The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

aikishi86

Reaction score
How long did it take? Was thinking of RMAing my 3600, since it's slightly unstable at XMP speeds like DDR4 3600. I need to downclock to 3200 to get it totally stable. Lowered voltages and still not helping much.

Probably not a motherboard or RAM problem, since I've already swapped them out.

I got the approval by AMD to send it to them on 12 Aug, i went to buy a smartpac from singpost and post it out on 14 Aug, 17 Aug received email that it had received, 19 Aug received another email that it had shipped out replacement. Received it yesterday evening. So the whole process takes around 2 weeks.

My replacement came from HK though based on the tracking

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got a 3900XT with x570 aorus elite. No OC, my idle temp ranges between 54-65deg.... yes pc idling but the temp (Coretemp) keep jumping. Hit 84 when playing Uncharted waters online (2tabs)

Is the temp too high? Using Cryorig H7 Plus with 2 fans push-pull.

hafiz116

Reaction score
Just got a 3900XT with x570 aorus elite. No OC, my idle temp ranges between 54-65deg.... yes pc idling but the temp (Coretemp) keep jumping. Hit 84 when playing Uncharted waters online (2tabs)

Sounds a bit too toasty to me when gaming although some people say its still ok under 90. Can you update your profile so we can understand what your currently running and maybe post a few pictures :s22:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sounds hot to me. My badly mounted DRP4 was getting high 40s to 50s idle with spikes anyway between +10-20C from that. It wasnt uncommon to see spikes to 60ishC.

I got rid of that, changed to a 360CLC and it lowered my idle temps by a good margin. Currently idling at 39.5-41.5C in a warm room with no circulation and a fan blowing. Windows are closed.

Ambient - typical Singaporean ambient!

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Sounds a bit too toasty to me when gaming although some people say its still ok under 90. Can you update your profile so we can understand what your currently running and maybe post a few pictures :s22:

sounds hot to me. My badly mounted DRP4 was getting high 40s to 50s idle with spikes anyway between +10-20C from that. It wasnt uncommon to see spikes to 60ishC.

I got rid of that, changed to a 360CLC and it lowered my idle temps by a good margin. Currently idling at 39.5-41.5C in a warm room with no circulation and a fan blowing. Windows are closed.

Ambient - typical Singaporean ambient!

Oh my specs:
3900XT + X570 Aorus Elite (Bios F20)
2 x 16gb 3600mhz Corsair LPX Vengence
MSI RX580
FD Define 7
Cryorig H7 Plus (Push-Pull)
Thermal Paste - MX4

Hmmm maybe i shld retighten the heatsink like as per Antiloop suggestion. Too long nvr install this kind of big heatsink (prev 1700 use stock).:s13:

hafiz116

Reaction score
Oh my specs:
3900XT + X570 Aorus Elite (Bios F20)
2 x 16gb 3600mhz Corsair LPX Vengence
MSI RX580
FD Define 7
Cryorig H7 Plus (Push-Pull)
Thermal Paste - MX4

Hmmm maybe i shld retighten the heatsink like as per Antiloop suggestion. Too long nvr install this kind of big heatsink (prev 1700 use stock).:s13:

This type of case does not have the greatest airflow so if it was me I would go with an AIO where I'm doing all I can to push the hot air out on the RAD!

From what I can see,.. to do air cooling the best kind of cases is the fully mesh front like the Lancool II to mount 3x intake fans on the front,..

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
This type of case does not have the greatest airflow so if it was me I would go with an AIO where I'm doing all I can to push the hot air out on the RAD!

From what I can see,.. to do air cooling the best kind of cases is the fully mesh front like the Lancool II to mount 3x intake fans on the front,..

Actually the airflow is quite good. 2 in 1 out. From inflow to outflow fans, only the H7 plus inbetween (no cables/other stuff blocking).

On hindsight, i should have paid another $50 for a 120/240 AIO....

hafiz116

Reaction score
Actually the airflow is quite good. 2 in 1 out. From inflow to outflow fans, only the H7 plus inbetween (no cables/other stuff blocking).

On hindsight, i should have paid another $50 for a 120/240 AIO....

So here are some things I've observed with my own builds,.. airflow generally is good when there is clear line of sight,.. as in the air travels in a straight line.

I have the O11D casing and even mounting fans on the side intake and the bottom to exhaust out the top (thats 6 intake and 3 out) I feel its a little too hot in the case.

In your example the air is being sucked in from the front sides and then out the back. If you look at something like the Lancool II the air is coming straight in and straight out the back. We live in high humid weather so what we see tends to be the extreme.

ctstalin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yay my u12a is here!
X9KWLEp.png

still havent get to buy my strix 2080ti 11gb OC. the price like wont drop.. maybe wait till BF..

I'm using the same cooler and I can't mount it using the provided AM4 spacer, had to use the AM3 one, can you see if you have the same issue when you are installing? :o

d3fc0n

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using the same cooler and I can't mount it using the provided AM4 spacer, had to use the AM3 one, can you see if you have the same issue when you are installing? :o

not so soon. at the rate im curating my parts. might go until xmas :s13:

aikishi86

Reaction score

Tried this last night, set all my settings to auto... use offset -0.05, cinebench got hit back by 200 points :s22:

I was able to get 4965 on multi core and 498 on single core. but with the above recommendation, I got only 4776 and 462. during the cinebench run, from hwinfo, i can see the cpu boosting up close to 46 but oh well.... :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.