Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VI [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira.yiktah

Reaction score
Guys, seriously, please, how to lock the damn TV. The parental controls don't seem to have that option. It only restricts R content. It's total crap.

Rebound

Reaction score
How to shortcut Sidelauncher App

Hi,

Need help to shortcut Chrome in Sidelauncher App into main app list.

anyone able to advise please?

lotusnotes

Reaction score
May i ask if there are ads on android tv? Last time i heard is ads will be shown after tv is booted up. Thanks ya

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has tried connecting 2 headphones to this tv? I need to do so cos after my kids sleep, my wife and i want to watch tv without disturbing the sleeping kids. So headphones are the best solution. But most wireless solutions only allow one wireless headset to be connected. Since this tv has Bluetooth 5.0, is it possible to connect 2 such headsets? I don't intend to buy expensive headphones, probably Xiaomi ones will do. If not possible to connect wirelessly directly, any workaround, short of using a stereo splitter and wired headphones?

Thank you!!!

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIC

With vouchers can probably get less.

tgE1Pp7.jpg

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has tried connecting 2 headphones to this tv? I need to do so cos after my kids sleep, my wife and i want to watch tv without disturbing the sleeping kids. So headphones are the best solution. But most wireless solutions only allow one wireless headset to be connected. Since this tv has Bluetooth 5.0, is it possible to connect 2 such headsets? I don't intend to buy expensive headphones, probably Xiaomi ones will do. If not possible to connect wirelessly directly, any workaround, short of using a stereo splitter and wired headphones?

Thank you!!!

Anyone tried this device before? Got any feedback?

https://shopee.sg/Multi-point-Bluet...2YAgW7oLGUQrqdTWyaQ3Oawg5IIdwB0RoCxuYQAvD_BwE

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

RaptureM3

Reaction score
May i ask if there are ads on android tv? Last time i heard is ads will be shown after tv is booted up. Thanks ya

Nope. 0 ads for the Global versions.

I think in the past Xiaomi TVs were imported from China and/or China version thus a lot of ads popping up everywhere. I am not certain of those models, however, all the 4S Global models being discussed in this thread has 0 / NO ads.

Enjoy!

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many moons ago, Bluetooth 3.0 ago, tried bluetooth headset to TV, and the lag between video and voice was significant/ not sync/ till not tolerable. BT5.0, never try before. But aux out-splitter-line headphones should work. So up this to see others have more recent BT headset to TV experience to share.

Thanks bro! I am hedging my bets... the BT headphones will have AUX ports so still can plug in cables if BT really is bad...

lotusnotes

Reaction score
Nope. 0 ads for the Global versions.

I think in the past Xiaomi TVs were imported from China and/or China version thus a lot of ads popping up everywhere. I am not certain of those models, however, all the 4S Global models being discussed in this thread has 0 / NO ads.

Enjoy!

Thanks RaptureM3. ;)

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess now my options connecting two wireless or wired headphones are the following:

1. Try connecting two Bluetooth 5.0 wireless headphones to the Xiaomi TV which is also Bluetooth 5.0. This is apparently possible under the Bluetooth 5.0 protocol. But it may lag badly.

2. Buy a multi-point Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter which allows 2 Bluetooth 5.0 wireless headphones to connect. There are conflicting reports online from product reviews on Amazon that both can connect but the second headset will suffer from noticeable lag.

3. Buy a 3.5 mm stereo splitter and attach two Bluetooth 5.0 transmitters and connect one wireless Bluetooth headset to each transmitter. Apparently such an arrangement won't have interference between the 2 transmitters. And apparently no lag as well.

4. Just use a stereo splitter and connect cables to the headsets. This is the back up plan if 1-3 fails... and it's quite sad cos the idea is to do it wirelessly.

5. Buy a dedicated wireless system which allows multiple pairs of headsets to connect to a base station. This is hyper expensive. Not likely to even consider going down this route cos it will cost as much as my TV?

joeltng

Reaction score
Many moons ago, Bluetooth 3.0 ago, tried bluetooth headset to TV, and the lag between video and voice was significant/ not sync/ till not tolerable. BT5.0, never try before. But aux out-splitter-line headphones should work. So up this to see others have more recent BT headset to TV experience to share.

My WH1000XM3 and Creative Outlier Gold has little to no lag for watching shows etc

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My WH1000XM3 and Creative Outlier Gold has little to no lag for watching shows etc

Oh? Did you try connecting both at the same time to the same tv and test if they lag? Do they both support the apt-X low latency codec? I understand that apt-X low latency doesn't support dual pair audio. Those are high end headphones... not sure if my budget ones I'm looking to buy will have lag or not.

Last edited:

x3nor_S

Reaction score
hi all, i went to xm store to look at the 55" 4s tv and i really like the panel. just some questions.

1) Am planning to get the local set from courts currently at $599 i think. Can this set support 4K netflix? Understand some of the XM phone got this issue where even if the screen is HD, they can only output 720p due to some license thing. Just wondering if this TV have this same issue.

2) Saw minihelpers have a even better price promo. But is worried that i get the russian set which does not come with DVB-T2 turner.

3) How is XM TV compared to TCL? saw in their forum TCL has scaling issue. Does XM TV have this issue?

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, i went to xm store to look at the 55" 4s tv and i really like the panel. just some questions.

1) Am planning to get the local set from courts currently at $599 i think. Can this set support 4K netflix? Understand some of the XM phone got this issue where even if the screen is HD, they can only output 720p due to some license thing. Just wondering if this TV have this same issue.

2) Saw minihelpers have a even better price promo. But is worried that i get the russian set which does not come with DVB-T2 turner.

3) How is XM TV compared to TCL? saw in their forum TCL has scaling issue. Does XM TV have this issue?

1) yes it is 4k netflix.
2) it is digital. Just need an antenna. Minihelpers give it free.
3) just get xiaomi 4s. Its value for money. I have 2 x 65inch tv. 1 is a top of the end LG 65CX oled and another is a 65inch xiaomi 4s. Price of the LG is about 5.5 times more ex than the xiaomi but for normal netflix 4k content,xiaomi is good enough.

GJN

Reaction score
1) yes it is 4k netflix.
2) it is digital. Just need an antenna. Minihelpers give it free.
3) just get xiaomi 4s. Its value for money. I have 2 x 65inch tv. 1 is a top of the end LG 65CX oled and another is a 65inch xiaomi 4s. Price of the LG is about 5.5 times more ex than the xiaomi but for normal netflix 4k content,xiaomi is good enough.

That's the point - a choice between stunning colour and a good colour which is also enjoyable. :)

joeltng

Reaction score
Oh? Did you try connecting both at the same time to the same tv and test if they lag? Do they both support the apt-X low latency codec? I understand that apt-X low latency doesn't support dual pair audio. Those are high end headphones... not sure if my budget ones I'm looking to buy will have lag or not.

The tv only supports sbc from what i see. Only.connects one at a time

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the point - a choice between stunning colour and a good colour which is also enjoyable. :)

I suppose you don't put the tvs side by side you won't know what you're missing right? Ha ha... I always opt for wallet friendly but decent products...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.