NUS Tembusu College Fired Jeremy Fernando for Sexual Assault

givemeareasontoforget

Reaction score
Sharing a Facebook post by Gurpit Singh:

By now most of you have heard: Jeremy Fernando was fired from his position as a fellow at Tembusu College, NUS, because he sexually assaulted two women. I will add here that we have heard, and have raised, that there are very likely other women affected, though this remains speculation unless they come forward.

Two things have come to mind:

It’s disturbing to me how the very people in a liberal bubble, who audaciously celebrate women’s day and who claim to take women’s voices seriously, and I also refer to its students, forget their mantras of “believe women” when it comes to someone they know. Where is everyone who usually speaks up hiding now? The confidentiality shrouding the women is there for their protection, not for your selfish sureties.

Secondly, Tembusu’s directors have been disturbingly distant. The victims have been extremely traumatised throughout the process: the directors have remained detached. They cried out for a statement (as I have heard many tembusu students have too, it is only right) and gave permission for them to disclose select facts to explain his firing. Instead they chose to let misinformation spread and ignored the victims’ email for almost a week. It has been almost two weeks since Jeremy got fired. They have resisted making a clarifying statement, and avoided answering the victims’ requests head-on.

I’m saddened that the leaders of my former home and the place I’ve trusted violated its ethical duties to its students in three ways: it did not mobilise it’s residential team to look out for other survivors in the place where a predator was probably most active; it did not issue a statement that might have alerted other women to the investigation and help them get the care they need; it did not preserve any transparency in dealing with the aftermath and instead allowed rumours to spread rampant, people to disbelieve them and the women’s testimonies, and to allow tFreedom, an interest group, to become the cover for it.

The college master instead merely invited the victims to, “please direct anyone who is concerned to contact me”, so feel free to email the college directorship and ask them more, and perhaps even thereby clarify their inaction and uninspiring vacillation.

Last edited:

clon33

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So was there any police report made by NUS? Otherwise how to believe such allegations?

Secondly if a crime was committed, the perpetrator must be charged in court. Otherwise how many more victims will happen in the future?

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It’s disturbing to me how the very people in a liberal bubble, who audaciously celebrate women’s day and who claim to take women’s voices seriously, and I also refer to its students, forget their mantras of “believe women” when it comes to someone they know. Where is everyone who usually speaks up hiding now? The confidentiality shrouding the women is there for their protection, not for your selfish sureties.

western liberalism junk..
they just *cut & paste whenever and whatever suits their aganda

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
PR move by school? NUS name smelly enough in recent years

if allegations were unfound, that guy definitely would want to fight instead of losing fellowship

but sexual assault not criminal case involving police meh??? how come school can choose to ownself settle and deem firing the joker is closure to the issue

googled it nothing come out on the title

popsune1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's why work in female environment must always 三思而后行. You think can joke joke friendly, but when they buey song you time, behind chut "sexual harassment/assault" card means you game over liao.

Better to find male-oriented environment or just socially/physically/emotionally/virtually distance yourself from woman. Even better, must make sure your messages to female colleagues are tripled scanned through to make sure is family friendly and no sexual punks/references.

Otherwise end up ish you that kena.

Did Jeremy Fernando sexually assault the women?

Sultana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This college residence is rather popular. How did this college residence deteriorated so badly in handling sexual cases? Sympathy to the victims.

MercuryHigh95

Reaction score
This is NUS typical mafioso style

To silence people and victims

Hope the matter goes away and always think about their reputation and kpi first

Sent from Samsung SM-T295 using GAGT

moolala

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So was there any police report made by NUS? Otherwise how to believe such allegations?

Secondly if a crime was committed, the perpetrator must be charged in court. Otherwise how many more victims will happen in the future?
why no polis report? why the victims so kum gong to report to school only

they really think criminal offense can be settled by school?

can the school force NDA on victims because they investigate?

Making a police report may garner media attention which is not be good for the school.

in before school say student interest is also their interest

Abjure

Banned
Reaction score
Satki university of sex

No head no tail

Where the link to the whole story?

Hierophant

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who would have thought that putting a bunch of horny would lead to this

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.