LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

petetherock

Reaction score
mine viewing distance is 2.5m. can?
tv will come next week.
did they optimise the mode of viewing for the TV. like adjust back-light color contrast etc

Check the sticky above bro... you'll at 2.5m, you can accept rather big screens...

Last edited:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more impressions

- This TV though has a lot of backlight bleed haha.. but I am fine with it..

- Bluetooth is interesting. i pair with both Sony neckband earphone sony wi-1000mx2 and also first generation MDR-1000X. The lag in the neckband one is noticeably higher than the MDR-1000X... quite comfortable going with the 1000x.

- Is it possible that this is a IPS panel? The viewing angles is like damn good...

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
more impressions

- Bluetooth is interesting. i pair with both Sony neckband earphone sony wi-1000mx2 and also first generation MDR-1000X. The lag in the neckband one is noticeably higher than the MDR-1000X... quite comfortable going with the 1000x.

- Is it possible that this is a IPS panel? The viewing angles is like damn good...

Backlight bleed - you get what you pay for ...
When you have a larger set, you are generally sitting in front, so the viewing angle is usually smaller. So I'm generally for VA panels, and this panel is unique amongst the others in this series..

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Backlight bleed - you get what you pay for ...
When you have a larger set, you are generally sitting in front, so the viewing angle is usually smaller. So I'm generally for VA panels, and this panel is unique amongst the others in this series..

For this price i'm not complaining at all, as long as it can last for around 3 years without caput halfway :D
I think this is a much neater solution compared to me having always the intention to install a projector.. this is almost like watching on a projector without the cables and elaborate drilling etc.

Yet to test gaming mode though.. hope the lag will be manageable for games like Fifa and hopefully later on GT7

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
For this price i'm not complaining at all, as long as it can last for around 3 years without caput halfway :D
I think this is a much neater solution compared to me having always the intention to install a projector.. this is almost like watching on a projector without the cables and elaborate drilling etc.

Yet to test gaming mode though.. hope the lag will be manageable for games like Fifa and hopefully later on GT7

Yep that’s why I went with a tv..
you’ll be pleased to know your set is larger than mine and costs less than half 👍

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more impressions

back-light bleeding more prominent when in the dark. on a bright day hows the image quality?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep that’s why I went with a tv..
you’ll be pleased to know your set is larger than mine and costs less than half 👍

i'm sure your TV at that point of time are consider higher end.. this model is the entry level mah.. still $3.4k is a steal imho.. any layman would not have guess this price for this size and quality.

sorry OT a bit.. i am using a HDMI 1.4.... Is netflix UHD at 30hz or 60hz ? I'm thinking should i get a HDMI 2.0 cable... of cos googling it now for my own info too.

petetherock

Reaction score
i'm sure your TV at that point of time are consider higher end.. this model is the entry level mah.. still $3.4k is a steal imho.. any layman would not have guess this price for this size and quality.

sorry OT a bit.. i am using a HDMI 1.4.... Is netflix UHD at 30hz or 60hz ? I'm thinking should i get a HDMI 2.0 cable... of cos googling it now for my own info too.
Cables are cheap la
Please get a proper Hdmi 2.1

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yikes I hate backlight bleed. Rejected 3 Sammys because of it last time.
No local dimming to control it?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
updated Impressions.

Just connected my PC to the TV via HDMI 1.4 cable... cant get 60hz @ 4K (guess I need 2.0/2.1 cable).
but i down it to 2560 by 1440.. playing Fifa20 in this resolution w RTX2070 Super, the graphics are still crisp and more importantly the input lag is very very acceptable and no noticeable lag at all (via TV Game mode of course). There is also no tearing seen currently. However under this mode, the overall brightness seems a bit dark... will try more next time as it's only for testing until the new console releases.

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you recall how big is the box, I worry it might not be able to make a turn on the stairs.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you recall how big is the box, I worry it might not be able to make a turn on the stairs.

The box never entered my house lol... if u stay HDB sure ok.. otherwise i not sure.. but to be honest the sales person should be able to access

i guess you can plus minus based on the official dimension with the stand.

Size with Stand (WxHxD mm) 1850 x 1144 x 432

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
The box never entered my house lol... if u stay HDB sure ok.. otherwise i not sure.. but to be honest the sales person should be able to access

i guess you can plus minus based on the official dimension with the stand.

Size with Stand (WxHxD mm) 1850 x 1144 x 432

Thanks. I checked the dimensions, it does fit tightly the stairs at my place but not sure if it will accommodate the box.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.