Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

JetStorm

Reaction score
those whose balance more than 70k are ****ed. once withdraw to 70k become counter 6 and can get 0.31% nia. might as well jump to other higher interest avenues.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 PRO using GAGT

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The CSO told me when I enquired.

:s22:

No, she didn't. You misunderstood what she said.

$70k was the minimum amount you needed to maintain in the account to earn base interest; wef 1 Oct, this is no longer the case.

$15k is the the minimum TRB you need to maintain, to avoid being charged a monthly fall below fee.

yuzu28

Reaction score
those whose balance more than 70k are ****ed. once withdraw to 70k become counter 6 and can get 0.31% nia. might as well jump to other higher interest avenues.

Ya! I plan to keep zero in this account and then shift some amount over to unit trust just to maintain TRB. Perhaps it will increase interest again in future.

JetStorm

Reaction score
just close the account sua lah. make the funds work harder elsewhere

JetStorm

Reaction score
just go down the branch. do note that due to covid even branch opening are limited.

o2atom

Reaction score
How to close the account? The amount of interest from 1 oct is ridiculous.

I read somewhere in this thread that you can empty the account and send a Secured Email from Internet Banking to request Citibank to close the account.
There is no need to go down to the branch.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB FastSaver is better than Maxigain now. Plus you are free to withdraw any time without suffering a drop in interest rates.

CIMB Fastsaver's interest rate is tiered. It's only better if you have between SGD80k - SGD200k in the account; with any other amount, you would get less than 0.61% with FastSaver.

Seipher

Reaction score
How to close the account? The amount of interest from 1 oct is ridiculous.
Just closed mine recently. Sent initial request through secured mail no reply. Ended up their live chat is able to help me close the account.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB Fastsaver's interest rate is tiered. It's only better if you have between SGD80k - SGD200k in the account; with any other amount, you would get less than 0.61% with FastSaver.

Can try RHB High Yield and Sing Investment Gosaver, CIMB Fastsaver is good only if you give referral, but is still a very good account to have as you can put $0 for a couple of months also no prob, fuss free

o2atom

Reaction score
The difference is no longer much for up to 70k. Don't forget, for Maxigain, once your current month balance falls below previous month, your bonus interest will drop to either 0% or 0.3% (from 01-Oct).

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just close the account sua lah. make the funds work harder elsewhere

Move to Maybank fix deposit, 0.95% for 1 year.
This bank is basically asking customer to go away.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.