Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Bro u know the drill. U want meat u go Brazil churrasco style buffet the best. Oscars is for variety.

Anyway, which jap buffet did u all replace sankai with? If possible similar price point. I miss their unagi sushi...

eataway

Reaction score
is the meat cold ?? i only care about meat.

some were cold, like the coffee glazed pork ribs, that one damn jialat. but the roast beef ribeye, was easily the best dish I had that night, i reckon u order 4 portions (2 thick slice per portion) your entire meal breakeven already..

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sure! will definitely feedback here when i go. im excited to try the fried egg with tauhu.

anyway guys, i SIC another buffet here.
pZGA7sYl.jpg

haha :(

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 8 PRO using GAGT

2018 post? :eek:

micgoh

Reaction score
Bro u know the drill. U want meat u go Brazil churrasco style buffet the best. Oscars is for variety.

Anyway, which jap buffet did u all replace sankai with? If possible similar price point. I miss their unagi sushi...

Lucky I saw the Brazil C you recommending. Almost going to Carnivore since people told me good good but I never see anyone here recommending it hahaha

Anyway my neighbour gave me a bag of Australian lamb shank. My family don't eat lamb. So whoever wants it to cook it, can pm me. Please ah, it's raw lamb shank. Not some cooked delicious lamb shank hor. Take only if you know how to cook

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky I saw the Brazil C you recommending. Almost going to Carnivore since people told me good good but I never see anyone here recommending it hahaha

Anyway my neighbour gave me a bag of Australian lamb shank. My family don't eat lamb. So whoever wants it to cook it, can pm me. Please ah, it's raw lamb shank. Not some cooked delicious lamb shank hor. Take only if you know how to cook

Brazilian C is the best among them; but pricey

They have some anniversary promo now - 5 dine, 1 free if I remember correctly

Lamb shank - how big? I used to braise it in red wine etc

If nobody wants, I don't mind :D

micgoh

Reaction score
Brazilian C is the best among them; but pricey

They have some anniversary promo now - 5 dine, 1 free if I remember correctly

Lamb shank - how big? I used to braise it in red wine etc

If nobody wants, I don't mind :D

I have never been to Brazil C. Saw the reviews. Looks good. But what do you like over there?

One fast hand and leg bro drove to my place early this morning to pickup the entire bag of lamb shank.

The thing is I don't know how to get rid of the smell.

I'm now cooking new York strip these days and learning tackling hangar steak. Especially hangar is more unforgiving.

Pre covid I manage to order a MS7 - grade stack of steaks. Went home prepare with just good salt and pepper. The fat itself drizzle down and that meal was a bomb.

But lamb - I can never do a good job

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Brazil Churrasco for the meat at least should be the same. Not sure how their salad bar works now.

For what I like, garlic beef, sausage, their home-made ham, bbq pineapple and finally picanha.

Never like lamb so no comment. Steaks are iffy locally as even the cheap cuts are super expensive. Best way to cook em is of course, sous vide.

techizen2

Reaction score
But lamb - I can never do a good job

Me too. Can only do simple lamb chops at home. So to get my fix, I head out to Le fusion for their fabulous medium done lamb rack with 1 for 1 promo. Pity it's not buffet.

Best lamb rack buffet is at Bangkok's Dusit Thani

micgoh

Reaction score
Me too. Can only do simple lamb chops at home. So to get my fix, I head out to Le fusion for their fabulous medium done lamb rack with 1 for 1 promo. Pity it's not buffet.

Best lamb rack buffet is at Bangkok's Dusit Thani

Thanks for the info, hopefully when covid ends can go Bangkok and try.

I was at Vegas few years back on business. Gordon's steakhouse is one of the more upmarket one. Lucky is on company card. Otherwise big hole. Tried fillet mignon and tomahawk. Quite an experience.

In Singapore. I normally head down to Wolfgang steakhouse for the meat, otherwise weekend would be with family at skai for elevated but simple dinner.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is triple 3 really that good? Why so many people raves about it

Errr, i wun rave abt it, but they do have some good stuff which makes me go back on n off.

Their sashimi not bad, they also have swordfish sashimi which i like.

The wagyu served during their wagyu nights also pretty good, plus you get to enjoy it in various ways like roasted, teppanyaki and shabu. Previously even got wagyu sashimi :D

Their seafood also decent, whether its the crab legs or crabs.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Their Oysters are legit good though. My main gripe with Triple 3 is that for it's price, I find it's spread to be quite small.

micgoh

Reaction score
Just called triple 3. Made a lunch for Nov. They said 1 for 1 only for lunch. Dinner not applicable. Dinnd promo is 2nd diner dine 50% off.

Anyway is it worth to pay $118++(Sun) over 88++(sat) for some additional seafood like oysters, lobster mantaiyi and the lobster claw?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just called triple 3. Made a lunch for Nov. They said 1 for 1 only for lunch. Dinner not applicable. Dinnd promo is 2nd diner dine 50% off.

Anyway is it worth to pay $118++(Sun) over 88++(sat) for some additional seafood like oysters, lobster mantaiyi and the lobster claw?

Dinner Buffet
Be blown away by everyday specials in our delectable international buffet spread! Click here to find out more and here to view our menus.

Daily: $118++ per adult; $48++ per child (6–12 yrs)
Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner* for adults when payment is made using a DBS/POSB credit or debit card, and 50% off second adult diner when payment is made using a UOB credit or debit card.

*Offer is only valid for the first 30 guests per day starting 1 October 2020. Subsequent diners will be accord 50% off second adult diner.

http://www.meritushotels.com/en/mandarin-orchard-singapore/dining/triple-three.html

micgoh

Reaction score
In other words to enjoy dinner 1 for 1, i need to be the first 30 guests correct?

Dinner Buffet
Be blown away by everyday specials in our delectable international buffet spread! Click here to find out more and here to view our menus.

Daily: $118++ per adult; $48++ per child (6–12 yrs)
Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner* for adults when payment is made using a DBS/POSB credit or debit card, and 50% off second adult diner when payment is made using a UOB credit or debit card.

*Offer is only valid for the first 30 guests per day starting 1 October 2020. Subsequent diners will be accord 50% off second adult diner.

http://www.meritushotels.com/en/mandarin-orchard-singapore/dining/triple-three.html

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In other words to enjoy dinner 1 for 1, i need to be the first 30 guests correct?

Yea, the first 30 to make reservation.

Personally, i dun think the sat lunch is worth it. I will pay the extra $30++ (ard $18 nett w 50% off?) for dinner or sunday brunch which comes the special themed items like 4grass, wagyu or lobster, plus oysters etc. The lobster is grilled lobster w torched mentaiko sauce. Pretty good. Although, i am hardcore carnivore so wagyu > lobster :D

3000kmh

Reaction score
To hijack what's shared, may I check with the seniors here, for First 30 per day for triple three, does that means we have to call on the day itself or I can make reservations in advance?

Are there any other good recommendation for 1 for 1 buffet? Saw rise, etc having credit card promotion too.

Pls share as I hardly had buffets. Thinking of giving my family a treat. They love seafood.

The last buffet I had was @ the edge. They had the 1 for 1 lunch. Went almost every week

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To hijack what's shared, may I check with the seniors here, for First 30 per day for triple three, does that means we have to call on the day itself or I can make reservations in advance?

Are there any other good recommendation for 1 for 1 buffet? Saw rise, etc having credit card promotion too.

Pls share as I hardly had buffets. Thinking of giving my family a treat. They love seafood.

In advance.

Afaik, Rise SC promo is fully booked. Their lunch not much seafood too, just basic stuff like snow crab legs, mussels, clams n prawns. They have a seafood night but i'm not sure what seafood they have.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.