LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm excited to post another update after i finally got a HDMI 2.1 cable (previously was only 1.4) to test out my PC (while waiting for xbox/ps5 to launch).

Seems like i had to set resolution to higher 4096 instead of 3840 otherwise there will be ugly pinkish/green color on the screen.

I played 2 games on it
1. Fifa20
2. Dirt Rally 2

Both were crisp and smooth... totally sucked into the game as the size really showed it's advantage, with bigger field and space between players visually.
And the best part was i forgot to turn on Game mode but even the input lag was still acceptable

Next up was Dirt Rally 2. This is where i felt the input lag more than Fifa and realised i forgot to switch to Game mode. After switching, the lag was super acceptable. once again graphics were excellent and at almost max setting on RTX 2070 Super, i got around 77 fps which was good enough for me.
The words on the back of the car was super clear.

unfortunately i didnt take any video or pictures this time round. will try and do so over wkend.

The negative part was that after gaming for about 20 mins and carrying the CPU back to my room, i realise the CPU was much warmer than usual and i guess the 4K and processing has taken it's toll on both GPU and CPU..

Last edited:

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm excited to post another update after i finally got a HDMI 2.1 cable (previously was only 1.4) to test out my PC (while waiting for xbox/ps5 to launch).

Seems like i had to set resolution to higher 4096 instead of 3840 otherwise there will be ugly pinkish/green color on the screen.

I played 2 games on it
1. Fifa20
2. Dirt Rally 2

Both were crisp and smooth... totally sucked into the game as the size really showed it's advantage, with bigger field and space between players visually.
And the best part was i forgot to turn on Game mode but even the input lag was still acceptable

Next up was Dirt Rally 2. This is where i felt the input lag more than Fifa and realised i forgot to switch to Game mode. After switching, the lag was super acceptable. once again graphics were excellent and at almost max setting on RTX 2070 Super, i got around 77 fps which was good enough for me.
The words on the back of the car was super clear.

unfortunately i didnt take any video or pictures this time round. will try and do so over wkend.

The negative part was that after gaming for about 20 mins and carrying the CPU back to my room, i realise the CPU was much warmer than usual and i guess the 4K and processing has taken it's toll on both GPU and CPU..

looks like playing games on this awesome TV is also awesome

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aren’t you glad I told you about this ;)
Wish I could swop but my samsung is working well
Maybe next time 👌

indeed... was looking at Sony x900h but not sure when the hdmi 2.1 will come out and it costs almost $6k.... the "difference" can be used to get a racing Sim LOL.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2021 with 3080 & all these TVs will takeover your living rm

Sent from X3 using GAGT

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some videos for your viewing pleasure.
Currently using HDMI 2.1 although my GPU is only 2.0...
So far no problem on 4K 60hz on windows setting but higher than that will get weird purple color (needs a HDMI 2.1 GPU or xbox/ps5 to test later on).

Last edited:

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some videos for your viewing pleasure.
Currently using HDMI 2.1 although my GPU is only 2.0...
So far no problem on 4K 60hz on windows setting but higher than that will get weird purple color (needs a HDMI 2.1 GPU or xbox/ps5 to test later on).

Nice bro!!!!

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes this TV is 100hz.
Just ordered a 20m HDMI 2.0 cable to run from the TV to my room Computer...

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update:
I confirm that the cable is not working properly and cant project from my PC (RTX 2070 Super) to the TV. it displays the bios but each time fails when I go into windows.
Looks like have to return.

why not 2.1?
btw how is that 8k hdmi cable u bought?
think of getting too

HDMI 2.1 20m is $300+ lol . anyway i am not sure if i can even play at 4K properly with such long cable LOL.. so try try first.

It it Optical HDMI cable?

nope. normal one.. the website is here;

https://atz.com.sg/shop/cables/hdmi-cables/hdmi-v2-0/atz-eq-hdmi-cable-v2-0-xxm/

i am not promoting their products but i have so far got my cables from them (via lazada) and so far so good.. except this 20m one yet to arrive.

XduSLpi.jpg

Last edited:

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update:
I confirm that the cable is not working properly and cant project from my PC (RTX 2070 Super) to the TV. it displays the bios but each time fails when I go into windows.
Looks like have to return.

HDMI 2.1 20m is $300+ lol . anyway i am not sure if i can even play at 4K properly with such long cable LOL.. so try try first.

nope. normal one.. the website is here;

https://atz.com.sg/shop/cables/hdmi-cables/hdmi-v2-0/atz-eq-hdmi-cable-v2-0-xxm/

i am not promoting their products but i have so far got my cables from them (via lazada) and so far so good.. except this 20m one yet to arrive.

XduSLpi.jpg
that 20m cable?

petetherock

Reaction score
20m is too long to use a regular cable.
Even an optical HDMI cable might have trouble.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20m is too long to use a regular cable.
Even an optical HDMI cable might have trouble.

Ya.. confirm cannot work when connecting PC to TV.
But from PC to my x34p Predator the color is very sharp and good.
I guess more power is required to send the signal across to the TV.
But TBH the cable quality is really good and thick... even if it works i got problem routing it properly from the living room back to my study room... well good try anyway, and i've already returned the cable to the seller.

that 20m cable?

20m is this one

BkyCDNN.jpg

3Rl4XJn.jpg

lSYxMLv.jpg

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Added some toys to fully 'abuse' the TV.
iDgIzjN.jpg

9iy03i6.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.