Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

di3cbl

Reaction score
a few of us did. for sure is better that carrier. firmware updates are faster.
and of cuz those bo liao bloatwares.

Thanks. Just wondering cos I was reading the XDA thread and some people were reporting that their battery life was worse on U1 + got quite a few people asking how to flash back to carrier firmware from U1 because they lost some features like wifi calling on U1 firmware. Do you guys have similar problems using U1 here?

Last edited:

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, sorry can ask a stupid question to confirm. korean s20+ sets can support 1 physical sim and 1 esim concurrently, unlike the US sets, which currently still dont support esim? thanks.

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just wondering cos I was reading the XDA thread and some people were reporting that their battery life was worse on U1 + got quite a few people asking how to flash back to carrier firmware from U1 because they lost some features like wifi calling on U1 firmware. Do you guys have similar problems using U1 here?

my battery is gd. 8hrs SOT with gaming.
wifi calling i donno.. cuz i dont use.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I thought Exynos offers no real difference? At least this is what the usual few Samsung radicals here say.

Getting stale bro. Let it go. They won't change because we in Singapore are toothless - that's why they can take their time with updates and present all sorts of poor replies that do not make sense to users when you confront them with the truth of the matter.

I moved back to the iPhone camp since efficiency/performance/updates are important to me. But what's more important is the integrity of the company. Win some, lose some. But with a dishonest entity, there is no trust. Can't really win anything.

They snagged my sis cos she's a huge BTS fan. But my cousin bought the Snapdragon S20 on 9.9 and is loving it very much. The SD with a smaller battery life and 5G has >3h more SOT compared to my sister's Exynos S20+. Joke.

Raigar

Reaction score
Getting stale bro. Let it go. They won't change because we in Singapore are toothless - that's why they can take their time with updates and present all sorts of poor replies that do not make sense to users when you confront them with the truth of the matter.

I moved back to the iPhone camp since efficiency/performance/updates are important to me. But what's more important is the integrity of the company. Win some, lose some. But with a dishonest entity, there is no trust. Can't really win anything.

They snagged my sis cos she's a huge BTS fan. But my cousin bought the Snapdragon S20 on 9.9 and is loving it very much. The SD with a smaller battery life and 5G has >3h more SOT compared to my sister's Exynos S20+. Joke.

As long as there's market and people keep buying it, Samsung will always dumps it to those market. Just like UK, the note 20 ultra pre order there is beating the Note 10 pre order even though it's exynos. Higher price + Exynos doesnt stop them. what a bunch of rich people there.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As long as there's market and people keep buying it, Samsung will always dumps it to those market. Just like UK, the note 20 ultra pre order there is beating the Note 10 pre order even though it's exynos. Higher price + Exynos doesnt stop them. what a bunch of rich people there.

I think this is a little unfair to them too.

Perhaps it's easiest to see it this way: They are presented that option without fuss, or they could jump through a few hoops to get the Snapdragon for themselves - paying import dues, sourcing, foregoing warranty and Samsung Pay privileges etc etc,

Everyone views value differently. Some just want the fastest and the longest battery life. Others want to know they are assuredly backed by a company who will support them when there is a product failure. Others don't really care as long as it's pretty (or supports some cause they like, eg Star Wars, BTS, Black Pink, etc...) At the end of the day, we just vote with our wallets for whatever ticks the most boxes for us.

The hate is actually justifiable to an extent - after all, users who buy Exynos chips don't pay less than those who buy SD (in fact they could pay more from place to place, all things considered), and get an inferior experience. There is something to be said for Korea not selling Exynos in their own home country for the S20 series.

I mean, it's very telling that the Samsung Connections Members actively use iPhones as their primary devices. ;)

nakazona

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me to check whether the white blinking of the proximity sensor during call is still there after the latest software update for the s20 series? Thanks in advance

rharish_21

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me to check whether the white blinking of the proximity sensor during call is still there after the latest software update for the s20 series? Thanks in advance

I can't see on my s20 plus. I remember seeing it earlier

di3cbl

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger for US s20+ from monmart, now they telling me the phone was seized at customs and ask me to cancel the order. What a joke.

I suspect they didn't actually ship the phone cos I ordered during 9.9 with voucher and they would rather sell to someone who didn't use voucher at higher price.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger for US s20+ from monmart, now they telling me the phone was seized at customs and ask me to cancel the order. What a joke.

I suspect they didn't actually ship the phone cos I ordered during 9.9 with voucher and they would rather sell to someone who didn't use voucher at higher price.

dont cancel the order. Ask them cancel the order at their end.

They will have penalty if they cancel themselves.

origamii

Reaction score

how much u got it during 9/9?

di3cbl

Reaction score
dont cancel the order. Ask them cancel the order at their end.

They will have penalty if they cancel themselves.

I asked them to cancel but they say they don't have the option to and show me the screenshot of what they see. Could it be because they already marked the shipment as shipped out? Is it possible to mark it as shipped without actually shipping it?

The reason why I suspect this is because normally the shipping details will put like "Standard Economy" or something, but for theirs the label is "Shipping Fee Included" which sounds fishy.

how much u got it during 9/9?

$999 after $50 voucher

zensushi

Reaction score

I think this is a little unfair to them too.

Perhaps it's easiest to see it this way: They are presented that option without fuss, or they could jump through a few hoops to get the Snapdragon for themselves - paying import dues, sourcing, foregoing warranty and Samsung Pay privileges etc etc,

Everyone views value differently. Some just want the fastest and the longest battery life. Others want to know they are assuredly backed by a company who will support them when there is a product failure. Others don't really care as long as it's pretty (or supports some cause they like, eg Star Wars, BTS, Black Pink, etc...) At the end of the day, we just vote with our wallets for whatever ticks the most boxes for us.

The hate is actually justifiable to an extent - after all, users who buy Exynos chips don't pay less than those who buy SD (in fact they could pay more from place to place, all things considered), and get an inferior experience. There is something to be said for Korea not selling Exynos in their own home country for the S20 series.

I mean, it's very telling that the Samsung Connections Members actively use iPhones as their primary devices. ;)

So much discourse on how others spend their money... :s8:

Not unlike those who dismiss the expensive, yet inferior versions, of cars here in Singapore.

Just adapt to how things are where you reside. If not happy or perceive that you can get better value, then buy through resellers the "superior" stocks as many here have done or go through the parallel importers as many car buyers are wont to.

After all, the phone will only used for one year or ~18 months before being tossed aside for the next shiny flagship upgrade, no? Why split hairs over a passing fad?
:s22: :spin:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.