Big Navi (RDNA2) discussion

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the price-performance is compelling, I will pick AMD over Nvidia. The last two GPUs I bought were both AMD and though I had them briefly, they tested perfectly fine with no issues.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
interested to know how they going to deal with Ray Tracing especially DXR. and how they going to address higher resolution.

and of course driving Nvidia's card prices down is important~ :o

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the price-performance is compelling, I will pick AMD over Nvidia. The last two GPUs I bought were both AMD and though I had them briefly, they tested perfectly fine with no issues.

Not my rx570, every now and then on cold boot up my pc would become 720p with no option to revert back to 1080p. I have to delete amd drivers and reinstall again before I can choose 1080p.

If anybody has any idea what may be the issue pls kindly advise, thanks.

justin_

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not my rx570, every now and then on cold boot up my pc would become 720p with no option to revert back to 1080p. I have to delete amd drivers and reinstall again before I can choose 1080p.

If anybody has any idea what may be the issue pls kindly advise, thanks.

Very likely it's not recognizing your monitor. Have you tried installing monitor drivers? (Yes there are monitor drivers!)

hafiz116

Reaction score
I am keen to get my hands on one - especially the one released by AMD as I do like how it looks!

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very likely it's not recognizing your monitor. Have you tried installing monitor drivers? (Yes there are monitor drivers!)

Quite an odd issue. I’ve used a RX 480, RX 580 and also my Vega 11 (Ryzen 3400G), but did not experienced this issue. Generally speaking, most monitors will only get a generic monitor driver/ identify, so I am not sure if the culprit is the monitor driver. Have you tried other driver versions?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I’m going to see how much it costs as a main driver. If it’s fast and cost effective, will likely consider it over Ampere. I really don’t like the power consumption on Ampere RTX 3080.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am keen to get my hands on one - especially the one released by AMD as I do like how it looks!

The triple fan cooler looks capable of cooling the card, assuming it’s sub 300W. I do hope it is nearer to 250W, though I am skeptical due to the rumoured high clockspeed.

booest

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheaper than 3080? and performance is similar it is a good option also :D

Ryzen 5900X
+
Big Navi

FTW~!

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll get one. I have a freesync monitor and I'm not going to replace my 1000 dollar monitor when replacing my card.

This Vega 64 is getting long in the tooth. But still can push 100 FPS in doom eternal at like high settings.

gnowyx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if big navi got similar or better rasterisation performance, lower price and and lower tdp i will buy amd this time round.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AMD trying to be premium brand liao.
I expect same price as 3080 if on par perform.

In my opinion, they are successful with their CPU business. GPU wise, they are very clear that they are still the underdog. Based on their usual practice, they likely will try and undercut Nvidia if the cost permits.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if big navi got similar or better rasterisation performance, lower price and and lower tdp i will buy amd this time round.

This may not be the actual Big Navi that we are going to get on PC, but looking at the thermal and power review from Xbox Series X, I think AMD may have a compelling product.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-x-power-consumption-and-heat-analysis

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the driver? I've used the Radeon 5870 and Vega 64 without driver issues

The drivers are certainly not as refined as Nvidia’s, because I did run into some issues. For example, games will also auto close when running with dual monitors. But they are not teething issues.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.