Prism+ TV

Corny_Cow

Master Member
Reaction score
What’s the solution if I wan to stream videos from third party vendors like Viu, meWATCH, amazon prime etc?

1) does chromecast work?
2) does Apple TV work?

large.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s the solution if I wan to stream videos from third party vendors like Viu, meWATCH, amazon prime etc?

1) does chromecast work?
2) does Apple TV work?

Actually these days there are many value for money (cost wise) Smart TVs around, but personally I will still want to stick to Android OS, Samsung and LG TVs for their apps.

For example, apps like Apple Music and AirPlay are going to mainstream brands like Samsung, LG, Sony. Apps like MeWatch are available on Samsung and LG TVs. While Android TV does not support MeWatch, you can use Chromecast from the mobile app.

Prism TV prices are very enticing, but when I take the above points into consideration, it becomes at the bottom of my list.

To answer your questions: Technically Apple TV and Chromecast should work because they work as external HDMI input. Bear in mind through, not all apps support Chromecast.

Last edited:

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to figure out which Chinese or Taiwanese company is building these TVs?

Prism+ is one of Marcus Wee's companies. Aftershock gets it parts direct from OEMs so Prism+ probably does the same.

Corny_Cow

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually these days there are many value for money (cost wise) Smart TVs around, but personally I will still want to stick to Android OS, Samsung and LG TVs for their apps.

For example, apps like Apple Music and AirPlay are going to mainstream brands like Samsung, LG, Sony. Apps like MeWatch are available on Samsung and LG TVs. While Android TV does not support MeWatch, you can use Chromecast from the mobile app.

Prism TV prices are very enticing, but when I take the above points into consideration, it becomes at the bottom of my list.

To answer your questions: Technically Apple TV and Chromecast should work because they work as external HDMI input. Bear in mind through, not all apps support Chromecast.

thanks for your advice, appreciate it.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to figure out which Chinese or Taiwanese company is building these TVs?

Prism+ is one of Marcus Wee's companies. Aftershock gets it parts direct from OEMs so Prism+ probably does the same.

it's likely from some korea factory.

endrue

Reaction score
Didn’t try chromecast. I use Xiaomi Mibox and Apple TV. No issue at all. Just plug to the HDMI that’s all.

1) does chromecast work?
2) does Apple TV work?

Kukuza

Reaction score
The tv auto on at 4am just now made me can’t sleep sia haha . My TV in the room . Very creepy plus now Chinese 7th month haha . Come in to find out is a normal problem . I off the main power now instead haha just incase it auto on again .

martinst

Reaction score
Hi All,

prism E55 vs Xiaomi 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV Digital Ready Android TV
Both TG are similar, which one will be more recommended?

Forget the Xiaomi - my MI4 TV has a panel fault after 20 months. Out of warranty. No repair option by the distributor (Smart Tech). Basically need to throw out. Chinese garbage.

martinst

Reaction score
Xiaomi and tcl are even better for value since they have android tv and cost the same as e55

Forget the Xiaomi - my MI4 TV has a panel fault after 20 months. Out of warranty. No repair option by the distributor (Smart Tech). Basically need to throw out. Chinese garbage.

Forget TCL - they advertise 3 years warranty but the reality (check the fine print) is very different.
1 yr full warranty (Parts & Service), 2nd & 3rd yr service only. So you pay for parts and visit cost.

At least Prism, Samsung, Philips and LG provide full 3 year warranty.

If you don't mind littering up the environment with electronic garbage every couple of years then go pick your 1 year warranty china rubbish.

martinst

Reaction score
Xiaomi and tcl are even better for value since they have android tv and cost the same as e55

If you don't mind throwing it out after 12+ months when the warranty runs out...my MI4 TV has a panel fault after 20 months. Out of warranty. No repair option by the distributor (Smart Tech). Basically need to throw out. Chinese garbage.
TCL - 1 year warranty then labour only.

martinst

Reaction score
Wow didnt know that there is too many issue with Prism TV. Good to know i read this before buying it. Will go for Xiaomi TV instead

Don't go for Xiaomi - my MI4 TV has a panel fault after 20 months. Out of warranty. No repair option by the distributor (Smart Tech). Basically need to throw out. Chinese garbage.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind throwing it out after 12+ months when the warranty runs out...my MI4 TV has a panel fault after 20 months. Out of warranty. No repair option by the distributor (Smart Tech). Basically need to throw out. Chinese garbage.
TCL - 1 year warranty then labour only.

Tbf the likes of LG, Samsung all cost 2-3x more hence longer warranty. Some rather keep changing tv to keep up with tech anyway. So as long it cost the same per year or likely lower as others then no loss.

On environmental factor, tv waste is not a significant problem due to scale.

Last edited:

Gummyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
For those of you that bought Prism+ TV, can you all do the Chroma Sub Sampling test :

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

It is basically displaying this picture on the screen :

chroma-444.png

At original 100% size and then see whether can you read the last 2 lines legibly.

Do share your TV model and size also.

Can anyone kindly help to do a Chroma Subsampling test on Prism+ TVs?

Much thanks!

martinst

Reaction score
Tbf the likes of LG, Samsung all cost 2-3x more hence longer warranty. Some rather keep changing tv to keep up with tech anyway. So as long it cost the same per year or likely lower as others then no loss.

On environmental factor, tv waste is not a significant problem due to scale.

Global e-waste in 2020 originates 14% from TVs and Screens. That is significant: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51385344

From a monetary perspective you may be right if you compare the Chinese junk with the likes of Samsung, LG - they are 2-3 times more expensive. But they are also superior in technology and quality apart from standing by their product for at least 3 years. Prism is competing well on price and Philips is also just slightly more expensive, they also provide a full 3 year warranty.

Also consider that some people don't have the disposable income to purchase a new TV every 18-24 months, they certainly would not expect having to throw out the unit that they were just able to afford with no repair option.

And finally - consider if it is ethically acceptable and sustainable to conduct business this way in this age of time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.