The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been deliberating on OCing my memory, but to be honest, i'm not sure if i'm able to squeeze out anything from these modules. I have 4 of these, 8gb / 32GB total.

Any recommendations?

You should be able to OC somewhat. As to how much, you will only know when you try.

I nearly sold my 2X8GB DDR4-3200 T-Force Night Hawks BNIB as I was using Corsair Dominator Platinums. Just for fun, decided to see how fast they can go. Imagine my surprise when they were able to OC to DDR4-3800 Prime 95 stable. These have now replaced the Corsairs as my daily RAM though I did dial back to DDR4-3600.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'll have a read of that forum link.

I dont game much, just OC for the sake of doing it. My rig is mainly used as a workstation for virtualization.

Oh okay. Well, it if it just for benchmarks and you will revert back to stock settings of the RAM, then do not bother with stress testing. If you want to use the overclocked settings, I find Kahru very good to detect any errors from the memory while overclocked as it runs all cores/threads and stresses the memory controller as well.

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'll have a read of that forum link.

I dont game much, just OC for the sake of doing it. My rig is mainly used as a workstation for virtualization.

If your main use case is VM, then I would suggest that spend your time else where as stability is more important than how fast the RAM can go.

You need more RAM depends on your usecases than speed IMHO.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think its AJR chips, not C or D. I've had a go at the Ryzen Calculator and finding my way around.

how much you end up with?

can try lower timings instead if cannot higher clocks

like 3200~3600 15-15-15-36-50-1T

aikishi86

Reaction score
Tradepac always seems to have a secret stash somewhere.

Yeah, Tradepac are generally ok. Just that you must be firm at what you want. Give them a list of items you want, if it cannot be found physically in their store at that point of time... they will try to psycho you say this brand is better. Just stay firm and insist you want this brand and model, they will call some guy and that guy will appear with the item in 5-10min :s13:

aikishi86

Reaction score
Someone is selling Brand New Ryzen 9 3900X for S$540 in Carousell. If you want, better grab fast.

Looks like quite a good deal. Too bad I already have a 3700X.

walao, should had waited 1 more day. Its really a better deal than my 2weeks old 3800XT at $450

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your main use case is VM, then I would suggest that spend your time else where as stability is more important than how fast the RAM can go.

You need more RAM depends on your usecases than speed IMHO.

yea i agree. I just wanted to play around with the RAMs to see if I can push it further.

how much you end up with?

can try lower timings instead if cannot higher clocks

like 3200~3600 15-15-15-36-50-1T

I havent tried this (yet).

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, don’t think I will do it anymore. Loss to me hahaha. I’m waiting for my RMA return from AMD and then resell the 3700X. Hopefully could recoup at least $420 😂

out of interests, how are you temps with the D15?

aikishi86

Reaction score
out of interests, how are you temps with the D15?

This is the idle temp of 3800XT running with DH15 with my room temp. Left it running for 15min while i took the shower.

2TDAtoE.jpg

aikishi86

Reaction score
my 3900x in a xbox sized case with 58mm low profile air cooler.. :o

bPvi9WY.png

I spent quite sometimes going through reddit just now, and of them recommending overclock and undervolt. seemed like it did bring down the temps quite alot. Gonna run cpu stress for awhile, to see if it's stable.

koC8C6H.jpg

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those temps look ok. Btw. How much did you undervolt ? I tried 0.05 yesterday, not much difference to temps though, and at the same time lost like 80 cinebench points

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.