Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

green72

Reaction score
Hi... I need advise...

Like some of you that post here... Being con by loanshark or scammer to transfer money for loan insurance.... I also a victim on this...

Ever since I found out that they are loanshark... I told them that they can take my money and I don't want anything from them...
They keep calling me, asking me to take loan from them... They even threatened me that they will come find trouble to me... Like setting fire... Etc...

They even able to call my NOK... I don't know how they can get my NOK contacts...

What should I do....???

Stay calm, I know that is difficult.

First, make a police report. No need go to the police station. Can be done online with Singpass.

If you provided your Singpass to the scammers, please change password immediately.

Second, stop transferring money. Don't care what threats they say. Just stop. If you think giving them more money to stop the harassment, you are wrong. That action will make them harass you for more. Remember, they are criminals. Doesn't matter you paid in full + interest, they will give excuse to threaten you to pay more.

Thirdly, change both your bank account and your hp number. If changing hp not possible, then block all unknown calls or messages. Never ever reply back. We call it ghosting them. This is better than challenging them on the phone as others here suggest.

Close or put to private all your social media accounts. They will use that to defame you to shame to your friends and contacts.

Fourth, install CCTV asap. Go to your TC office get approval. Show police report for the application.

Fifth, inform your NOK you are being scam. Also your place of work. This is important as you need all the moral support from family and friends.

Finally, stay calm and be vigilant. No one is coming to your house to harm you, they may send runners just to scare you to pay. Since it happened to me for more than a year, no victim house was burnt or anyone hurt or killed. All threats are empty, believe me. Just a tactic to make you pay.

Never pay, seek help from police if they threaten or harass you. Any suspicious persons loitering outside your house, just call your NPC or 999, nevermind if it's a false alarm, you have the right to be safe.

GOOD LUCK.

Last edited:

Acmw23061973

Reaction score

First, make a police report. No need go to the police station. Can be done online with Singpass.

If you provided your Singpass to the scammers, please change password immediately.

Second, stop transferring money. Don't care what threats they say. Just stop. If you think giving them more money to stop the harassment, you are wrong. That action will make them harass you for more. Remember, they are criminals. Doesn't matter you paid in full + interest, they will give excuse to threaten you to pay more.

Thirdly, change both your bank account and your hp number. If changing hp not possible, then block all unknown calls or messages. Never ever reply back. We call it ghosting them. This is better than challenging them on the phone as others here suggest.

Close or put to private all your social media accounts. They will use that to defame you to shame to your friends and contacts.

Fourth, install CCTV asap. Go to your TC office get approval. Show police report for the application.

Fifth, inform your NOK you are being scam. Also your place of work. This is important as you need all the moral support from family and friends.

Finally, stay calm and be vigilant. No one is coming to your house to harm you, they may send runners just to scare you to pay. Since it happened to me for more than a year, no victim house was burnt or anyone hurt or killed. All threats are empty, believe me. Just a tactic to make you pay.

Never pay, seek help from police if they threaten or harass you. Any suspicious persons loitering outside your house, just call your NPC or 999, nevermind if it's a false alarm, you have the right to be safe.

GOOD LUCK.

Thanks for the advise.... Already done all suggestion except HP as contract not up yet...

Shoniah

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise.... Already done all suggestion except HP as contract not up yet...

I only installed cctv. They didnt dare to
Come anymore.

I didnt change my bank acc and also hp no. Why bcos of them change. They are the ones shld go to hell

Acmw23061973

Reaction score
I only installed cctv. They didnt dare to
Come anymore.

I didnt change my bank acc and also hp no. Why bcos of them change. They are the ones shld go to hell

Closed bank account for myself as I worried they out of nowhere put money inside and say you have borrow from them... This is my worries... So i closed account better

DoctorThor

Banned
Reaction score
Not everyone have the time to "have fun" with them.

You need to move on with your life. Ignore and block. It just take couple of seconds and you'll forget about it in the next 10 seconds.

Why bother with them? We got so many things to do and think to even bother to "play".

If you really bother to do something about it, better yet make a report to i-witness. That really helps this community and the society as a whole.

That is better than trying to "play" with them.

By answering their calls. U are.

1. Making them pay.
2. Taking up their time
So that they have lesser time to go harass others victims.

Just answer and mute lah. What's so difficult

Shoniah

Reaction score

1. Making them pay.
2. Taking up their time

If they are in overseas how they use sg number to call

Acmw23061973

Reaction score

GOOD LUCK.

Bro... I done all the necessary things as you mentioned...

They keep msging and calling me now... I very tired... I nvr reply... Must I blocked their calls... They keep changing number to call and watsapp...

Suitelife11

Reaction score
If they are in overseas how they use sg number to call

Pre-paid SIM Card. Easy to get due to black market transaction. Don’t know which idiots is the one that supply them these kind of things. Hope SPF can trace and arrest more of these idiots.

green72

Reaction score

1. Making them pay.
2. Taking up their time

By not answering, it will be over sooner as you have ghost them.

I/O will advise the same. You are also taking up your own time. No one knows if what is their next response.

By ghosting, in no way we are tucking our tails between our legs and run.

Main goal is to get back our lives isn't it? Why bother do all that?

Cut off their money supply hurt them most. It's ok if you want to pursue that, don't confuse new victims to play with the loanshark.

They are already confuse and fearful. Your suggestion is seriously not that helpful to the thread.

Thread title : Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it.

Everyone wants to end this episode the shortest time possible and not meddle with them already.

I get it, fun for you.

green72

Reaction score

They keep msging and calling me now... I very tired... I nvr reply... Must I blocked their calls... They keep changing number to call and watsapp...

Install an app "Call blocker by Vlad Lee" if on android. Allow only your call list to go through. The app will block every number not on list automatically.

For whatsapp, block and report. Whatsapp will suspend that number from using whatsapp. Best is to suspend your app for a week or two. Peace of mind.

They cannot have 1000 numbers to use anyway. Mine bombard me with a dozen different numbers until I block all.

Last edited:

Suitelife11

Reaction score

Just keep ignore their text for now. Others will say is a empty threat but I have to be honest with you. They will 100% definitely send runner to splash paint or lock gate to your unit de. But once they do, and u report to SPF about runner splashing paint, it will get less tedious. SPF cannot do anything about text harassment but they can start to do things and follow up when runner physically harass you. So just hope they can quickly send runner to your unit to splash paint (hope u finish install CCTV before that) and provide police the video. (Don’t challenge them to send runner of course) Soon, and I hope, will be over for both you and me.

green72

Reaction score
Pre-paid SIM Card. Easy to get due to black market transaction. Don’t know which idiots is the one that supply them these kind of things. Hope SPF can trace and arrest more of these idiots.

I have brought this up to my MP for consideration in Parliament. I understand those departing foreign labourer are being paid for their used simcards. Especially those who are not coming back soon or never. Easy for them to get a lot.

green72

Reaction score
Just keep ignore their text for now. Others will say is a empty threat but I have to be honest with you. They will 100% definitely send runner to splash paint or lock gate to your unit de. But once they do, and u report to SPF about runner splashing paint, it will get less tedious. SPF cannot do anything about text harassment but they can start to do things and follow up when runner physically harass you. So just hope they can quickly send runner to your unit to splash paint (hope u finish install CCTV before that) and provide police the video. (Don’t challenge them to send runner of course) Soon, and I hope, will be over for both you and me.

Empty threat means, they will not harm you bodily. No physical harm like ambush and whack you sort of thing. Confirm. Those are local ah longs back in 50s to 90s.

These are not even 1% Macau Snakehead Triad level.

Only splash paint, lock gate, paste debtor note, create ruckus outside house or send food delivery to your unit.

All these are harmless but of course scary.

Last edited:

Acmw23061973

Reaction score

Bro... Things is that I don't even take any loan from them... Why they will send runner???

Acmw23061973

Reaction score
Install an app "Call blocker by Vlad Lee" if on android. Allow only your call list to go through. The app will block every number not on list automatically.

For whatsapp, block and report. Whatsapp will suspend that number from using whatsapp. Best is to suspend your app for a week or two. Peace of mind.

They cannot have 1000 numbers to use anyway. Mine bombard me with a dozen different numbers until I block all.

Bro... Thing is that I don't even take loan from them... And I already told them I don't need anythings from them...

I also can't stay awake in night just to check whether they send runner...

green72

Reaction score
Bro... Thing is that I don't even take loan from them... And I already told them I don't need anythings from them...

I also can't stay awake in night just to check whether they send runner...

If you read back like 100 pages back, you are not alone.

All I can say is if CCTV is up, just try to get sleep.

Only way to end if you keep ghosting them. Just accept that they will send runner to do one of the things I mentioned.

If you happen to notice it, call SPF immediately. That action should be what you'll need to do. Don't hesitate.

The faster they send runner, the earlier your case will end. As long as you ghost them.

green72

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you don't take the loan. As long as they have gotten hold of your personal particulars, they will try to scare you to pay.

That's their objective, fleece money from you. Some victims received money from them and think by return that sum, case close. Sorry, it's not going to happening. If that the case, keep the money. Why return it?

I did that, keep money(after bank cannot revert and I/O say no issue) and ghost them.

Still alive and kicking...

Either way, the victims still be subjected to harassment.

Last edited:

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Bro... Things is that I don't even take any loan from them... Why they will send runner???

Those are loan scammer. Not those loan shark that really loan you money and charge high interest. Once they have all your information, they can do anything le. Can squeeze then keep squeezing money of course. Really. Just install CCTV asap and just wait for them to send runner so that SPF can follow up on your case.

Suitelife11

Reaction score
I have brought this up to my MP for consideration in Parliament. I understand those departing foreign labourer are being paid for their used simcards. Especially those who are not coming back soon or never. Easy for them to get a lot.

MP will not do anything about these problem nowadays. They now only concern about fighting COVID-19 and Cold War with political party that is not on their side. Only can trust SPF to do this kind of things.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.