LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

petetherock

Reaction score
worse case take the stairs LOL.

Check the T&C of delivery. Some will charge per floor, and if they take it out of the box for the delivery, make sure any damage is covered.
Once they open it, the responsibility may be on your side. Check please.
It took a lot of effort to carry my 75" up some stairs and navigate around corners.
Without the box it becomes pretty precarious..

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't have much time to play around as my son is having tuition at home.

Some quick impressions.
Despite being mentally prepared of the size change but still cannot help but be awed by the difference from my previous TV.

The viewing angle is not bad too as it is still quite clear when viewing from off centre.

Before

After

Basically everything is bigger and clearer..

The soundbar was also very decent playing back shows and movies.. havent tested the musical part yet. The sub is placed beside where i'm sitting at the back.

BTW some querise,
the guy highly recommend me to use Optical instead of ARC.. i dont have a bluray player now so will probably stick with Optical cable for now.

Other pictures to share;

mGFV89p.jpg

ZjGo4Mc.jpg

TRynbAK.jpg

8O2PohG.jpg

Last edited:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my son watching his sermon..

The blacks look good after drawing the curtains. From the picture not easy to tell i guess.

uUIFLTu.jpg

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some quick impressions.
Despite being mentally prepared of the size change but still cannot help but be awed by the difference from my previous TV.

The viewing angle is not bad too as it is still quite clear when viewing from off centre.

Before

After

The soundbar was also very decent playing back shows and movies.. havent tested the musical part yet. The sub is placed beside where i'm sitting at the back.

BTW some querise,
the guy highly recommend me to use Optical instead of ARC.. i dont have a bluray player now so will probably stick with Optical cable for now.

Other pictures to share;

mGFV89p.jpg

ZjGo4Mc.jpg

TRynbAK.jpg

8O2PohG.jpg

cool bro. congrats once again

petetherock

Reaction score
HDMI will give you lossless sound but whether that makes a difference will depend a lot on your source and the speakers..
The tv seems a tad high but it’s looking sweet
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-ideal-height-to-mount-your-tv-and.html?m=1
Good VFM

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cool bro. congrats once again
Thanks... u getting yours soon ?

HDMI will give you lossless sound but whether that makes a difference will depend a lot on your source and the speakers..
The tv seems a tad high but it’s looking sweet
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-ideal-height-to-mount-your-tv-and.html?m=1
Good VFM

indeed based on the article it's slightly higher than recommended. i just tell the guy to install based on his best experience since he has installed a lot of big TV this year LOL...

Also i'm sitting about 4m away from the TV and even so it looks huge.
f4JRa2M.jpg

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score

indeed based on the article it's slightly higher than recommended. i just tell the guy to install based on his best experience since he has installed a lot of big TV this year LOL...

Err, the installer did the WAF thing, made it central to the cavity, but not at your eye level...
Most home owners try to make it look nice when they are Standing Up...

petetherock

Reaction score
f4JRa2M.jpg

4m? Too far... try 3m for optimal 4k viewing, or you lose the benefits of the size..
Your pic clearly shows that the centre of the screen is way above your eye level..

weeza77

Reaction score

Some quick impressions.

Before

After

BTW some querise,

Other pictures to share;

mGFV89p.jpg

ZjGo4Mc.jpg

TRynbAK.jpg

8O2PohG.jpg

Was the TV box able to fit inside the lift?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4m? Too far... try 3m for optimal 4k viewing, or you lose the benefits of the size..
Your pic clearly shows that the centre of the screen is way above your eye level..

Thanks.. i think it's the angle.. my son was the one sitting there...
i'm thinking to move the Sofa forward and put 2 surround behind... but hard to pass the WAF part though :s13:

Was the TV box able to fit inside the lift?

yup i'm sure it could.. after that they still help me throw away the box

CtkdE9t.jpg

Last edited:

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

f4JRa2M.jpg
mine viewing distance is 2.5m. can?
tv will come next week.
did they optimise the mode of viewing for the TV. like adjust back-light color contrast etc

Last edited:

xd3vilx

Master Member
Reaction score
PM you liao.. anyway they didnt say i cant share the price so here it goes
i got it for $3,399 (by credit card). I guess the best part is this agent manage to find me stock while the rest must wait till mid/end Oct.

Hi bro, can I have ur contact for the $3399 price? Thanks!

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine viewing distance is 2.5m. can?
tv will come next week.
did they optimise the mode of viewing for the TV. like adjust back-light color contrast etc

imho, if the content is 4K... sitting near is ok but like what Pete said, you dont want to move your head around too much just to see the content.

Watching SDR content like Chnl 8 on this TV is very painful :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.