The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still have for my F21, in advanced cpu options

is your master v1.1 or v1.2 now btw?

version 1.2. Anyway I will recheck. maybe i X-eye liaoz.

Oh have..... was looking at the wrong place. haha.

Last edited:

aikishi86

Reaction score
Somebody let got a 2nd hand 3800XT on carousell which i went ahead to fast hand fast leg to deal. 2 weeks old only at $450 :s13:

after dealing, went to SLS to get the motherboard and install everything already.

btw, is it norm for the average temp for 3800XT to be at 49 when idle? because i never had such "high temps" when using with nh-dh15 before. Stress test the CPU with heavyload running for 15min, temp never go past 75 though. I understand that since this is a 105W TDP CPU, so it's normal for temp to be higher than 65W

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Somebody let got a 2nd hand 3800XT on carousell which i went ahead to fast hand fast leg to deal. 2 weeks old only at $450 :s13:

after dealing, went to SLS to get the motherboard and install everything already.

btw, is it norm for the average temp for 3800XT to be at 49 when idle? because i never had such "high temps" when using with nh-dh15 before. Stress test the CPU with heavyload running for 15min, temp never go past 75 though. I understand that since this is a 105W TDP CPU, so it's normal for temp to be higher than 65W

Download the AMD chipset drivers for your board either X570 or B550. Then run the Ryzen Power Plan.

40s idle is common with Ryzen CPUs. Look at your load temps. If you're not going past 75 degrees on stress testing, it's actually considered very good for air-cooling.

aikishi86

Reaction score
Download the AMD chipset drivers for your board either X570 or B550. Then run the Ryzen Power Plan.

40s idle is common with Ryzen CPUs. Look at your load temps. If you're not going past 75 degrees on stress testing, it's actually considered very good for air-cooling.

Wa nice... min. temp with my room AC on is at 38degC, average is in 40s. i just ran heavyload for 10min, temp mainly stay at 68-69, highest i saw it went was 71. NH-DH15 is still good for this power hungry 105W TDP CPU :o

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa nice... min. temp with my room AC on is at 38degC, average is in 40s. i just ran heavyload for 10min, temp mainly stay at 68-69, highest i saw it went was 71. NH-DH15 is still good for this power hungry 105W TDP CPU :o

That's really good temps. Nothing to worry about. Notice most Intel users that jumped to AMD particularly encounters this issue with slightly higher idling temps but nothing to worry insofar as your load temps are well under control, which yours is.

origamii

Reaction score
What mobo did you got from sls?

aikishi86

Reaction score
What mobo did you got from sls?

I got the ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus. Didn't realised this is also an OOS item in many shops. Walked into Dynacore, Bizgram, Best Bargain. All says no stock at the moment. But somehow Tradepac managed to dig 1 piece out for me :s13:

Currently waiting for my RMA-Return 3700X, then gonna resell it. See if i could recoup the $400 paid previously for this 3700X or not :s13:

Last edited:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus. Didn't realised this is also an OOS item in many shops. Walked into Dynacore, Bizgram, Best Bargain. All says no stock at the moment. But somehow Tradepac managed to dig 1 piece out for me :s13:

Currently waiting for my RMA-Return 3700X, then gonna resell it. See if i could recoup the $400 paid previously for this 3700X or not :s13:

Tradepac always seems to have a secret stash somewhere.

d3fc0n

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh look what came today! :D
kfBHcpF.png

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been deliberating on OCing my memory, but to be honest, i'm not sure if i'm able to squeeze out anything from these modules. I have 4 of these, 8gb / 32GB total.

Any recommendations?

thumb_show.php

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been deliberating on OCing my memory, but to be honest, i'm not sure if i'm able to squeeze out anything from these modules. I have 4 of these, 8gb / 32GB total.

Any recommendations?

thumb_show.php

I would start from here to see how much you want to overclock your memory.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-...-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread.html

Memory overclocking is alot more complicated than CPU overclocking and takes a long while to determine stability. Even stress testing with memory apps may not be enough. You need to run games, play continuously without any crash before you can lock in your settings.

However, it is very rewarding once you get your settings stable. It improves your 0.1% lows in almost every game. FPS and Frametime is alot more stable too at least from my experience.

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any recommendations?

You are having Hynix CJR/DJR chips and these chips does not go very far. It depends if you are happy with the current performance and if < 10% performance do justice for your troubleshooting time if it fails.

If you have the time and like to try and error - Use the Ryzen calculator to get the safe and fast profile and go from there.

YMMV

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'll have a read of that forum link.

I dont game much, just OC for the sake of doing it. My rig is mainly used as a workstation for virtualization.

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are having Hynix CJR/DJR chips and these chips does not go very far. It depends if you are happy with the current performance and if < 10% performance do justice for your troubleshooting time if it fails.

If you have the time and like to try and error - Use the Ryzen calculator to get the safe and fast profile and go from there.

YMMV

I think its AJR chips, not C or D. I've had a go at the Ryzen Calculator and finding my way around.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Someone is selling Brand New Ryzen 9 3900X for S$540 in Carousell. If you want, better grab fast.

Looks like quite a good deal. Too bad I already have a 3700X.

Last edited:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any recommendations?

You should be able to OC somewhat. As to how much, you will only know when you try.

I nearly sold my 2X8GB DDR4-3200 T-Force Night Hawks BNIB as I was using Corsair Dominator Platinums. Just for fun, decided to see how fast they can go. Imagine my surprise when they were able to OC to DDR4-3800 Prime 95 stable. These have now replaced the Corsairs as my daily RAM though I did dial back to DDR4-3600.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I dont game much, just OC for the sake of doing it. My rig is mainly used as a workstation for virtualization.

Oh okay. Well, it if it just for benchmarks and you will revert back to stock settings of the RAM, then do not bother with stress testing. If you want to use the overclocked settings, I find Kahru very good to detect any errors from the memory while overclocked as it runs all cores/threads and stresses the memory controller as well.

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If your main use case is VM, then I would suggest that spend your time else where as stability is more important than how fast the RAM can go.

You need more RAM depends on your usecases than speed IMHO.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.