent budget board with 4 series apu I guess!

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I noted of stationdrivers version, then cross checked on GB, GB has updated theirs as well. I downloaded the GB's version :)

Thanks! Didn't know GB site have released those drivers as AMD site did not published them...

jasonwsc

Reaction score
Latest AMD Drivers HERE.

Many people, including me had problems with hybrid sleep on Windows 10 v2004, so maybe that's why they removed the option.

Basically sometimes the NVMe SSD can't be found after waking up from sleep, but turning off hybrid sleep seemed to fix the issue.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many people, including me had problems with hybrid sleep on Windows 10 v2004, so maybe that's why they removed the option.

Basically sometimes the NVMe SSD can't be found after waking up from sleep, but turning off hybrid sleep seemed to fix the issue.

Yea, valid point. I also did add in my sbz pcie card last night. Not sure if that messed up hybrid sleep and hence the system no longer picks up that option. It's a possibility unless someone else tests it.

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for an aftermarket cooler to replace the stock Wraith Stealth?

Previously, my idle temps for Ryzen 3600 was 40 degrees. Then I realized the BIOS autoset my RAM frequency to 2666Mhz even though my RAMs were 3200Mhz. After enabling XMP profile to use the correct frequency, gaming performance improved but now my idle temps shot up to 50 degrees! :s11:

I have a used fullly working Hyper 212X from my previous Ivy Bridge setup. But the AM4 upgrade kit to use it is no longer available in the local market.

I'm also limited by the size of my Tecware Nexus M case.

Would appreciate any advice from the experts here. Many thanks! :s12:

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score

the size of the nexus m isnt the problem, the case itself is. i also have this case and temperatures are pretty bad, primarily due to the very thin and restricted side intake. do consider other cases like the silverstone ps15.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for an aftermarket cooler to replace the stock Wraith Stealth?

Previously, my idle temps for Ryzen 3600 was 40 degrees. Then I realized the BIOS autoset my RAM frequency to 2666Mhz even though my RAMs were 3200Mhz. After enabling XMP profile to use the correct frequency, gaming performance improved but now my idle temps shot up to 50 degrees! :s11:

I have a used fullly working Hyper 212X from my previous Ivy Bridge setup. But the AM4 upgrade kit to use it is no longer available in the local market.

Try setting a more aggressive cpu fan curve in bios.
And use AMD's Ryzen Balanced power plan in windows, if you are not currently using it.

Last edited:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try enable AMD Cool n' Quiet in your bios. I think it's set to auto which is off by default.
And use AMD's Ryzen Balanced power plan in windows, if you are not currently using it.

cool and quiet is no longer an option for x570 chipsets. It was removed approx a year ago via AMD agesa code. This makes sense for zen2 since power management is well taken care off by the platform automatically.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing the increase is related to the effective IF difference between 1333 Vs 1600.

Assuming proper mounting is in place, using the Ryzen power plan is your best bet.

zxLvvv

Reaction score
noctua a12x25 pwm 12v finally restocked at newegg!

I mistakenly bought the 5V PWM version the other day :(

Anyone has any experience returning an item to Newegg? What's the cheapest shipping alternative? They quoted me $30 if ship with UPS..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.