SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current ippt window is closing on 9 Dec 2020, already had it cleared on 18 Jan 2020. Yesterday, i received an sms as follows -

"Dear NSman, as your IPPT/RT window is affected by the current COVID-19 situation, you have been granted a one-time waiver of your annual IPPT/RT requirement. You will receive a letter by end Sep 20. Should you still wish to attempt the IPPT, you may do so before your IPPT window closes. Thank you."

To be clear, what does the one-time waiver actually mean?

If your window closes on or before Feb 7, 2021, and you can’t clear it, you don’t have to clear lor. But since you have already cleared, them this wouldn’t affect you.

ragegoh

Reaction score
I booked 10 sessions IPT in October.

All IPT sessions cancelled except the first session IPPT.

So now I am very confused. Should I still go clock the first session or not? :s11:

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So now I am very confused. Should I still go clock the first session or not?
:s11:

No need to go if ur window closing on or before 07.02.2021.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G973F

Rayleigh1

Reaction score

So now I am very confused. Should I still go clock the first session or not? :s11:

Same thing happened to me! Also considering whether to go down or not. Also thinking whether it's an error that the first session isn't cancelled.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me! Also considering whether to go down or not. Also thinking whether it's an error that the first session isn't cancelled.

It should be waived. Call them to confirm to get peace of mind..

ragegoh

Reaction score
it's closing in June 2021. But I not sure of the situation now. If i cant book sessions on time or no slots, then I'm GG next year.

Yorixz

Master Member
Reaction score
Only Ippt and IPT IPPT sessions are allowed from 1 Oct. RT and IPT are still banned.

ragegoh

Reaction score
That means they might be a possibility that we attend first session ipt and couldn’t book anymore sessions even when window is closing?

Only Ippt and IPT IPPT sessions are allowed from 1 Oct. RT and IPT are still banned.

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to book IPT IPPT?

They don't allow me to book IPPT in the IPT section.

I only can book in the IPPT section

Sent from . using GAGT

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In this case then those who need to attend IPT to fulfil their IPPT requirements might not have sufficient time to complete all 10 sessions especially those whose windows ended shortly after 7 Feb.

Seriously I think MINDEF should grant waiver to everyone as it is not that fair for those whose windows ended shortly after 7 Feb since most others would have their current windows waived due to COvid-19.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In this case then those who need to attend IPT to fulfil their IPPT requirements might not have sufficient time to complete all 10 sessions especially those whose windows ended shortly after 7 Feb.

Seriously I think MINDEF should grant waiver to everyone as it is not that fair for those whose windows ended shortly after 7 Feb since most others would have their current windows waived due to COvid-19.
Not yet grant doesn’t mean wouldn’t grant

wabbit92

Reaction score
How to book IPT IPPT?

They don't allow me to book IPPT in the IPT section.

I only can book in the IPPT section

Sent from . using GAGT

The whole IPT is blocked off. Only those that had existing IPT IPPT can still proceed as scheduled. But subsequent ippt are all cancelled

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The whole IPT is blocked off. Only those that had existing IPT IPPT can still proceed as scheduled. But subsequent ippt are all cancelled

Yup the exact same thing happening to me.

1st session IPT-IPPT in Oct not cancelled (booked in Aug I think)
My 8 other IPT in the park in Oct all cancelled.

Now wondering should I just go for that one session then see how it goes for the remaining 9 unbooked sessions.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to go if ur window closing on or before 07.02.2021.

My window closes March 2021 sia. Then have to chiong once IPT can be booked?
Hope there will be extended waiver, not fair sia. Then again since when NS is ever fair...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.