[OFFICIAL] LG V50

znltan

Reaction score
Which gcam version is recommended to be used with LG V50? Any additional settings that needs to be done after installed?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from 瑞特斯波德 using GAGT

IAmLegend

Reaction score
VQrp916l.png

New update.

Sent from LGE LM-V500N using GAGT

znltan

Reaction score
VQrp916l.png

New update.

Please share feedbacks in a few weeks time after completion of the new update. Any effects or improvements noticed on smartphone battery life, HIFI Quad DAC etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Not much major improvements, according to the official site. Some minor QoL tweaks and some 5G support. Gonna check on the "default to 5G" setting later.

qZnLvEK.png

B7AQ7TI.png

waqtl8H.png

9tK5Qyi.png

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Take note though, when the phone resets, it will be stuck on the bootloader screen for quite a long time. I was staring at the U+ 5G bootup screen for quite a while. Don't do anything, it will bootup normally. Updates will still be finalising even after booting up. This update seems to take longer than usual.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Dial dial touch I believe is the dial phone number screen. The touch area really is wide, you can touch near the edge of the screen and it will register touch for the nearest number. Lol

The default 5G thingy I believe is this:

oFmuBlr.png

A522Ppx.png

Which is set to "5G preferred" as default. Maybe. I cannot confirm. Can someone test it by changing to "LTE preferred" then do the update? Coz I can't remember my previous settings.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the roaming network type preferred. Mine was still at "LTE preferred" (unchanged).

RBJDqpL.png

So not sure if there is another hidden setting that checks for 5G first or does it follow this selection by default without turning on 5G search.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
The DAC thing is just adding a volume number to the bar that shows when you change the volume.

VGv3eGJ.png

XYkuOcx.png

App wise for dual screen extended view, I don't use those three mentioned. The AR thingy I also don't use.

Overal, its a minor QoL update. Other than google security patch, there isn't any real performance update. The default 5G roaming thing should not affect battery life if you are not using roaming, whatever they mean by default anyway.

znltan

Reaction score
Thank you, Shdwfalcon, for sharing.

I have since updated the software.

Noticed that under Network mode, the options available for selection are 5G preferred and LTE preferred while under roaming network mode, in addition to 5G, LTE, it also have 3G preferred.

CX2L31il.png

2Mb6epGl.png

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you, Shdwfalcon, for sharing.

I have since updated the software.

Noticed that under Network mode, the options available for selection are 5G preferred and LTE preferred while under roaming network mode, in addition to 5G, LTE, it also have 3G preferred.

Yup. My post #710 screenshot has it too. Maybe it is for places where 4G network is still lacking or in infancy stage where you might have to travel to.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
New software update:

RouHQkX.png

FzLVPDP.png

b12ZUdM.png

L10Uh19.png

Nothing of importance, if you ask me.

Something to note is the security thingy "upgrade". Not sure what it means.

znltan

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing.

I will go check and update my set.

speedknight

Reaction score
Applied protectors on my V50 again, custom cut Hydrogel. Need to wait for a few days for the air bubbles to be gone...
122579833_10157988253689067_4698399462821802783_o.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.