iPhone 11/11 Pro

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
Okie i saw it... deeply fused. lol

Does this mean even if turn on the capture outside frame also have deep fusion..?
I tried enable n disable it, and took a photo of similiar place but cannot notice any difference between them..

Posted from PCWX using whatever you think of lar, and Why so Serious when quoting me.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
⁂JoKeR⁂;129627855 said:
Does this mean even if turn on the capture outside frame also have deep fusion..?
I tried enable n disable it, and took a photo of similiar place but cannot notice any difference between them..

Posted from PCWX using whatever you think of lar, and Why so Serious when quoting me.

If you enable capture outside frame you won't have deep fusion.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
mF7YAGJ.jpg

Left is COTF OFF, Deep Fusion ON.
Right is COTF ON, Deep Fusion OFF.

Can you tell the diff???

:)

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
mF7YAGJ.jpg

Can you tell the diff???
Notice left side, the grey background seems more grey..?

Other then that if based on our naked eyes, not much of a difference..

While right side, the logo seems abit more bright.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
mF7YAGJ.jpg

Can you tell the diff???

Left side photos everything more “darker” but words are clearer

Right side photo feels more “blurry” feeling like a layer of oil or something.

Oh one more thing in iOS 14 they removed the “Capture outside the frame”toggle and have a new toggle called view outside the frame which simplify when deep fusion will enable.

Not that alot of people are on iOS 14 beta here but it was confusing for me when I couldn’t find that option.

Last edited:

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks all, so for best quality of picture, best to turn it off.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Deep fusion does what deep fusion suppose to do, more details are captured. But like what petpet and many had said, you need pixel peep to know. Uploading here and there degrade the photos. But if you see straight from ur phone or to a good display monitor, you can tell a diff, only when you have both side by side.

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
Deep fusion does what deep fusion suppose to do, more details are captured. But like what petpet and many had said, you need pixel peep to know. Uploading here and there degrade the photos. But if you see straight from ur phone or to a good display monitor, you can tell a diff, only when you have both side by side.

Thanks for the lessons :s12:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is not true that disabling Photos Capture Outside the Frame will disable deep fusion. Deep fusion will trigger in specific lighting condition where it is slightly brighter before it needs nightmode.

You can (kinda) tell the photo was taken using Deep Fusion when you first swipe to the picture bc there’s this brief second where you can see the photo taken without it.

Soon to come iOS 14 that toggle will not be present anymore and only giving a new option to disable camera view outside of frame under composition which also has camera grid

Pet pet is right, will not have deep fusion.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.