Prism+ TV

tonytham

Reaction score
Does it come with any browser ?

You could try installing one from the Play Store, but it would be very difficult to use with a remote that has only 0-9 and cursor keys.

It would be easier if you browse on your phone and just cast it to the TV. The TV comes with a built-in Chromecast.

Wanda_q

Reaction score
You could try installing one from the Play Store, but it would be very difficult to use with a remote that has only 0-9 and cursor keys.

It would be easier if you browse on your phone and just cast it to the TV. The TV comes with a built-in Chromecast.
Can we install a keyboard as well? 😂

dr34mc4st3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got problems connecting a soundbar via HDMI Arc to their prism e55 tv? Knn my Denon soundbar keeps dropping every half to one hour. Don't know is TV or soundbar issue

Last edited:

LM Tan

Reaction score
My Bad Experience with Prism Monitor

I bought a PRISM+ monitor in early September, as my current one at home is beginning to show defects on the screen after using for many years.

The PRISM monitor was delivered within a few days. I started to use it once it was delivered to me at home.

As I was waiting for my PC to arrive from overseas, I tested it with my TV Box, but it kept flickering. I can on the TV Box for 60 minutes, and 50 minutes, it is flickering. I tried to connect my TV Box with my old existing monitor, and it works fine, without any flickering issues. I also noticed that whenever I switch on and off my fan, the monitor flickers.

I contacted the customer service of the new monitor, and there's a lot of ding donging throughout.

But I thought that it's best for me to do all the trouble-shooting first before I "present" my case to them again.

I thought it might be a TV Box issue, so I bought a new TV Box, and the same scenarios persist, which means that it works fine on my old existing one, but not the new monitor.

Then I thought it might be an internet issue, so I switched my telco, but the issue persists.

In the meantime, the company changed to a new monitor for me, but the situation persists as well.

I waited for another few weeks. I was like thinking if the monitor works for my new PC, then I am fine, I don't need it connected to my TV Box. When my new PC arrived, I tested it, on both my monitors, the old monitor works well, but not the new monitor, it keeps indicating that there's no input.

I contacted the customer service to tell them of this issue. They arranged for me to test the new monitor at the showroom. They collected it from my place, and I travelled to their showroom.

It was not simply ok at the showroom, as there were some minor hiccups there as well, but I can forego those minor stuff, if generally it can work. In the end, it looks okay on the whole.

So I travelled back home to test the new monitor again, still the same issue arises.

Six weeks had passed, and I still can't use my new monitor, while my existing monitor is deteriorating. I seriously thought of getting a new monitor form another brand, but what about this current one that can't work at all?

I have also tested it at my kitchen, but it just doesn't work

I have contacted the company again, and they told me to test it at another location as they can't refund me. I told them, put it this way, if it works in another location, but it can't work in my home, I still can't use it. Do I have to move house just to use this monitor? I have proven to them my other monitor works, and I can't possibly know that it doesn't work at my place!!

And my personal conversation with the technician at the showroom, he also hinted to me that the quality is bad, and they make it up with cheaper pricing. I don't mind lower quality, but at least make it work!!

Bardiel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro... u got a monitor or a tv ah ?

judging from his post it is a monitor, he spam till facebook singapore complaint group.

i loled at the part where he mention he on off fan monitor also flicker.

didnt know now buy electronic must also include electrician service :s13:

TZR125FF

Reaction score
Quite angry....
But after reading, which issue he face and which issue he resolve?
Better avoid anyway haha

xbfloater

Reaction score
For those who has no display after power on from standby, what’s your outcome after raising it to Prism+...?

Replace or refund...?

Cheese Steak

Reaction score
For those who wanna get the new prism android tv beware. Checked with them the ram and processor are ARM Cortex-A55/1.1GHz/Quad core
RAM (DDR3) is 1 GB. The ram is a little too low, may lag.

Kepller

Reaction score
My friend owns a Prism+ TV the 65", went to his place to have a look. The picture quality resembles those TVs you'd see at NTUC IMO. :s13: If you're spending this amount, just get the TCL C715/C716. You'll get a better viewing experience especially in dark rooms as the entire line of Prism+ TVs are IPS Panel while the TCL is using VA Panel.

If you're not familiar with TV tech please research here first: https://www.rtings.com/

Do not expect good quality from TVs that have IPS panels. They are the worst type of Panel and suffer from all kinds of nasty issues such as ips glow (as posted by an owner in the page before this), flash lighting, and the worst part is they have the lowest contrast ratio. Unfortunately some of these issues are natural to IPS panels and are not even part of Panel Lottery.

Contrast Ratio:
VA Panel (Left), IPS (Right)
IPS-vs-VA.jpg

As you can see Contrast Ratio plays a significant role in the overall Picture Quality and RTINGS is your best bet at getting a trusted measurement.

Just have a look at RTings's Contrast Ratio measurements of TVs with VA panels and TVs with IPS panels. I can guarantee you'll be equipped to make a better and more sound decision after looking at their measurements.

To add, the guy that posted below about his Monitor issue and how the Technician handled his case sounds similar to my friend who bought an Aftershock Apex 15. That Laptop runs HOT as HELL. Both the intel 10th gen i7 and RTX 2060 Super runs at 85-92 degrees under normal internet browsing, you-tubing usage even with their so called Turbo fan mode on.

Aftershock-APEX-15-LITE-hot-temperature.png

image.png

When we called them up, the Tech "expert" simply said that it was normal and performing under spec. I think there's a reason why they are not doing too good. Wrong marketing plan. If they had marketed that laptop as the Apex Toaster it'll sell like hot cakes because at 90 degrees celsius, you bet it'll perform under spec.

Last edited:

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend owns a Prism+ TV the 65", went to his place to have a look. The picture quality resembles those TVs you'd see at NTUC IMO. :s13: If you're spending this amount, just get the TCL C715/C716. You'll get a better viewing experience especially in dark rooms as the entire line of Prism+ TVs are IPS Panel while the TCL is using VA Panel.

If you're not familiar with TV tech please research here first: https://www.rtings.com/

Do not expect good quality from TVs that have IPS panels. They are the worst type of Panel and suffer from all kinds of nasty issues such as ips glow (as posted by an owner in the page before this), flash lighting, and the worst part is they have the lowest contrast ratio. Unfortunately some of these issues are natural to IPS panels and are not even part of Panel Lottery.

Contrast Ratio:
VA Panel (Left), IPS (Right)
IPS-vs-VA.jpg

As you can see Contrast Ratio plays a significant role in the overall Picture Quality and RTINGS is your best bet at getting a trusted measurement.

Just have a look at RTings's Contrast Ratio measurements of TVs with VA panels and TVs with IPS panels. I can guarantee you'll be equipped to make a better and more sound decision after looking at their measurements.

To add, the guy that posted below about his Monitor issue and how the Technician handled his case sounds similar to my friend who bought an Aftershock Apex 15. That Laptop runs HOT as HELL. Both the intel 10th gen i7 and RTX 2060 Super runs at 85-92 degrees under normal internet browsing, you-tubing usage even with their so called Turbo fan mode on.

Aftershock-APEX-15-LITE-hot-temperature.png

image.png

When we called them up, the Tech "expert" simply said that it was normal and performing under spec. I think there's a reason why they are not doing too good. Wrong marketing plan. If they had marketed that laptop as the Apex Toaster it'll sell like hot cakes because at 90 degrees celsius, you bet it'll perform under spec.

got so jialat meh?

i have 2 TVs in my home.

both 65 inch. One is a LG CX OLED and another one is the Xiaomi GLobal version Mi TV 4S 65 inch. The xiaomi one is also an IPS i think and i paid it quite cheap, in fact cheaper than prism. Prism E65 sells at $999 while the xiaomi mi 4s i got it at $680 to $700.

Of course the OLED will win in the black contrasts but to be honest i use the xiaomi in my master bed room to watch netflix 4k content, it still look decent. it is not a night and day difference compared to my OLED as both are also 4k. My perspective is, if picture quality to the dot really matters, get an OLED, thats the best PQ you can get with the perfect blacks and colors pop, but if you dont intend to spend and on a budget, to me the xiaomi mi tv 4S does fit the bill for casual viewing on netflix, youtube etc. i got no complains of it at all.

Kepller

Reaction score
got so jialat meh?

i have 2 TVs in my home.

both 65 inch. One is a LG CX OLED and another one is the Xiaomi GLobal version Mi TV 4S 65 inch. The xiaomi one is also an IPS i think and i paid it quite cheap, in fact cheaper than prism. Prism E65 sells at $999 while the xiaomi mi 4s i got it at $680 to $700.

Of course the OLED will win in the black contrasts but to be honest i use the xiaomi in my master bed room to watch netflix 4k content, it still look decent. it is not a night and day difference compared to my OLED as both are also 4k. My perspective is, if picture quality to the dot really matters, get an OLED, thats the best PQ you can get with the perfect blacks and colors pop, but if you dont intend to spend and on a budget, to me the xiaomi mi tv 4S does fit the bill for casual viewing on netflix, youtube etc. i got no complains of it at all.

There's a difference if you have them side by side and it also depends on the content you're watching. I can confidently say if you have a TV with a VA panel beside your IPS panel you will definitely see the difference and would prefer the VA.

The VA will have more depth especially in dark scenes. IPS will suffer from black crush since their contrast ratios are typically within the sub 1000:1 range while VA can hover anywhere around 3000:1 to 5000:1. This means that if you watch a movie that has lots of dark scenes e.g (Dark Knight, Game of Thrones), the IPS TV will struggle at producing different shades of blacks, and the viewer will be unable to see what's going on in the movie.

OLEDs are in a different league, they have both viewing angle and perfect contrast ratio but if you're comparing the sub 1k price range TVs then it will be between VA and IPS.

Ultimately as long as you as the customer is happy with the TV nothing else matters. Just make sure you guys do research at https://www.rtings.com/ to prevent from buyers remorse as from what I'm reading in this thread there are quite a handful of unhappy owners here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.