Prism+ TV

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Global e-waste in 2020 originates 14% from TVs and Screens. That is significant: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51385344

From a monetary perspective you may be right if you compare the Chinese junk with the likes of Samsung, LG - they are 2-3 times more expensive. But they are also superior in technology and quality apart from standing by their product for at least 3 years. Prism is competing well on price and Philips is also just slightly more expensive, they also provide a full 3 year warranty.

Also consider that some people don't have the disposable income to purchase a new TV every 18-24 months, they certainly would not expect having to throw out the unit that they were just able to afford with no repair option.

And finally - consider if it is ethically acceptable and sustainable to conduct business this way in this age of time.

Don’t have disposable income to replace tv every 18-24 months but can afford 2-3x upfront cost? How much is the Phillips compared to tcl and xiaomi?

Also, solution to e waste is not buy more expensive so can last longer. Tech moves and keeping something longer means you’ll be leaving out features. A better solution will be to push manufacturers to use more recyclable material and recycling program (trade in credits etc)

siaoliaolor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s the solution if I wan to stream videos from third party vendors like Viu, meWATCH, amazon prime etc?

1) does chromecast work?
2) does Apple TV work?

i use hdmi to plug in to TV
can feel it laggy compare to my 32 inch samsung

think its the refresh rate of Prism .

i going to refund back

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
buy liao..alot of white spot so call back led light v obvious at the top left right screen if watch a dark show...

18000rpm

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the current Prism TVs (specifically the E65) has the Plex app available?

I just need Netflix, YouTube, Plex, meWatch.

Thanks!

Last edited:

tonytham

Reaction score
Xiaomi Mi TV has no issues. And cheaper too.

https://shopee.sg/product/64472211/2667544540 I bought 55" at $496 before the mad rush. English Android TV. Minor issues: have to go through a long menu of steps to switch sound track on DVB (but how often do you watch Korean drama from MediaCorp?).

Built-in apps: Netflix, YouTube, PrimeVideo, Google Play.

boonkang

Reaction score
Hi All,

For knowledge/awareness purposes;

I'm just looking to understand what is the level of HDR capabilities -- if any -- we get from the Prism+ E65 TV.

(1) For the Prism+ E65 4K TV, does it support 4K HDR?

If yes, what variation(s) of HDR does Prism+ E65 TV supports? (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision etc.)

(2) For those using the Prism+ E65 4K TV's built-in Netflix app -- are you guys getting HDR playback when watching Netflix?

(3) In the specs on the Prism+ E65 TV Web page, the HDR item -- is stated as "Active HDR":
https://prismplus.sg/products/prism-e65

What does "Active HDR" mean, exactly?

From previous read up on HDR stuff -- the only "Active HDR" info I come across is that:
"Active HDR" is a way whereby (some) LG TVs "improves" on HDR10 video during playback -- to simulate HDR10+ quality.

Is the "Active HDR" listed on Prism+ E65 specs -- the same as LG's "Active HDR"?

(4) Is there any settings in the Prism+ E65 4K TV we need to set -- to activate/enable HDR?

(5) How to test whether 4K HDR is working on the Prism+ E65 TV?

* Download files from Web site https://4kmedia.org/ -- then copy to USB thumb drive & playback on TV to test?
* Or is there an easier way to test if 4K HDR works?

(6) There are some 4K HDR videos on Youtube. Can the Prism+ E65 TV playback these 4K HDR Youtube videos in HDR mode?

After selecting some known HDR videos using the Prism TV built-in Youtube app, I can't see any indication that playback is in HDR mode.

How to check HDR is enabled -- when watching 4K HDR videos using built-in Youtube app on the Prism+ E65 4K TV?

(7) The Prism+ E65 TV is basically a $1K TV:
https://prismplus.sg/products/prism-e65

Nowadays, with TVs getting cheaper & cheaper -- is $1K still too low a price point -- to be worth talking about HDR playback on the TV?

Appreciate any feedback/discussion on the above queries.

Thank you.

Last edited:

r3mz26

Reaction score
PRISM TV wifi connection problem

Hi. I just recently bought a Prism+ tv, but I'm having problem connecting it to wifi. Is there anyone here encounter the same problem? thanks

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my prism TV E55 got issue liao, can power on but no response, black screen. press any buttons also no response.........less than 3 months this TV........

boonkang

Reaction score
my prism TV E55 got issue liao, can power on but no response, black screen. press any buttons also no response.........less than 3 months this TV........

If it's any consolation -- the good news is you have 3yrs warranty for the Prism+ E55 TV.

Last edited:

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You got try the hardware buttons on the bottom right corner at the back?

ckkoh1

Reaction score
Is this too good to be true? So many good reviews and almost no bad reviews on facebook........:s11:

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EaMsO54.jpg

tv came today
e43
super bad backlight bleeding zzz

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.