Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Noirkw

Reaction score
kUibq1G.jpg

These 2 pairs are from Jonathan Abel. I have purchased during the "buy one get one free" event.

Can anyone recommend me which Saphir colour to buy for both shoes. This will be the first time I shine my shoes. Purchase it for my wedding as my work do not require me to wear dress shoes.

Please recommend me, thank you!

Parisian brown for the left
Cognac/light brown for the right
That would probably work

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

SaltySmoothie

Reaction score
Are Ecco shoes worth the price?
Previously wearing hush puppies, rock port, Aldo, Pedro, doc martens.
Never tried Ecco

Ecco shoes are quite comfortable so if you're the type that prefers those soft, light and comfortable shoes then Ecco is the shoe for you.

In my opinion, in terms of style and aesthetics, i do not quite like the shape and curves of an Ecco shoe.

Also, in terms of designs and colors, they are quite limited.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Ecco shoes are quite comfortable so if you're the type that prefers those soft, light and comfortable shoes then Ecco is the shoe for you.

In my opinion, in terms of style and aesthetics, i do not quite like the shape and curves of an Ecco shoe.

Also, in terms of designs and colors, they are quite limited.

I bought a pair of Ecco at tangs last weekend. Had 10% sale and used my tangs rebates. In addition had 12% rebates for the purchase. Quite pleased with the shoes

Darknight55

Reaction score
These 2 pairs are from Jonathan Abel. I have purchased during the "buy one get one free" event.

Can anyone recommend me which Saphir colour to buy for both shoes. This will be the first time I shine my shoes. Purchase it for my wedding as my work do not require me to wear dress shoes.

If you like to add some burnished/aged look, then in addition to the matching colour Saphir, u can get some dark brown or navy or black, add a few layers on the toe tip and heels. :s22:

LWBelgN.jpg
- 2 layers of dark brown KIWI wax

z4ojHBx.jpg
- 2 layers of navy Saphir wax

luncheonmeat_sg

Reaction score
I actually found Jonathan Abel in Takashimaya men's department .. quite surprised to see it there .. can use taka vouchers to buy if anyone has it :)

Hungry kid

Reaction score
Have anybody recently tried ordering from pediwear website? Was wondering with the current situation, how long would their shipping take. Tried calling them but nobody seems to be picking up the phone. Saw some discounts going on their carmina and is looking to get a pair.

Dvoiddeckbench

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kUibq1G.jpg

Just to share an update.

4SH3bdO.jpg

xVa54pb.jpg

JyPdI2L.jpg

rMMdUmo.jpg

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one done Vibram topy at Mason & Smith? Any idea how much they charge?

I believe it comes at a premium compared to other respectable cobblers... by how much i m not sure.. and for your own assessment if worth the premium.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe it comes at a premium compared to other respectable cobblers... by how much i m not sure.. and for your own assessment if worth the premium.
They have free collection/delivery now so the premium is well worth it IMO.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Jay9999

Reaction score

Was quoted $55 a pair of front Vibram soles, price wise I feel is fair.

Most important they would be able to do a good job and the finishing would be neat, at least that is what I can see from the pictures.

Noirkw

Reaction score
tUvOqlUl.jpg

Grabbed the last pair of Conicen AM from Yeossal's Gmto years ago. Mason and Smith did a really good job bringing these back to life

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have pairs of black and brown leather formal shoes that I don’t wear very often, maybe once in a blue moon when there’s an event or wedding. It can go up to 3-6 months between wears.

Now, I know that if a shoe is worn often it should be cleaned and polished monthly, but what about shoes that I don’t wear so often? Other than keeping it in a dust bag with a shoe tree, how often should I apply lotion//brush/do any kind of care for it?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have pairs of black and brown leather formal shoes that I don’t wear very often, maybe once in a blue moon when there’s an event or wedding. It can go up to 3-6 months between wears.

Now, I know that if a shoe is worn often it should be cleaned and polished monthly, but what about shoes that I don’t wear so often? Other than keeping it in a dust bag with a shoe tree, how often should I apply lotion//brush/do any kind of care for it?
You need to use a dehumidifier like thirsty hippo to prevent mould from growing on the leather surface as well!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.