Hiring Swabbers and Swab Assistants

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone whose contract has been extended here could advise how long the extension is about? i think the first batch which started in may would know soon their status..
Extended as per contract

Sent from LGE LM-V500N using GAGT

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which site will win the best Deepavali decoration contest?

`

Sent from Google PIXEL 9B using GAGT

ivancool

Reaction score
Easy job, good food, attractive remuneration

What else can i ask for as someone who dont have to work for living

pUp1KOg.jpg

ivancool

Reaction score
Btw those driving to work how you deal with thick skin ppl who keep ask for tong pang even when not convenient?

This self entitled lady like to wait for me so she can tongpang ride to cityhall mrt she even waited for me to end work even when her is 8.15 gown up and mine is 8.45 gown up. Tot she will go first but she still wait for me

ska8er

Reaction score
Of course Swabber pay higher lol, Currently i'm comforting myself like what you mentioned at most 3 months.

Regarding to how long the extension is by default 3 mths and if you ask me if got any longer term, i wouldn't know. I happened to be at a smoking point with an off duty Safe Distancing Ambassador and he recently was recontracted, he was informed that the ops will last till at least 1st quarter of next year.

With that said please take this with a pinch of salt as this are just hear say info from me.

My take on this matter simply boils down to what are your goals for 2021 and beyond. We know that this swab work is temporary and soon our contract ended we need to face the reality what’s next for us?

It is good to take this opportunity to start thinking about upskilling or re-skilling yourself on a new profession so that once this job has ended you are clear onto your next goal.

I believe if you received a job offer based on your experience and qualifications would be a good start to chart your career progression and work up the ladder. No doubt there would be a pay cut as the pay scale is pegged to the job responsibility. Unlike for HPB Pay it is pegged to risk factor and the time you required to spend swabbing and being in your PPE almost the whole day.

In the meantime do exercise your leaves given to you to take up online courses or do some soul searching.

I left the swabbing role last month to take up a traineeship programme. I took a huge huge pay cut investing my time learning and preparing myself for a new job role in the post covid era. This would be far more invaluable in my opinion. and I know the pay scale would either match or be even more once ive graduated from this.

To some, this HPB role is to past time or earned side income. But to others, they may have lost their jobs and business due to this pandemic, and this jobs provides the temporary cushioned. But what’s next? Becoming a PS? site sup? Is that enough? Something for all of you to ponder upon.

Nevertheless, thank you guys to keep on pursuing this tedious job under such working environment and conditions day in day out. To some with little rest 4-2-4-1 configurations. Take care. A brand new start of the week tmr!

Last edited:

Ipitrilliant

Reaction score
Btw those driving to work how you deal with thick skin ppl who keep ask for tong pang even when not convenient?

This self entitled lady like to wait for me so she can tongpang ride to cityhall mrt she even waited for me to end work even when her is 8.15 gown up and mine is 8.45 gown up. Tot she will go first but she still wait for me

i my self don't drive i don't ask people who drive for a lift unless they offered. Sometimes you have to be firm and tell them it is not convenient. I have a group of younger people hawking on a lady driver also, she told me regarding it and indirectly told the group of younger guys to at least pay a token sum and not just take free rides and just because she drives and shows up at work doesn't mean every time also she will give you a lift

Last edited:

Ipitrilliant

Reaction score
My take on this matter simply boils down to what are your goals for 2021 and beyond. We know that this swab work is temporary and soon our contract ended we need to face the reality what’s next for us?

It is good to take this opportunity to start thinking about upskilling or re-skilling yourself on a new profession so that once this job has ended you are clear onto your next goal.

I believe if you received a job offer based on your experience and qualifications would be a good start to chart your career progression and work up the ladder. No doubt there would be a pay cut as the pay scale is pegged to the job responsibility. Unlike for HPB Pay it is pegged to risk factor and the time you required to spend swabbing and being in your PPE almost the whole day.

In the meantime do exercise your leaves given to you to take up online courses or do some soul searching.

I left the swabbing role last month to take up a traineeship programme. I took a huge huge pay cut investing my time learning and preparing myself for a new job role in the post covid era. This would be far more invaluable in my opinion. and I know the pay scale would either match or be even more once ive graduated from this.

To some, this HPB role is to past time or earned side income. But to others, they may have lost their jobs and business due to this pandemic, and this jobs provides the temporary cushioned. But what’s next? Becoming a PS? site sup? Is that enough? Something for all of you to ponder upon.

Nevertheless, thank you guys to keep on pursuing this tedious job under such working environment and conditions day in day out. To some with little rest 4-2-4-1 configurations. Take care. A brand new start of the week tmr!

Wow, i really agree with this "To some, this HPB role is to past time or earned side income. But to others, they may have lost their jobs..." my site mates keeps on telling me to milk the pay master till the end, but somehow i always felt this job was something i would have never done if the place i was working for didn't close down.

Really appreciative and thankful to have gotten this job to plug the gap.

Just to share i will be signing my letter of appointment tomorrow and will continue working till 14 Dec as the new place have yet to open (renovation)

MobileAir

Reaction score
Sembcorp Marine hiring swabber/sa/admin :
- salary 3-3.8k (I think quite obvious each role gets how much)
- Mon to Fri office hours (on paper but may be called back on sat)
- 2 locations : either Tuas or Admiralty
- Contract for service so no cpf & no benefits
- 6 months contract (so called renewable but still depends on covid situation)

Guys, do y'all think this job worth taking up in place of extending contract with Hpb? Assuming contract renewal is 3 months as originally stated

Goldschlager

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sembcorp Marine hiring swabber/sa/admin :
- salary 3-3.8k (I think quite obvious each role gets how much)
- Mon to Fri office hours (on paper but may be called back on sat)
- 2 locations : either Tuas or Admiralty
- Contract for service so no cpf & no benefits
- 6 months contract (so called renewable but still depends on covid situation)

Guys, do y'all think this job worth taking up in place of extending contract with Hpb? Assuming contract renewal is 3 months as originally stated

didn't know sembcorp is hiring. Isn't the pay roughly the same as hpb?

MobileAir

Reaction score
didn't know sembcorp is hiring. Isn't the pay roughly the same as hpb?

Ya from the looks of it probably about the same. Only diff is no cpf deduction. But key talking point here is the contract length - 6 months vs hpb possible 3 months. And is the working hours/days considered shiong?

Goldschlager

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya from the looks of it probably about the same. Only diff is no cpf deduction. But key talking point here is the contract length - 6 months vs hpb possible 3 months. And is the working hours/days considered shiong?

not sure, only someone working from there can answer u. I'm set for training next month under hpb as ops admin, quite tempting to apply this. They told u no cpf deduction?

Last edited:

MobileAir

Reaction score
not sure, only someone working from there can answer u. I'm set for training next month under hpb as ops admin, quite tempting to apply this. They told u no cpf deduction?

Oh hpb still hiring ah? Thought they got surplus of staff already. Ya they say no cpf no benefits. Anw here's the link not sure if it's still open https://sg.joblum.com/job/swabber-swabbing-assistant-registration/332871?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

Goldschlager

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ipitrilliant

Reaction score
They should be having manpower shortage soon, most of the roving/microsite is no longer active to my limited knowledge. Most of their manpower are deployed in dormitories and as our economy slowly begins to recover more job opportunity starts to re-open and people from the current pool starts to return back to the workforce.

I don't know how true this is but those from the June intake (i'm one of them)will be reaching the end of the contract and from "hear say" news the initial 3.8k (Swabber) pay will also be revised upon extension of contract. Maybe those whom has been extended can share on this

I will be ending my stint as a swabber next month, i will miss the paycheck alot hahaha

MobileAir

Reaction score
They should be having manpower shortage soon, most of the roving/microsite is no longer active to my limited knowledge. Most of their manpower are deployed in dormitories and as our economy slowly begins to recover more job opportunity starts to re-open and people from the current pool starts to return back to the workforce.

I don't know how true this is but those from the June intake (i'm one of them)will be reaching the end of the contract and from "hear say" news the initial 3.8k (Swabber) pay will also be revised upon extension of contract. Maybe those whom has been extended can share on this

I will be ending my stint as a swabber next month, i will miss the paycheck alot hahaha

If they are going to have manpower shortage, they can still offer lousier terms? I thought logic dictates that's better pay to retain & attract staff. Anyway, your hearsay got concern length of extension? Is it 3 months or longer?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.