[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, just completed Dragon Quest XI and all I got is a single Bronze trophy for defeating the Dark Lord. Kinda underwhelming.

After investing over 230hrs of playtime they could have at least give a Gold. Percentage for this trophy is at 37.2% so looks like a lot of players had completed upto this stage.

And apparently some trophies are meant for the post game story.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol, just completed Dragon Quest XI and all I got is a single Bronze trophy for defeating the Dark Lord. Kinda underwhelming.

After investing over 230hrs of playtime they could have at least give a Gold. Percentage for this trophy is at 37.2% so looks like a lot of players had completed upto this stage.

And apparently some trophies are meant for the post game story.
I am guessing you did not complete the game, you have just done the first couple of acts. Yes, the credit rolls, but there is still Act 3 which is a continuation of the story. It is not a post game... the hint is in the title of the game - in Japanese and Chinese, it means "in search of lost time". You need to continue playing, there's a whole lot of stories in Act 3.

There are quite a lot of trophies that require special action, like shooting all archery targets, talking to all cows, doing all 'puff puff', riding all mountable enemies, but the most time consuming is collecting all armor sets.

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ish this porfma news? Come across this video it suggest a growing number of jipanese studios are jumping ship from Sony PS platform to Xbox and Switch due to SJW censorship. But can't really find official article on this. :(

But think ish true that Sony seem to become more callous enforcing censorship in recent years, and ironically Nintendo who use to be famous for such censorship ish becoming more relax instead.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GENSHIN IMPACT | Is This Free Action RPG Worth Your Time?

Genshin Impact Review: Should You Play it?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
genshin impact is quite fun to play. playing it everyday till cyberpunk and ac is out.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Can choose english/chinese/japanese/korean voiceovers,.... the japanese/chinese/eng is nice
I haven't started the game yet, do you change the text language from the game's menu, or have to change the language from the ps4 system setting? (I assume the voiceover language is changeable freely via the game's menu, and not tied to the game text.)

Does the game's button mapping follow the ps4 region (for Asia, O=ok, X=exit)?

I am still thinking whether to play the US version or Asia version. I very much prefer to play in Chinese (unless it is very tedious, like have to switch in ps4 system menu, so I will keep having to do that when switching games), but also prefer the US XO button mapping.

Hmm... I wonder if the save file is transferable between US and Asia (the product IDs are different). Save file is on server rt, no local save file on the ps4? Looks like will have to test it out.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I haven't started the game yet, do you change the text language from the game's menu, or have to change the language from the ps4 system setting? (I assume the voiceover language is changeable freely via the game's menu, and not tied to the game text.)

Does the game's button mapping follow the ps4 region (for Asia, O=ok, X=exit)?

I am still thinking whether to play the US version or Asia version. I very much prefer to play in Chinese (unless it is very tedious, like have to switch in ps4 system menu, so I will keep having to do that when switching games), but also prefer the US XO button mapping.

Hmm... I wonder if the save file is transferable between US and Asia (the product IDs are different). Save file is on server rt, no local save file on the ps4? Looks like will have to test it out.

All text and voices is switched in game settings, not the ps4 system settings. Button mapping is asia style.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am guessing you did not complete the game, you have just done the first couple of acts. Yes, the credit rolls, but there is still Act 3 which is a continuation of the story. It is not a post game... the hint is in the title of the game - in Japanese and Chinese, it means "in search of lost time". You need to continue playing, there's a whole lot of stories in Act 3.

There are quite a lot of trophies that require special action, like shooting all archery targets, talking to all cows, doing all 'puff puff', riding all mountable enemies, but the most time consuming is collecting all armor sets.

Good to hear that, cause I don't want it to end.

A bit misleading though with the credit rolling, they should have just wait for player to complete everything before doing that.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that, cause I don't want it to end.

A bit misleading though with the credit rolling, they should have just wait for player to complete everything before doing that.

still got dragon quest xi s version. more story on side chars and can play it in classic 2d mode.

Deathshadow

Reaction score
But 9 oct is the official release date.
Even if 3 days earlier, should be 6th oct.
Today only 2nd oct
Its only a 10 hour early access trial on EA Play, which begin yesterday on 1 Oct (EA Play is a monthly paid subscription service. Different & unrelated to the 3 days early access of Champions Edition).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ea-play-early-access-release-22773222.amp

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/ea_play_collapses_as_fifa_21_early_access_rolls_out

symbiote28

Reaction score
I saw ppl on my list playing fifa 21 liao on ps4

if you get EA play for $6.90, the champions and ultimate edition would be cheaper even taking into account the $6.90 you paid for one month. then you have access to a 10 hour trial.

i cancelled my physical disc order and just pre-ordered digitally.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.