Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Suitelife11

Reaction score
No need to entertain them. Save all the videos and text. Also deactivate your Facebook for a while to stop them from using your photos

Text no need to save. Just delete it to get yourself not to think about their threat.

But videos please save all. Pass to SPF and your IO and indicate around what time they come to your house so they can track down the runner from their Polcam.

xvirusgal

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask, how did your relative have your picture of NRIC? I mean... impossible is the relative just mention your address right? Pretty sure to get a loan, need to have NRIC picture taken to pass to them.

Yap...no..relative use his own NRIC...address same as mine...but has moved out quite a while ago...

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Yap...no..relative use his own NRIC...address same as mine...but has moved out quite a while ago...

This one you have to ask SPF to also track your relative down le. ASAP. There is no thinking if he will use that NRIC to continue borrow from other loan shark.

green72

Reaction score
It took you couple of months. So can imagine my incident only took place about a month before. But true I also have to stop being jumpy anymore. I mean even if he were to send runners again means SPF will frequently send uniformed officer to my house block even more le. Right?

Yes. But let's keep the Police patrolling a secret from them (runners and UML).

green72

Reaction score
Hi, let me update everyone.

Today, another set of runner came. This one is Bangladeshi...all my windows closed and door closed...i peeped thru the windows blinds..he wants me to talk to his BOSS...

saw some whatzapp message telling him to pass the fone to the girl (aka me) in big caps.

new pattern...maybe new group...i called the police IMMEDIATELy...he loitered and took all the videos and photos of my house (saw thru all my webcams and cctv) extremely paranoid now.. but now choice... since i have decided to STAND BY MY HOUSE!

getting ready for another splash or something worse...i am ready for war! as if COVID-19 not enough!

Sending a Bangladeshi really shows this particular UML has not much client. Pretty desperate it seems.

No worries, this bangladeshi will be caught and caned before deported. His time in Singapore are numbered.

Just hang on, it will end.

xvirusgal

Reaction score
Sending a Bangladeshi really shows this particular UML has not much client. Pretty desperate it seems.

No worries, this bangladeshi will be caught and caned before deported. His time in Singapore are numbered.

Evening, latest update.
My splasher (aka 2nd runner) has been caught!!! Now left the first runner and 3rd runner...they sent 3runners within 2 weeks...shows how bad thus situation is....

Today, since there is a precedent now of sending foreign workers, one turned up again today again knocking on my door and taking video!!! But because I was all paranoid, I called the police in before I checked properly...turned out to be worker from town council...who was asked to check with owner to do up a paint job coz of the splashed paint along the corridor...

Oh well....I feel stress and paranoid...but have to learn to take it in my stride...coz I have sent all other family members n kids to safe house else where....as I continue to battle on....

家家都有本难言的经。我更不例外。my relative .....someone close...but yet so far away now from the Light...so I just have to suck it up and double up and brave the front...all for my family.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Hi all. Im embarrased to type this but i came here on this platform to seek advice.I got laid unexpectedly and found it extremely hard getting a new job.I was behind on my house payments (2K plus monthly) as its not by CPF with tons of bills to pay.Regretably, i turned to a lender i found on watsapp and borrowed 2 loans totalling 15K each.They seemed legit though somehow i had a buggy feeling they werent.My bank acct was frozen by the police under UML investigations (im not a runner btw) and now my loans are due.The IO advised me not to pay up and to just tahan. I live in a condo with my child and spouse. Im extremely stressed. What if they tail me and harass me when im outside or when im with my kid.What if even after i advise my condo mgmt to ban any visitors to my unit and security still lapses and they harass me or splash paint on my door or my neighbours? I know i shouldnt have borrowed but the dees is done.Im hoping the members here can help advise me on what i should do next.The CCTV i have is only in the home.Should i install one outside my home? Do i need management approval?

No need to feel embarrassed. Just report to I/O and call 999 if harassed like splash paint. I hope you have change your contact numbers and temporarily shut all your social media accounts.

If your condo doesn't allow non-resident to freely enter the property then you shouldn't worry.

Condo is usually difficult for them to "visit". With regards for them to "tail" you or your family members around, you need not worry as they don't do that.

None of the UML have that resources, capability or time to do that. most runners are themselves victims forced to do the harassment. The UML don't have full time staff to do the harassment. Not in Singapore.

You and your family are safe out in public. Those runners will only hit and run type at HDB unit to splash or do whatever else.

Next step is to continue to Ghost them. You can install a CCTV outside your unit if it gives you a some peace of mind and if the condo mgmt allows it.

Just continue to ghost them and never ever pay. It will end soon if you can resist their harassment.

xvirusgal

Reaction score
Hi all. Im embarrased to type this but i came here on this platform to seek advice.I got laid unexpectedly and found it extremely hard getting a new job.I was behind on my house payments (2K plus monthly) as its not by CPF with tons of bills to pay.Regretably, i turned to a lender i found on watsapp and borrowed 2 loans totalling 15K each.They seemed legit though somehow i had a buggy feeling they werent.My bank acct was frozen by the police under UML investigations (im not a runner btw) and now my loans are due.The IO advised me not to pay up and to just tahan. I live in a condo with my child and spouse. Im extremely stressed. What if they tail me and harass me when im outside or when im with my kid.What if even after i advise my condo mgmt to ban any visitors to my unit and security still lapses and they harass me or splash paint on my door or my neighbours? I know i shouldnt have borrowed but the dees is done.Im hoping the members here can help advise me on what i should do next.The CCTV i have is only in the home.Should i install one outside my home? Do i need management approval?

Dear, not sure about condo mgmt and how tight the security is...but in case there is a lapse, it is definitely possible to just enter the vicinity with a good pretext...then this batch of runners will need to be the more educated ones...and not the ah bengs or foreign workers or ah peks that some of us here else encountered....

As a parent, I can empathize with you as they too threaten to kipnap my kids..so...take down all your social media platforms...yours, spouse and kids....and those Next of Kins...

Not only you have to endure these...your listed NOK will too...and so my advise, like all others...is to QUICKLY CHANGE ALL contact numbers and house numbers of all affected...esp NOK...and would be advisable for you to explain your situation to them too...so they are mentally prepared for the full onslaught coming....I am the NOK for my case....and it's already week 3...and they are trying new ways now....if possible...install webcams outside your unit...and if you are familiar with your neighbors , you may like to let them know...Ur call....for me...they already harassed my neighbors....so I had to go apologize to all...for the inconvenience caused...

It's going to be a tough period...and if your spouse is able to walk with you throug this period...it will be extremely assuring...and a test of faith in your marriage...

As for your child...shield them...mine has the unfortunate chance of witnessing the splash and the nightmare on the night of her birthday!...so I asked the school counselor for help...

You will really need lots of support....so open up to your love ones....nothing to be embarrassed...it's already done deed...so now is to rectify and move on...

Lean on our SPF...they are really good...but overwhelmed esp during this Covid...lots of borrowers...

Last edited:
Reaction score

Wow bro - this was how some data got sold and landed in UML hands who target those with money issues. So evil!

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/former-dbs-employee-jailed-selling-personal-information-37-customers-loansharks?cid=tdy%20tg_tg-pm_social-msging-free_09102018_today

green72

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for your advice.
Ive temporarily shut down FB IG and LinkedIn. My Spouse too has to shut down? They dont have my spouse details but probably have my address and my former workplace address. Today is my loan repayment date. I cant shut my hp number yet because its under my spouse name. Can they find this out too that the line is under someone else's name? I can pay off the bill and ask my spouse to close the number. But what if i continue to ask them for time to repay, is that a better idea? Im planning to move to a temporary place so i was thinking i should buy time by negotiating with them till i move to the temporary place, then completely ghost them. They dont have any NOK details of mine.

Don't bother nego with them already. They don't accept payment delay. Just stop contacting or paying them immediately as of today, now.

This is the only way to begin the end of the harassment. It will intensify in the beginning but it will end soon enough.

Install call blocking apps on your hp. I'm using an android phone and install an app named " Call blocker" by Vlad Lee. Very useful as it blocks all calls not on your contact list. Too bad if a number not related to the UML tries to call you but get's block. It really helps gives you a peace of mind during this period while still able to receive calls from those you know.

My advise is to stay put, endure for a few weeks, seek help from Police if harassed and soon it will end. To continue contacting the UML only results in delaying your ordeal.

You want this to end fast, ghost them ASAP.

xvirusgal

Reaction score
Don't bother nego with them already. They don't accept payment delay. Just stop contacting or paying them immediately as of today, now.

This is the only way to begin the end of the harassment. It will intensify in the beginning but it will end soon enough.

Install call blocking apps on your hp. I'm using an android phone and install an app named " Call blocker" by Vlad Lee. Very useful as it blocks all calls not on your contact list. Too bad if a number not related to the UML tries to call you but get's block. It really helps gives you a peace of mind during this period while still able to receive calls from those you know.

My advise is to stay put, endure for a few weeks, seek help from Police if harassed and soon it will end. To continue contacting the UML only results in delaying your ordeal.

I agree with all here. Bite the bullet. Endure. 4weeks ..the beginning is the hardest....

And negotiation and payment is actually illegal too and stiff penalties .

So start by changing all forms of contact.

AngelsInTheSkies

Reaction score
Change your phone number. But be prepare that they might send “letters” to your neighbours to cause embarrassment and stress. You should probably explain to your neighbours that you’ve been scammed.

Hi. Thanks for your advice.
Ive temporarily shut down FB IG and LinkedIn. My Spouse too has to shut down? They dont have my spouse details but probably have my address and my former workplace address. Today is my loan repayment date. I cant shut my hp number yet because its under my spouse name. Can they find this out too that the line is under someone else's name? I can pay off the bill and ask my spouse to close the number. But what if i continue to ask them for time to repay, is that a better idea? Im planning to move to a temporary place so i was thinking i should buy time by negotiating with them till i move to the temporary place, then completely ghost them. They dont have any NOK details of mine.

Shoniah

Reaction score

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/sengkang-compassvale-street-loanshark/?fbclid=IwAR2gKOA_vzqaxZP6S4F_6Ii5ilxNogV1l5K0Ox0EmPaEAGdqR54HNz4Ckgk

16 year old tsk tsk

StressedGirl

Reaction score

Thanks a lot! Im looking to ghost them but the fact that the amount is so huge worries me. If its like 2-5K and u ghost them, i think after awhile, they'll find its not worth it. But the amount in my case i think its too much for them to lose and im scared their tactics will be way different for my case. Anyone here who has a similar case to mine or has huge loans with them and has ghosted them? Please share your experience with me. Ive got to commute out daily to fetch my kid and im worried i might see them loitering outside. I dont trust the condo security frankly.Security lapses have happened so many times.

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Im looking to ghost them but the fact that the amount is so huge worries me. If its like 2-5K and u ghost them, i think after awhile, they'll find its not worth it. But the amount in my case i think its too much for them to lose and im scared their tactics will be way different for my case. Anyone here who has a similar case to mine or has huge loans with them and has ghosted them? Please share your experience with me. Ive got to commute out daily to fetch my kid and im worried i might see them loitering outside. I dont trust the condo security frankly.Security lapses have happened so many times.

Sis, does that mean you really take the entire loan from them?

Shoniah

Reaction score
I have explained in this thread before. I paid trial loans alot of times since mar to jul. The initial loan didnt even get credited into my acc. I blocked all the numbers. Sent runner to lock my gate in beginning of aug and also locked my neighbour's gate w my debtor note few days later. Spf arrested both runners within 2-3 days. After i installed cctv, they stopped harrassment and moved on to other victims.

Police still patrol my unit to check if everything is ok till today.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.