Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
Went to the Penang place today at 6.45pm. They will give u a paper and you select the item you want. The portion will be bite size, very little one.

But service really lousy. First round comes already slow, some items you select they will miss. The satay until I fed up and tell them nv once serve us. Prawns overcooked, shell stick to meat.

Only thing good I think will be the desserts. No need cook so they serve quite fast.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to the Penang place today at 6.45pm. They will give u a paper and you select the item you want. The portion will be bite size, very little one.

But service really lousy. First round comes already slow, some items you select they will miss. The satay until I fed up and tell them nv once serve us. Prawns overcooked, shell stick to meat.

Only thing good I think will be the desserts. No need cook so they serve quite fast.

Wat sounds bad service wise.

Hows the food taste wise? Any nice items? The fried durian balls?

3000kmh

Reaction score
Went for the HSBC 1 for 1 buffet at BEACH Road Kitchen. Courtesy and super blessings from Toons.

Food Quality :

Impeccable flavours. Certainly don't feel cheap. Spread was small but adequate. Highlights are the Truffle Pizza (hand made), Seafood Platter, Chilli crab Mantou and Salmon.

The crab was a 1 X whole crab. Not the chunks nor just a few random pieces. Very generous. Salmon was moist and cook to perfection. Pizza and seafood platter are within expectations and good. Fresh, fat and chewy.

Service :

I felt like I was in a business class cabin with stewards and stewardess checking in time to time. More important, their sharp attention to details. They cleared the plates immediately, and when the previous service staff cleared my utensils, and forgot to put back, the next minute another crew walked by, he immediately top it back without me asking.

Another instance was during the wait for lobster laksa. Taste was just alright. But it was a long wait. The staff who took my took initative to check and came back to inform me that they are aware and is still in the making.

lee-turbo

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for seafood buffet? One with oysters, crab, etc.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation on buffet with great selection and taste of Jap + seafood for birthday celebration for 2?

3000kmh

Reaction score
Any recommendation on buffet with great selection and taste of Jap + seafood for birthday celebration for 2?

Last time Kushinbo used to be good. But the final time I went to the one @ suntec, I find it fell short in terms of taste.

Might have to see other seniors got better recommendations

Otherwise for full jap will be shin minori

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dinner Buffet
Be blown away by everyday specials in our delectable international buffet spread! Click here to find out more and here to view our menus.

Daily: $118++ per adult; $48++ per child (6–12 yrs)
Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner* for adults when payment is made using a DBS/POSB credit or debit card, and 50% off second adult diner when payment is made using a UOB credit or debit card.

*Offer is only valid for the first 30 guests per day starting 1 October 2020. Subsequent diners will be accord 50% off second adult diner.

http://www.meritushotels.com/en/mandarin-orchard-singapore/dining/triple-three.html

Thanks for lobang, next month can look at it

Spidie

Reaction score
Last time Kushinbo used to be good. But the final time I went to the one @ suntec, I find it fell short in terms of taste.

Might have to see other seniors got better recommendations

Otherwise for full jap will be shin minori
Wah one of the worse buffet. Like they throw whole Singapore unwanted Japanese food there for u to eat.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah one of the worse buffet. Like they throw whole Singapore unwanted Japanese food there for u to eat.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Wah really ah. I never been there before. But if so bad, for 55++ not worth leh. Any recommendation?

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Went for the HSBC 1 for 1 buffet at BEACH Road Kitchen. Courtesy and super blessings from Toons.

Food Quality :

Impeccable flavours. Certainly don't feel cheap. Spread was small but adequate. Highlights are the Truffle Pizza (hand made), Seafood Platter, Chilli crab Mantou and Salmon.

The crab was a 1 X whole crab. Not the chunks nor just a few random pieces. Very generous. Salmon was moist and cook to perfection. Pizza and seafood platter are within expectations and good. Fresh, fat and chewy.

Service :

I felt like I was in a business class cabin with stewards and stewardess checking in time to time. More important, their sharp attention to details. They cleared the plates immediately, and when the previous service staff cleared my utensils, and forgot to put back, the next minute another crew walked by, he immediately top it back without me asking.

Another instance was during the wait for lobster laksa. Taste was just alright. But it was a long wait. The staff who took my took initative to check and came back to inform me that they are aware and is still in the making.

Hi where can I find this promo? Googled couldn't find any stating 1-4-1 for hsbc

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hi where can I find this promo? Googled couldn't find any stating 1-4-1 for hsbc

It is a one time HSBC promo. No more already.

Their normal promo is 50% off second diner iirc.

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
Any lunch buffet open on weekday?

Beach road doesn't have weekday buffet.
Is dinner worth the top up btw?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any lunch buffet open on weekday?

Beach road doesn't have weekday buffet.
Is dinner worth the top up btw?

Got ah

I recently went to Hyatt's Straits Kitchen - they changed it to ala carte buffet

Also went to Yi Zhi Wei - hotpot cum kbbq cum mala xiangguo

GoldenStars

Reaction score
Got ah

I recently went to Hyatt's Straits Kitchen - they changed it to ala carte buffet

Also went to Yi Zhi Wei - hotpot cum kbbq cum mala xiangguo

How's yi zhi Wei? Got any promo?

Posted from PCWX using SM-N975F

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.