Anyone has a maid at home?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It does get easier over time as your kids get older. They start taking care of themselves, they learn to put on their own clothes, button their shirts, they feed themselves, wash their own hands.

Maybe have a maid to do the household chores. We spend alot of time washing and folding. I've completely forgotten about ironing my own clothes. But don't outsource your parenting.

IMHO.
It is good to be able to spend $ to buy time. :D

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we have a helper from indonesia. Older than us in her 40s, she is a gem.

The extra pair of hand and eyes are handy when our two boys arrive and subsequently our girl. We are still very hands on parents , we wake up to feed them, bath them etc.

The helper take care of the cleaning, washing and cooking.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we have a helper from indonesia. Older than us in her 40s, she is a gem.

The extra pair of hand and eyes are handy when our two boys arrive and subsequently our girl. We are still very hands on parents , we wake up to feed them, bath them etc.

The helper take care of the cleaning, washing and cooking.

can ask if you are paying your helping above market rate?

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Invest in a dryer and save the hassle of hanging or ironing them. I bought it during my wife’s pregnancy and have been doing the cleaning since.

Dried clothes either hang or dump in a basket. I find the clothes I wear kept to those few, help me in a minimalist lifestyle.

xorionn

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know where to get local transfer indo helpers who alr in SG

ArLumber

Reaction score
We used wearecaring agency to find one recently but that was 2 months ago so not sure what numbers they have now.

donotdesign

Reaction score
been trying to find transfer helper now. but because of the COVID situation, they know that they are in demand. so they tend to be choosy with the household they want to work for and also demand a higher pay..

thisislife

Reaction score
been trying to find transfer helper now. but because of the COVID situation, they know that they are in demand. so they tend to be choosy with the household they want to work for and also demand a higher pay..

this seems debatable

because on the other hand, there are families letting go of their maid because of the same exact situation and as a result, these maids have no job and thus are a bit desperate

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
i gotten an experienced transfer maid who worked for more than 10 years, starting this friday. Her current employer going back to China. Interviewed with both agency, maid and the current employer and no issues with maid, she is hardworking etc

not cheap leh. the agency fee is still about $1450 etc and insurance i diy myself from Etiqa at $230+ for 2 years. Maid is from Philippines and salary.

I think DIY surely cheaper but since i am first timer, didnt bother to research on how to. but i can see alot of fb groups where Maids are asking to be employed and employers posting adverts.

whitesands

Reaction score
Can I know how you deal with your maids whom contracts you just renewed?
Coz' of the Covid19 situation, they have to delay or even cancel their home leave.
If the helper decide to forgo going back for home leave, do you give them the money meant for it?

Would like some opinions on this. Thanks!

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I know how you deal with your maids whom contracts you just renewed?
Coz' of the Covid19 situation, they have to delay or even cancel their home leave.
If the helper decide to forgo going back for home leave, do you give them the money meant for it?

Would like some opinions on this. Thanks!
Of cos......

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

My maid will not let me go lah

Uui1OzH.gif

:D

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
you got how many kid? 1 or 2?

now maybe 1 still okay, but if 2 then jialat liao
I am a pro-choice man. If spouse want 2, I am ok with 2. If spouse want 1, I am ok with 1.

If its 2 children, depend on the age gap.

Kids at 18 to 20mths, once they know how to walk, they should know how to help around the house by doing simple stuff like picking up clothes and putting it in the laundry basket and basic 'pick up own stuff' liao.

By 4yrs old, they should be already putting clothes in the laundry, twisting that knob and pressing the button and taking out fresh laundry from the machine and passing it to parents to clip up.

By 7yrs old, should at least know how to cook white rice in rice cooker or operate a simple Nespresso machine.

No, its not about 'training kids'. Its about how parents set a very clear, consistent and daily example for kids so that kids know the basics of housework and responsibility. Its not a "Maria, go wash bedsheet." or a "Yati, go cook dinner for Master."

HDB max size just 110sqm.

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i gotten an experienced transfer maid who worked for more than 10 years, starting this friday. Her current employer going back to China. Interviewed with both agency, maid and the current employer and no issues with maid, she is hardworking etc

not cheap leh. the agency fee is still about $1450 etc and insurance i diy myself from Etiqa at $230+ for 2 years. Maid is from Philippines and salary.

I think DIY surely cheaper but since i am first timer, didnt bother to research on how to. but i can see alot of fb groups where Maids are asking to be employed and employers posting adverts.

actually i think for transfer maid, you just need the handover letter from the previous employer, take employer SIP and apply WP can already.
The agency fee earn gao gao but you are lucky to also find a good transfer candidate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.