View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
Chao_Ah_Tiong
Supremacy Member

Then MAJ Raymond Tan Sei Meng was my unit's S3 (operations officer) way back during my NSF days in 2005. (Can't say the unit's name but it was a reservist armour brigade) and he was technically the acting unit commander as the actual commander was a reservist and he was the highest ranking active personnel in the unit.

I don't really know well about him as he was posted out elsewhere shortly after I was posted to that unit and I was not from the S3 branch so I did not work directly under him and yes he was a heavy smoker back then as I saw him smoking in the smoking point very often. And according to my campmates who have worked under him before that he was quite a nice guy.

He was posted to CTTC or ABGTC (the armour reservist training centre) as commander somewhere in 2007-2008. I saw his name on the past/present commander plague in ABGTC Sungei Gedong Camp during reservist.

I don't really have much story to share except that I have heard from my unit mates that he was not one who will pull his rank unlike some officers/warrant officers. And coincidentally his assistant in the unit - the operations warrant also passed away prematurely somewhere shortly after the demise of LTC Raymond Tan.

Last edited by Chao_Ah_Tiong; 16-09-2020 at 03:06 PM..
Chao_Ah_Tiong is offline   Reply With Quote