Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

green72

Reaction score
MP will not do anything about these problem nowadays. They now only concern about fighting COVID-19 and Cold War with political party that is not on their side. Only can trust SPF to do this kind of things.

This was way before COVID-19. It just an effort. Nevermind if nothing materialise. Trying to help the society in general.

Mine was confirm loanshark not scam. I've been following this thread since my own case settled.

Level and method of harassment almost same intensity.

I can understand how nerve wrecking it is. Was suicidal then but now find it was stupid to end life for those lowly scum of the earth when ghosting them was the only way.

PS: I could have happily move away from this thread and enjoy life. I'm just paying it forward since others have help me before.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
MP will not do anything about these problem nowadays. They now only concern about fighting COVID-19 and Cold War with political party that is not on their side. Only can trust SPF to do this kind of things.

Think of it, I believe there was some changes like now local numbers doesn't show +65 (so any +65 numbers shld be spoofed overseas numbers) and the recent announcement of a new SPF scam unit that have powers to freeze or check bank accounts within days.

Sometimes under duress, we might be impatient for an outcome. But patience is a must.

I'm not saying because of me but they do acknowledge and responded to this problem. Of course more can be done. Especially local telcos need to do something to the spam adverts.

Last edited:

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Think of it, I believe there was some changes like now local numbers doesn't show +65 (so any +65 numbers shld be spoofed overseas numbers) and the recent announcement of a new SPF scam unit that have powers to freeze or check bank accounts within days.

Sometimes under duress, we might be impatient for an outcome. But patience is a must.

I'm not saying because of me but they do acknowledge and responded to this problem. Of course more can be done. Especially local telcos need to do something to the spam adverts.

I only hope that next in the future parliament will announced that for loan shark runner, doesn’t matter if is physical runner or assist bank transfer runner, once caught and arrest will sentence to death sentence. It really definitely impact on loan shark or scammer operation very greatly.

Acmw23061973

Reaction score
Install an app "Call blocker by Vlad Lee" if on android. Allow only your call list to go through. The app will block every number not on list automatically.

For whatsapp, block and report. Whatsapp will suspend that number from using whatsapp. Best is to suspend your app for a week or two. Peace of mind.

They cannot have 1000 numbers to use anyway. Mine bombard me with a dozen different numbers until I block all.

How to use it?? I downloaded already... But don't understand how it work

Acmw23061973

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you don't take the loan. As long as they have gotten hold of your personal particulars, they will try to scare you to pay.

That's their objective, fleece money from you. Some victims received money from them and think by return that sum, case close. Sorry, it's not going to happening. If that the case, keep the money. Why return it?

I did that, keep money(after bank cannot revert and I/O say no issue) and ghost them.

Still alive and kicking...

Either way, the victims still be subjected to harassment.

You keep the money??? Wow... You daring... They nvr ask you for it back??

Acmw23061973

Reaction score
I only hope that next in the future parliament will announced that for loan shark runner, doesn’t matter if is physical runner or assist bank transfer runner, once caught and arrest will sentence to death sentence. It really definitely impact on loan shark or scammer operation very greatly.

Death.. No lah... Just freeze all asset... And donate to the charity

Shoniah

Reaction score
I have brought this up to my MP for consideration in Parliament. I understand those departing foreign labourer are being paid for their used simcards. Especially those who are not coming back soon or never. Easy for them to get a lot.

I thought SPF arrested those recently who sold
Sim cards to scammers

Shoniah

Reaction score
Empty threat means, they will not harm you bodily. No physical harm like ambush and whack you sort of thing. Confirm. Those are local ah longs back in 50s to 90s.

These are not even 1% Macau Snakehead Triad level.

Only splash paint, lock gate, paste debtor note, create ruckus outside house or send food delivery to your unit.

All these are harmless but of course scary.

Wah send food deliver was during **. Read alot of news about it.

They only locked my gate and pasted debtor note in aug.

Shoniah

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you don't take the loan. As long as they have gotten hold of your personal particulars, they will try to scare you to pay.

That's their objective, fleece money from you. Some victims received money from them and think by return that sum, case close. Sorry, it's not going to happening. If that the case, keep the money. Why return it?

I did that, keep money(after bank cannot revert and I/O say no issue) and ghost them.

The money ( the last one which the scammer tf me and the police said dont ever tf back ) i spent finish alr and of course used some of it to buy cctv

Shoniah

Reaction score
Do not pay, it will go into another victim account and your account could become implicated.

Do not fear them, just ignore until they give up.

The last one before i reported to police. The scammer so dumb, he gave me a closed account to transfer and luckily it got
Bounced back. He so scared of his boss ( mastermind i guess ) that he kept calling me. Police said dont transfer back

Acmw23061973

Reaction score

Did they send runners or lock your gate ???

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Did they send runners or lock your gate ???

Doesn’t matter if you got take their money or not, if you don’t want them to send runner for the moment you can keep paying them. But once you decided to stop paying them, they will harass you more and eventually send runner. So, might as well stop paying them and hope they send runner faster ya. At least can get SPF to get and follow up on your scammer case.

Shoniah

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if you got take their money or not, if you don’t want them to send runner for the moment you can keep paying them. But once you decided to stop paying them, they will harass you more and eventually send runner. So, might as well stop paying them and hope they send runner faster ya. At least can get SPF to get and follow up on your scammer case.
Everyday there are UML pretending to be LML on fb scamming people and telling them to whatsapp

makiiko

Reaction score
Bro... Thing is that I don't even take loan from them... And I already told them I don't need anythings from them...

I also can't stay awake in night just to check whether they send runner...

You are not alone. I got it 2-3weeks ago. If they keep call u. Either u block or scold them. I believe once they know you are not scare, they wont bother to disturb you anymore. Rmb to update ur IO if u sense or see anything wrong. Mine so far got scolded by me a few times, they stop calling me alrdy.

Suitelife11

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/113846557005132/posts/162836938772760/?extid=GP0LjagLM1PyiLpL&d=n

Read the comments LOL english cmi pls

If loan shark still can doing advertisement ? Joke of the day. If only I have a pre-paid cards I will definitely fool them de. HAHAHA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.