OCBC Titanium Mastercard

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

If you have registered for the promotion, and would like to check if you are within the first 5,000 cardmembers, you can call our hotline at 1800 363 3333, or drop us a PM with your mobile number. We will arrange for a call to you.

^DG

Called the hotline and the cso say cannot check if within thr first 5k cardmembers.....

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Called the hotline and the cso say cannot check if within thr first 5k cardmembers.....

Real stupid. They should just close the registration if 5k have reached. As simple as that.

ya , think thats what dbs and amex do for their promo. have some counters.

Hi there,

Our service executive will be able to check if you have successfully registered as one of the first 5,000. We apologise for any misinformation provided.

However, do note that the list is not updated in real time, and we may not have the details at the time of your call.

Could you drop us a PM with your mobile number, and let us know when you had registered?

^DG

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Our service executive will be able to check if you have successfully registered as one of the first 5,000. We apologise for any misinformation provided.

However, do note that the list is not updated in real time, and we may not have the details at the time of your call.

Could you drop us a PM with your mobile number, and let us know when you had registered?

^DG

A simple way is to stop registration after quota reach. Or once u register within the quota, OCBC can send a confirmation sms.

This is what other bank are doing.

Do you think it is easy to talk to the CSO? Further the CSO. Should be answering more important queries instead.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
A simple way is to stop registration after quota reach. Or once u register within the quota, OCBC can send a confirmation sms.

This is what other bank are doing.

Do you think it is easy to talk to the CSO? Further the CSO. Should be answering more important queries instead.

Thanks for the feedback.
We will share on this with the relevant team.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback again with regard to registration for the 20X promotion.

Once 5000 is reached, we will close registration.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Is jannpaul eligible for 10x ocbc promotion?

Posted from PCWX using SM-A805F

Hi there,

Bonus OCBC$ is given based on the MCC of the merchant. The MCC is determined by the card associations (MasterCard / Visa), and is not within OCBC's control. We do not have visibility of the MCC of a merchant until a transaction is made.

If you have made the transaction, and would like to check on it, do give us a call at 1800 363 3333.

^DG

Last edited:

Kfc2019

Reaction score
Recently applied the "Pink" Titanium Rewards card and purchased a PC online from VSTECS.
Surprisingly I didn't earn the 9 x bonus points and being advised that the MCC code is 5734 for the merchant.
Very disappointed and upset due no one will know the merchant code in advance. Consumer will simply based on the "nature of business" to decide which card to charge.

Regret that I should use the DBS wowan's world card to charge but think to support the new "pink" card, sigh!

Honestly, I really don't think bonus rewards should based on MCC codes.
Even the merchants don't know their MCC codes as well.
And to end users, we are in the lucky draw game.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently applied the "Pink" Titanium Rewards card and purchased a PC online from VSTECS.
Surprisingly I didn't earn the 9 x bonus points and being advised that the MCC code is 5734 for the merchant.
Very disappointed and upset due no one will know the merchant code in advance. Consumer will simply based on the "nature of business" to decide which card to charge.

Regret that I should use the DBS wowan's world card to charge but think to support the new "pink" card, sigh!

How would you suggest their system be programmed to recognise transaction by 'nature of business', without using mcc?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

if everyone is sure of MCC, there will no more bonus categories.

Those who don't spend on bonus categories allow the banks to offer bonus.

Banks are not stupid.....

someusername

Reaction score
if everyone is sure of MCC, there will no more bonus categories.

Those who don't spend on bonus categories allow the banks to offer bonus.

Banks are not stupid.....

MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software (10X)
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores (10X)
MCC 5734 Computer Software Stores (1X)

And, of course it's possible to buy a computer from any of these MCCs.

Banks make much more from late fees, interest, merchant fees, annual fees and other sundry fees than they could ever lose by offering transparency on the MCC lottery. The rewards are meant to be an incentive for customers to spend, not a way to piss off customers.

Customers who are not stupid should just ditch banks who are not stupid.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software (10X)
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores (10X)
MCC 5734 Computer Software Stores (1X)

And, of course it's possible to buy a computer from any of these MCCs.

Banks make much more from late fees, interest, merchant fees, annual fees and other sundry fees than they could ever lose by offering transparency on the MCC lottery. The rewards are meant to be an incentive for customers to spend, not a way to piss off customers.

Customers who are not stupid should just ditch banks who are not stupid.

Go ahead and ditch all the banks.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi there,

We are sorry to learn that your transaction was not eligible.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men’s and Boys’ Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women’s Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women’s Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children’s and Infants’ Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men’s and Women’s Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

On top of that, transactions made with the following of eligible merchants (or as stated on the OCBC Titanium Rewards Website from time to time) will earn Bonus OCBC$:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

A merchant category code (MCC) is a four digit number assigned by payment card organisations (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express), which OCBC Bank has no discretion over.

Please note that the merchant's registered MCC may not always correspond with its nature of business. For example, a retail store can be registered as a Duty Free Store (MCC 5309) and Financial Institution (MCC 6012) even though it sells a variety of retail products, including electronics and gadgets and personal care.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Wht card good for earning bonus 10x point for MCC 5094

Posted from PCWX using SM-A805F

Hi there,

Bonus OCBC$ will be given for merchants whose MCC falls under the following:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men’s and Boys’ Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women’s Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women’s Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children’s and Infants’ Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men’s and Women’s Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

MCC 5094 will not be eligible for bonus OCBC$, but you will still be able to earn the base OCBC$ (i.e. the 5 OCBC$ per S$5 spend), as the MCC is not in the exclusion list (3i of https://www.ocbc.com/iwov-resources...rewards-credit-card-programme-wef-1sept20.pdf) for earning OCBC$.

^DG

toffee27

Reaction score
Hi OCBC, would you be able to advise on the mcc for Dyson.com.Sg? As well as the following overseas merchant: saddlebackleather.com

Am intending to use the titanium card for purchase and was wondering if they qualify for 4mpd. Thanks in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.