MoCA Network Setup | Ethernet over TV cable

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Gocoax online ship directly to Singapore ? How much does the shipping cost ?

Thanks

Yes .... I bought it from there and ship to Singapore.

You go check in at the Buy Now cart and key in Singapore address... it should give you the shipping cost.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rem reading need splittor and termination those things? Not need anymore? Just get 1 pairs of these Moca and good to go?

Sent from Toilet While Making Cake. using GAGT

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got spare pairs of DirecTV (100Mbps) and MoCa (1Gbps).

MoCA solution is more stable than DirecTV. Both are sufficient for IPTV set-top-boxes. MoCA is definitely better for inter-PC file transfer.

I had laid CAT7 cables room to room, now these coaxial networking are obsolete and no longer needed.

mortpenguin

Reaction score
I was trying to purchase 2 units from amazon.sg, the site shows me error as exceeded quantity purchase.

I encountered the same problem. Seems like we have to do the order twice, which kinda negates the savings from shipping through Amazon. I'll order direct from goCoax then so I can also pick up a POE filter.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I encountered the same problem. Seems like we have to do the order twice, which kinda negates the savings from shipping through Amazon. I'll order direct from goCoax then so I can also pick up a POE filter.

What is POE filter for ?

mortpenguin

Reaction score
What is POE filter for ?

You attach it to the main SCV cable to prevent your internet signal from reflecting back into the main connection to Starhub. Theoretically disconnecting the main SCV cable in the box should work but I'm getting it just in case the riser is locked (I haven't checked my new house yet) and I need to call Starhub to open up and install filter.

You should read through this thread, it's been explained many times.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is POE filter for ?

I think it’s to prevent your BB internet signal leak out to other houses if it is connected to the main incoming SCV cable.

Nowadays TV are not using the SCV antenna anymore, I think you do not have to use POE filter connector.

For termination of the incoming, I simply just disconnect the incoming cable to prevent BB internet signal from going out to my neighbours. :D:D

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You attach it to the main SCV cable to prevent your internet signal from reflecting back into the main connection to Starhub. Theoretically disconnecting the main SCV cable in the box should work but I'm getting it just in case the riser is locked (I haven't checked my new house yet) and I need to call Starhub to open up and install filter.

You should read through this thread, it's been explained many times.

Thanks. Yes, I did read about it sometimes back. Is there any charge for Starhub to open up riser? Where does riser locate? I am staying in HDB.

How much does the filter cost? Can I get it locally ?

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sound a better idea. How do disconnect the incoming cable? Any tip?

Thanks.

Courtesy of Manyu882 post #334 in page 23, you can refer to the pictorial diagram where POE filter is attached at the Incoming.

There are some picture postings ... go to page 26 and see post #382 at the splitter IN - that’s where you install POE filter or just simply disconnect and tape-wrap the cable connector and replace the IN connection to the MoCA adaptor.

Last edited:

mortpenguin

Reaction score
So I ordered from goCoax webste but I did not receive any email confirmation about my order even after 24 hours. Anyone encountered the same problem?

So I checked my credit card statement and the pending transaction disappeared, which meant it didn't go through. I re-purchased everything on the website, but used Paypal this time. Will update if there's a problem again.

Last edited:

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I ordered from goCoax webste but I did not receive any email confirmation about my order even after 24 hours. Anyone encountered the same problem?

So I checked my credit card statement and the pending transaction disappeared, which meant it didn't go through. I re-purchased everything on the website, but used Paypal this time. Will update if there's a problem again.

Actually you should wait 72 hours due to following factors....
- Time zone difference, when you order in the day here, could be wee hours for them US office over there and their office is not operational. It will also take time for them to liaise with their logistic office in Asia-Pacific in HongKong or Shenzhen China.
- Pandemic situation, could also affect their operational hours.
- Political situation, now with this US-China tension going on... you might be caught in this embargo.
- Merchant credit facility, google Wirecard .... maybe your bank’s issuing credit card might be affected. I also notice quite recently (from their Facebook link) that they have now direct orders using PayPal instead of credit cards (Visa/MasterCard).

I also ordered from goCoax previously and subsequently received 2 emails from goCoax... the first email came like 4 days after ordering and second one was the official billing invoice about 5 days from ordering date. BTW goCoax processing office is in US and the shipping warehouse and logistic office for Asia-Pacific region was from Shenzhen China.

You can go goCoax Facebook pages to get more updated information.

Last edited:

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ordered a pair Gocoax Moca on 19th Oct and received them yesterday., 22nd Oct. I just installed them and the speed is truely fast. Done speedtest.net and the result is close to my 1Gps fibre.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.