Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Libbis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Walk 5 minutes to mrt and take 30mins train to town, its more accessible than those who stay at amk but not near the mrt Station.

Reach Mrt stn door is different fm reaching the platform. If u spend 15min walking to t platform. Or transit, does that count into Yr travelling time?

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL after reading through, saw so many biased comments. I'm the pioneer batch who stay in Canberra first-gen HDB, booked in 2013. Obviously these kind of place need someone who can see far, rather than seeing short term gains. After Canberra MRT is built, HDB at the other side all over-subscribed.

Anyway mine MOP next year already. Its a quiet and peaceful place. Feeling sian because people only realised now is good then come and crowd and corrupt the place.

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL after reading through, saw so many biased comments. I'm the pioneer batch who stay in Canberra first-gen HDB, booked in 2013. Obviously these kind of place need someone who can see far, rather than seeing short term gains. After Canberra MRT is built, HDB at the other side all over-subscribed.
Anyway mine MOP next year already. Its a quiet and peaceful place. Feeling sian because people only realised now is good then come and crowd and corrupt the place.
Won’t corrupt I tell you. U don’t overthink lol. That’s what they said about sembawang.
:s13:

Anyway ulu is good for jogging

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reach Mrt stn door is different fm reaching the platform. If u spend 15min walking to t platform. Or transit, does that count into Yr travelling time?

Don't get your point, how long do you have to get to the platform from mrt station gantry? Anything more than 1 min mean you got problem already. And canberra mrt gantry to platform is 5 metre, you need more than 5s to walk 5m?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You staying eastbank right?

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nonsense, I have not notice any pinoys staying here. A lot of people from Malaysia and China staying here, can hear the difference.

Renting house in MOP?

Posted from PCWX using LYA-L29

jadedRomeo

Reaction score
Yes. Canberra so ulu. Worst estate in the North. Pls dun live there. Eeeee.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L04 using GAGT

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying Canberra is like staying sembawang. But I still rather stay yishun.

yishun alot of siao langs....

on a serious note, yishun feels very cramped and crowded. but the benefits are the amenities of a hawker center and plenty of small neighborhood shops offering a variety of products and services which sembawang and canberra is currently lacking.

i particularly like that block facing those colonial houses. it comes with a balcony while the rest dont. but walking to the train station will take about 15mins...unsheltered.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra HDB BTO Flat

A little history of Canberra HDB BTO flats.

Pioneer batch estates are:

May 2013 BTO
EastBank
EastBrook
EastWave

https://www.teoalida.com/singapore/HDB-BTO-Prices-List-SAMPLE.xls

In 2014 I correctly predicted the exact position of Canberra MRT station after intensive research on URA Masterplan, LTA and government historical announcements/news.

LTA officially announced the building of Canberra MRT station on 1 Aug 2014.

Low priced BTO flats with MRT station at doorstep is hard to buy only if an existing/upcoming train station is known beforehand.

In fact the first two batches of Canberra HDB BTO flats release were undersubscribed! But if you take a gamble like kee chiu Chan you may reap the rewards. :s13:

Read the early pages of this thread for those who are interested to know more.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.