Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using okonz tp.also need to press abit longer.
Film? I guess is the worse if ur hp is dropped. No?

What screen protectors are you guys using for the s20+? Anyone can recommend?

I've tried Whitestone Dome but don't really like it as need to apply some amount of pressure for the fingerprint scanner to read. Scan rate is 50/50 so I still prefer film type as it is accurate and fast.

Anyone can share what you using?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I've tried Whitestone Dome but don't really like it as need to apply some amount of pressure for the fingerprint scanner to read. Scan rate is 50/50 so I still prefer film type as it is accurate and fast.

Re-register your fingerprints. Do not use pressure to get it to read. Use the lightest touch possible.

zensushi

Reaction score

The one that comes pre-installed with the phone. Best touchscreen experience by far.

Remember reading that the Samsung store does replacement for it?

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one that comes pre-installed with the phone. Best touchscreen experience by far.

Yea.. those normal film originally with the phone is ftw.. scratch den scratch no issues

Reads touches fast and direct.

I hate tempered glass sp

ltrinityl

Reaction score
I'm using okonz tp.also need to press abit longer.
Film? I guess is the worse if ur hp is dropped. No?

The last phone i dropped was iphone 5. After that all the phones i used (ip7, ip8+, ip X, s10+) all never dropped before. I guess im a careful person who takes care of phone. Haha

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Re-register your fingerprints. Do not use pressure to get it to read. Use the lightest touch possible.

Tried before but hit and miss still. sometimes says fingerprint not recognized, sometimes says need to press harder. Gave up on glass protectors. currently using hydrogel film which is 99% hit rate, but minor sharp things like fingernails pressing on the film while typing will make some dents/scars on the film which i find quite ugly.

ltrinityl

Reaction score

Yup, read that too..

Called up Samsung hotline. 1 CSO told me no stock, another CSO ask me go Samsung service centre to enquire. Mine US set, don't know if they will paste for me if there is stock.

So i'm looking for other film type alternatives. The original factory protector from the box is it PET, TPU or plastic?

malaikai2005

Reaction score

Yes i am the one replace the original film before
But not my s20 ultra but my s10+
Very cheap only less than $10 bucks
But just like the factory installed one
Very good quality
But only abit different in design
I enquired about it for my s20 ultra
They told me they suspended it due to the pandemic
I will call again soon
Btw anyone have problem with the bluetooth head set that comes free with the purchase?
Mine so fast one side no sound already
I not sure about the warranty
I will make a call to them about it soon also

malaikai2005

Reaction score
I am quite curious
I experienced 5g a few times
All in the wee hours of the morning
Just for awhile
I am on starhub btw
I saw my screen logo from 4g to 5g
Hmm strange
28662819dfe21a7460eb30531fb4b6be641bfcfc.jpg

Normally should be 4g like this ...
28662821a6bdb4396def495d0c661944ae0ddc33.jpg

Last edited:

nakazona

Reaction score
Very good quality
I will call again soon
Btw anyone have problem with the bluetooth head set that comes free with the purchase?

U mean the galaxy buds+? There is one year warranty for it but i not sure what it covers. My buds+ is still working fine, both sides still work, i got it from the purchase of my local s20+ last time. Now using the buds+ on my hk s20+.

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Very good quality
I will call again soon

Do update here if there is stocks for your s20 ultra... If dont mind can try asking for the s20+ also?

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is 20+ still a worthy buy given the chipset and no 5G?

Honestly no. I know this has been dsicussed to death, but Exynos 990 is really pathetic compared to SD865.

It's 20% slower, and it's not just being slow. Overheating, bad battery life, poor signal... it's just not worth it.

loserpro

Reaction score
Can't seem to find what the touch sample rate for the Note 10+ is. I've not used Apple since iPhone 3 so I really can't understand the perks of a higher touch sample rate. But I'm guessing that the touch response is vastly superior at 240Hz.

It is not just the 120hz display. The 240hz touch response also matters. U will feel it during browsing the web and typing messages. I always wondered why apple keyboard was such a joy to type on. Well, after getting a phone with 240hz touch response rate, I feel apple keyboard is not that great anymore. :s13:

240hz touch sampling rate is activated only in certain games. Otherwise it's 120hz like in the Note 10 and probably most other (Samsung) flagships in recent years as well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/gncu0i/i_found_the_touted_240hz_touch_sampling_rate_on/
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/smartphones/tech-review-samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-an-upgrade-in-every-way said:
The display has a 120Hz touch sampling rate, or screen sensitivity to touch, during normal use. This is regardless of whether the display refresh rate has been set to 60Hz or 120Hz. When playing games, the touch sample rate automatically increases to 240Hz.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=riWKa6hN_So
In case anyone has the Oneplus 8 Pro or 8T and can test using the method linked above: I'm interested to know if they have the same sampling rate behavior as the S20 since they are both advertised as 240hz touch sampling. But unlike Samsung's S20 announcement stream, in the 8T stream last night Oneplus didn't imply that 240hz was limited to games only.

Last edited:

cheryl81

Reaction score

i using whitestone but i didnt using pressure to unlock at all. scan rate is about 95-98% unless my finger are too cold.

malaikai2005

Reaction score
Do update here if there is stocks for your s20 ultra... If dont mind can try asking for the s20+ also?

I am now at samsung service center
Sorry to relate they dont offer the original screen protector anymore
The reason is that many complain about bubbles after they pasted them
They even dont sell them now
Sad:(

Repairing my ear buds now

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.